GENERAL UPDATE (190722)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• GENERAL UPDATE (190722)

+ + + + GENERAL UPDATE + + + +
      Commanders!

This week's update brings you another round of overhauled tool-tips: The ambiguous Scout tooltip has been split up into two distinct tooltips for clarity: Scout and Anti-Stealth. Previously, the Scout feature was displayed for units that could either identify the unit composition of an army AND/OR reveal stealth units. We hope this update helps to eliminate the confusion that surrounded this feature. Check the changes below for details about the new tooltips. Finally, we've started to tackle the much discussed ASW vs Naval stats, and we're looking forward to how these changes will play out.
      As always, we're looking forward to your feedback!

Changes
      • New Tooltip: Scout
        • Indicates that a unit can identify the exact unit composition of an army in sight-range.
      • New Tooltip: Anti-Stealth
        • Indicates that a unit can reveal stealth units of a specified type in sight-range.
      • New Tooltip: Limited Mobilization
        • Specifies how many units of a given type can be on the battlefield at any point.
      Balancing
      • Naval Patrol Aircraft
        • Increase HP by 5 across the board
        • Increase DMG vs Naval from 6/9/11/12/12.5 to 7/10/12/13/14
      • ASW
        • Reduce DMG vs Naval from 3.5/4/4.5/5.5/7.5/8.5 to 2/2.5/3/3.5/5.5/6.5
      • Frigates
        • Increase HP by 3 across the board
        • Reduce DMG vs Planes by 1 across the board
      • Cruiser
        • Increase Anti-Air Range from 26 to 50 across the board
        • Increase DMG vs helicopter from 2/2/2.5/2.5/3.5 to 3/3/4/4/5.5

// Your CoN Team
      Dorado Games
      Conflict Of Nations

The post was edited 1 time, last by Yak ().

• no, ASW are still pretty good especially with their tech line. They are just not "overwhelming anymore", and an counter (an expensive one) has been created.

Cruiser beats ASW who beats Frigate who beats NPA who beats cruiser (in an economical nutshell)

Of course, to see if this update tunes things well needs to be experienced on the field through stack and subtle mix of units.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Nice icons there. I'm sure that few recent changes will better explain game concepts to newcomers... and mediocres'. ;)

About the balancing :

Now I see the NPA as a Torpedo Bomber Aircraft for 'search and destroy' missions. I like the role, but the question is - Is 5/5 stack will be able to sink down two frigates if launch cruise missile first? If so, considering it's price, It will be OP a bit. It was actually quite good before the update. Still I believe it should have more anti-sub damage ( 5/7.5/10 to fight missile submarines ) instead, but that's all.

ASW probably useless. Maybe It's a heresy, but It was fine before ;) . Currently testing Attack Helicopters (2/3/5 vs surface ships ) + Carriers as multi-role anti-ship support. ASW's 2/3.5/6.5 vs surface looks very similar. So, considering new potentially deadly NPA, and overally good Attack Helicopter, I'll choose them instead.

Frigates. Fine for me.

Cruiser. Good direction. I think It still needs only def dmg to fixed wing, and only def damage to missiles. So it won't trigger poor damage and will focus on rotary wing units.

What's next? 8)

I propose to downgrade Frigate's, Cruiser's and Carrier's anti-sub damage to symbolic 1/2/3. I'll be more than happy with that.
      Display Spoiler

"We rarely recognize how wonderful it is that a person can traverse an entire lifetime without making a single really serious mistake — like putting a fork in one's eye or using a window instead of a door."
      - Marvin Lee Minsky

The post was edited 1 time, last by Efreet ().

• Well i must say with the frigate now having the range of 100 on max level it has become a serious stand alone units...

By if you compare the fight values of NPA vs frigate you should always kkep in mind that no one is driving arround with 5 fregates.
      You would have a stack of 2 cruiser, 1 destroyer an 2 fregates...if i know my enemy has lots of airforce or 3 cruisers, 1 destroyer an 1 fregate if they have poor airforce.

And a stack like this is hard to come by with NPA.

Especially if you consider that your cruise rmissles will not make any damage at all. until lvl 4 they have only 5 hitpoints meaning that even if you time them right and the hit the target then the defense values of the target are higher (+5 from 2 fregate, +1,3 from destroyer and + 2 from two cruisers). Means you can send 11 cruise missle one after enough and you would even put a dent into the task force.

I appreciate the increase of hitpoints for NPA...i tested them in my current game and the cash/value was quite right sondiering your enemy has lots of fregates (which he unfortunatly had). The NP is a close combat units(puttin cruise missles later in the game aside (which also add an other cost factor). Ships a usually distance weapons so you need to calculate heavy losses...unless you attack destroyers, corvettes or submarines.
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • Opulon wrote:

Cruiser beats ASW who beats Frigate who beats NPA who beats cruiser (in an economical nutshell)
      No here :). ASW cant now beat frigates , x2 damage decrease dont more allow to beat them ... ASW are totally useless against subs due to their low range and low speed (subs just may flight faster then ASW) and now are useless against surface navy, so really RIP ASW.

Cruiser now is slightly more interesting due to normal range against aircrafts, but it no need any damage against choppers because ASW is RIP.

NPA still is unplayable.

Finally all changes = RIP ASW. Now navy may beat by other navy only, slightly playable is naval SF due to FR anti air decreasing.
        • Indicates that a unit can identify the exact unit composition of an army in sight-range.
      • so any typ unit in sight range see evrything (like now just recoon or heli ...or drone )
      • New Tooltip: Anti-Stealth
        • Indicates that a unit can reveal stealth units of a specified type in sight-range.
      • New Tooltip: Limited Mobilization
        • Specifies how many units of a given type can be on the battlefield at any point.
        this i realy dont understant what is means ?
    • Opulon wrote:

I suppose your reasoning covers early more than late
      Partially ... yes, ASW with deep development has not so bad damage against navy. But in late game also FR itself has ability to see choppers and damage them by aura (by the way several times due to choppers low speed, actually FR may just follow choppers till airbase and damage them many times by aura, Tmax chopper speed is 7.5 Tmax FR speed is 6 with burst ), also in middle/late game all around is covered by AWACS which can see all and low speed choppers become easy target.
    • @Gemanico: It is like food...everyone has his preferences...you cant make everyone happy. I calculate bang for my cash...so I wont use ASW. If worst comes to bad i use my normal helis to attack ships. It works not good but 90% of the time they have to kill land units and that is what they do good.
      If someone else is happy with ASW then he can go ahead and build them.
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • Andilek7319 wrote:
      • so any typ unit in sight range see evrything (like now just recoon or heli ...or drone )
      • If a unit without a Scout feature spots a hostile army, you will not be able to tell what exactly is in that army since the units are unidentified (see attached screenshot). A unit with Scout can identify the units in that army.
      unidentifiedArmy.png

New Tooltip: Limited Mobilization
      • this i realy dont understant what is means ?
      • It means what it says: You can only mobilize a certain amount of a unit. Once you've reached that limit, you cannot mobilize more until one of them dies

The post was edited 2 times, last by ThePanda ().