COIN aircraft/Light attack aircraft and Ground attack aircraft, official promotion

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Oceanhawk wrote:

War-spite wrote:

At the risk of beating a dead horse.. does this sound reasonable...
      What if under the helicopter tree, we had helo gun ships and attack helo's for tier 1 and 2, and then CAS aircraft for tier 3?

so western attack chain might go cobra, viper, warthog
      eastern is i think alligator, ???, the frogfoot
      euro would be whatever/whatever/pucara

I know this will tick off the historical accuracy crowd, but it seems like a compromise that could work, no?
      Personally, I wouldnt like this. They should be seperate,
      think about carriers and LHDSs (eventually :P )
      Yeah you are right about the LHD's... I forgot about that.. it seems like the dream that may never happen .. sigh.. :/ ||

I don't think due to the overlap that they will ever appear then.
      ----------------------

Jacopo: Why not just kill them? I'll do it! I'll run up to Paris - bam, bam, bam, bam. I'm back before week's end. We spend the treasure. How is this a bad plan?

Remember that no one ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb idiot die for his country.
    • War-spite wrote:

Oceanhawk wrote:

War-spite wrote:

At the risk of beating a dead horse.. does this sound reasonable...
      What if under the helicopter tree, we had helo gun ships and attack helo's for tier 1 and 2, and then CAS aircraft for tier 3?

so western attack chain might go cobra, viper, warthog
      eastern is i think alligator, ???, the frogfoot
      euro would be whatever/whatever/pucara

I know this will tick off the historical accuracy crowd, but it seems like a compromise that could work, no?
      Personally, I wouldnt like this. They should be seperate,think about carriers and LHDSs (eventually :P )
      Yeah you are right about the LHD's... I forgot about that.. it seems like the dream that may never happen .. sigh.. :/ ||
      I don't think due to the overlap that they will ever appear then.
      The COIN and ground attack?

Yes thats true, although Id say thats no issue having overlap, with small differences... It would take unnessary time off the devs when they could be working on LHD's :P
      The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
      - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
      - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
      - Sun Tzu
    • No idea when this thread was made but I just found it, So I am going to comment on it!

So, COIN Aircraft = Gunship Helicopters with greater range
      and CAS Aircraft = Better Strike Fighters but stronger against Armor and Infantry?

I mean, I'd go for the COIN Aircraft if they can be produced without an Arms Industry and are extremely cheap to produce.
      "The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman.Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph." - Thomas Paine

• Other countries have their own version of the A-10, Such as the Su-25 (?) Frogfoot, and the uh, I have no idea what the European version of the A-10 is. Pls help.
      "The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman.Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph." - Thomas Paine

• I'd agree we don't anymore units to research because there are enough, but it is fun to fantasize about these kinds of things and you got me excited that someone responded to my question about my account.. and then I click on the 1 and it was this thread. then i was sad :(

• Yes