The Radar Visibility Matrix

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• The diversity and attention to detail is what makes me love this game, awsome update and glad there a list too now :P
      The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
      - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
      - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
      - Sun Tzu
    • Should AWACS not be able to pick up missiles? after all that must be the primary purpose of the "Airborne early warning and control "
      The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants
      - Thomas Jefferson

Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
      - Milton Friedman

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
      - Sun Tzu
    • Oceanhawk wrote:

AWACS not be able to pick up missiles
      I thought AWACS was all about Air Battle Management (i.e. aircraft to aircraft combat), not about defending regions from WMD. Maybe they should be able to detect cruise missiles but not ballistic missiles or ICBMs?
      In any case, I'm not sure what good detecting them would do, since as far as I know, aircraft have no ability to attack any kind of missile.
      "The enemy cannot push a button, if you disable his hand."
      Sergeant Zim, Terran Federation
    • RasczakRough wrote:

Oceanhawk wrote:

AWACS not be able to pick up missiles
      I thought AWACS was all about Air Battle Management (i.e. aircraft to aircraft combat), not about defending regions from WMD. Maybe they should be able to detect cruise missiles but not ballistic missiles or ICBMs?In any case, I'm not sure what good detecting them would do, since as far as I know, aircraft have no ability to attack any kind of missile.
      Airborne Early warning and control system...

they are designed to do both, the battle management and controling things as you mentioned. But also early warning. If there is a missile fired, they will pick it up. If anything I would say only the Ballistic missiles and ICBMs and not the cruise missiles
      - Thomas Jefferson

- Milton Friedman

- Sun Tzu
    • @Oceanhawk Have you got an online source for AWACS acting in support of missile defense operations beyond controlling scud-hunting missions in Iraq? I just did a cursory check, but I couldn't find any.

@Germanico There seems to be evidence on Wikipedia and elsewhere that modern American (late Los Angeles-class and newer) submarines are capable of detecting the radar signatures emitted by aircraft using Universal Modular Masts. It seems reasonable to assume that Russian and European boats have similar equipment. Is this something the dev team is interested in modeling in CON?
      "The enemy cannot push a button, if you disable his hand."
      Sergeant Zim, Terran Federation

The post was edited 1 time, last by RasczakRough ().

• RasczakRough wrote:

@Oceanhawk Have you got an online source for AWACS acting in support of missile defense operations beyond controlling scud-hunting missions in Iraq? I just did a cursory check, but I couldn't find any.

@Germanico There seems to be evidence on Wikipedia and elsewhere that modern American (late Los Angeles-class and newer) submarines are capable of detecting the radar signatures emitted by aircraft using Universal Modular Masts. It seems reasonable to assume that Russian and European boats have similar equipment. Is this something the dev team is interested in modeling in CON?
      Ahh prob not ICBMs, but prob ballistic missiles

- Thomas Jefferson

- Milton Friedman

- Sun Tzu
    • waynebo wrote:

Agony wrote:

On the line for Naval Vessels there is no radar icon for the Corvette, Destroyer, Frigate, Cruiser, or Aircraft Carrier. Is this an oversight or can naval vessels not detect other surface vessels on radar
      Has the visibility matrix been updated?Are there other errors?
      I do not believe the one above has been updated, and there are a few errors I believe,
      - Thomas Jefferson

- Milton Friedman

- Sun Tzu