Do units collect air travel miles?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Do units collect air travel miles?

Hi,

I play Easter conflict and i have Airports in all my cities...when i move my infantery around i noticed that they always want to fly. For example; Haifa to tel Aviv..1:02h driving time, 1:34 flying time. I wonder why? Are my soldiers frequent flyer members looking for bonus miles?

Maybe the algorithm for the shortest way is not taking embarking and disambarking time into account(i imagin them at the airport security screening: are you carrying weapons?). So yeah this would be better in the bug section... ;) But i find it funny...and maybe its intented by Germanico...as so many things...

Think about all the CO2 ;)

Download.jpg
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • It should take the embarkation into account - disembarkation I don't really remember to be honest.
      And yes - they are always "optimizing" their travel - so in case you want to walk them you need to do it manually.

Are you totally certain that it really would be faster from A-B via land connection?
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • Pretty sure that with the City/Suburbs speed, air speed is still quicker than land movement. (in the specific case of Israel)
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Germanico wrote:

It should take the embarkation into account - disembarkation I don't really remember to be honest.
      And yes - they are always "optimizing" their travel - so in case you want to walk them you need to do it manually.

Are you totally certain that it really would be faster from A-B via land connection?
      I did the maths by manually setting waypoints
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • yes reach this citi quick by air ( just reach not posibility make travel out of city so if enemy want make strike yes your unit is there by air lift quick but if you want send this unit from citi a to city B and after travel by land no is not quick .. (specialy is see on midle west map ... )

and some if you want make stack with send from citi B to another (becose evry unit must have some status in citi to make stack ... (yes sometime make game stack if you are ambushed there (i think that count that fight is over when unit have some status ...)

its some like when you see that like you have two some unit in fight by HP you see that one die ... so easy giv it comand move and you have on some place two unit with have separate HP and giv it posibility alive fight both (less streng but alive ... ) and some count is about move game have some system to find path but not evry time is what you want or need so sometime is better to look on time of travel ... than send unit if you just prepared for next day yes doesnt matter if you need make for save evry minute its realy not friendly that you must evrything control :D

like me today i send from my citi one unit to flee befofe arrive enemy in city ( make way in sea so when i send its count that load this unit on "ship" something about 40 minut when enemy conqer my citi i see artilery so i JUST want try how quick i reach this artilery ... when i see that is to much long i send unit back on way at sea and ups becose enemy conqer city .... :D load to ship is count 2 h and something :D (and in not sure if is change but i think not (like if unit start load in airlift and you giv comand to load sometime is posible destroy this airport but still this unit load in aircraft and fly from citi with havent airport ..