Tactic against Motorised Infantry spam without join them(?)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Tactic against Motorised Infantry spam without join them(?)

Tactic against Motorised Infantry spam without also using Motorised infantry spam.
    I tend to not using meta unit(s?) Because I like to play with odd/unpopular strategy to keep up the game variety.

From what I saw a lot of game almost every one that made it into late game will do Motorised infantry spam. Due to low cost, needless base upgrade,fast product,have attack range

The current tactic I used.
    - damage Homeland and annex City to interrupt production
    - only holding tactic point. (The province/city that could minimum the way to break the line) + camp and bunker
    - anti infanty heli
    - force enemy to enter the sea to progress the invaded
    - try to out range them with artillery

I would like to hear more tactic you guys could come up with. Thx
    This post was made by Leader of the Church of ROAD
  • Well, there is no big philosophy - the answer you're looking for is Strike Fighter.

Also a Strategic Bomber works well if very huge area control needed.

Add there an AWACS for proper force allocation, and Chemical Cruise Missiles to clean doom stacks, and it goes nice and easy.
    Display Spoiler

"We rarely recognize how wonderful it is that a person can traverse an entire lifetime without making a single really serious mistake — like putting a fork in one's eye or using a window instead of a door."
    - Marvin Lee Minsky

• In early : Towed artillery, national guards; and outposts if you have no time to prepare (for example, 2 or 3 countries spamming mot inf attacking you day 1, and you need to send the 3 of them in the grave). Something people forget with motorised infantry is that it's not an offensive unit. If it attacks in, say, mountains, with an outpost, their damage output is ridiculously low. ( < 1 )

If you have "some time to prepare but not that much", Gunship may or may not save you skin.

If you have "time to prepare", Strike Fighters if the opponent is really an retarded "100% infantry" player, and Mobile artillery if he makes SAM (which is unlikely, to be honest)

I lack time to make an more "vague" answer... I fear my answer sounds like those are the only options, and the definitive ones : please don't take it into account, they are only options and cards :p
    Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
  • Well if we're talking about "offmeta" Units then the biggest counters to a mass mot Inf would be
    a) CRV spam, since they're pretty good in early game against Inf
    b) Bombers
    c) your own mot Inf but entrenched on mountains/jungles with a camp
    d) afvs/ tanks tho i'd prefer afvs because tanks suck :p

not talking about Sfs, artillery or helis cuz artillery is pretty meta and air units are basicaly the meta for publics :D
    I am The Baseline for opinions
  • if you research motorized infantry to level two or three star general they basically act like artillery at that point.

im not giving away all my strategy but a little common sense strategy you get infantry to level 3 and you know that your going to get jumped by youre neighbor so you put lets 5 six stacks at key locations you put three anti aircraft guns and 3 sams with these stacks if possible then add air supriority or strike fighter seargeant level and use conevential cruise missiles or nuclear cruise missiles and youve become a lethal army i almost never see anybody use tank any more nor do i see anybody use mechanized infantry mostly because the eat component through maintenance.

in one year full of game time ive seen 3 people build bombers ant they only built 5 bombers and didnt even research past corporal

in the last 20 games ive played in the last 4 months i seen maybe 4 players use tanks

in the same period ive seen even less people use mechanized infastructure

taking from my experience from the beginning of this year until now is a list of dead or obsolete tech

mechanized infantry

every tank in the tank teck tree is dead

bomber dead

awaks dead

stealth fighters are dead i have seen only one person this year use stealth fighters in one game and
    stealth bombers in one other

mobile artillery is almost dead

regular artilleary is almost dead

radar trucks dead for the first in the sum toatal of 2 years i saw some use radar trucks

5 times this whole i seen roughly only 5 people use attack helicopters

rocket launcher dead havent see it once

subs half dead

still alive destroyers, criusers , regular infantry, national guard ,naval marines, air superioriy fighters, strike fighters and naval strike fighters this is what i see being used daily
    • hello
  • mobile artillery is almost dead

regular artilleary is almost dead

awaks dead

radar trucks dead

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA.

ok.
    Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
  • Yeah, but you know... I believe it is an anti-zergling-strategy thread, not 'celebrity' unit rank. :D
    I can only agree that monthly unit usage rank/graph would be something interesting. :)
    Display Spoiler

"We rarely recognize how wonderful it is that a person can traverse an entire lifetime without making a single really serious mistake — like putting a fork in one's eye or using a window instead of a door."
    - Marvin Lee Minsky

• lol so many tactic and it is only if you inaf online or not and how strategy use ENEMY becose evry game is evry time a litte another and realy :D i must smile about you try giv on forum qestion about evry UNIT ... :D just left some special force :D

and ross try to sometime play normal map :D not aliance map after this you see many tank :D

most time is inaf be prepared and out number enemy ( if not this two function its left only gold ... :D )

becose if you not prepared enemy break if you prepared but enemy outnumber you or your coaly is realy doesnt matter how strategy you used ...

so is only three strategy
    1) strike or die
    2) find way between economy and army ...
    3)be lucky on coaly or totaly newbies enemy :evil:
  • Probably something that public games are much different than alliance pvp(true).

Btw. I tried Special Forces against zerglings but SFs are too delicate and demanding in infrastructure for that, and better against units like SAMs, TDS, Artillery, airports & air bases (where most offensive powers are landing. )
    Display Spoiler

- Marvin Lee Minsky

• Opulon wrote:

Sorry, i didn't understand a single word.

"Inaf" ?

sufficiently

yes my "english" is wery bad sometime ...(may be is right how i write but bad becose its just sound inaf and write another :D (for me this hard becose in ma language how is write that is sound but western language have realy another way :D
  • Most players don't know how to play and how to use units. Don't evaluate units on their public usage.

Even most alliances are still in their baby shoes in regards of team play and unit knowledge.

Radar, AWAC and Mobile Artillery are some of the most important units for any challenge.

Best method against early infantry spam, is bunkering up with your own infantry and some armor units, unit you got some anti-infantry build like choppers or towed artillery.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Kalrakh ().

• but that is defensive and only for long way with may have it on end that enemy outnumber by make better economy from conqer and buker is realy not mobile(not cover evry citi ) and non posible used in atack so your strategy is wery good to make solution for infatry but have big hole for win (not for you but for new player ) with have big problem find way between invest in defence atack and economy and reseach

specialy if count who start this question is non posible giv him advice another than try a little longer time play find your way for your fun (no evrybody play to onlxy be on pedestal wictory just play to have fun from game ...)

becose if somebody realy ask what you think aboout evry unit in game what you want giv him back 1000 post from your experince and still is posible giv another advice for EVRY day in game with come in future

like one time i have in coaly player with in evry citi with he conqer want giv 1 infatry 1 artilery 1 anti air realy madnes try sometime explain that strategy with use UI is realy defensive and ok its may pain defeat UI but if you have ui strategy is realy hard to atack or be partner for push back enemy invade if you are not mobile defence ..