New units: militia and guerrilla

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New units: militia and guerrilla

In many states of the world there also militia and guerrilla troops. Theese troops are not so strong against tanks, aircrafts and helicopters.

This units can recruit in all provinzes without a special building. If you lost your city you can mobilizate also in normal porvinzes

Militia: militia can conquer provinzes

no research
      costs 700 components, 1400 Manpower, 100 electrics 1000 Money
      daily upkeep: 50 supplies, 20 components, 50 fuel, 50 Money
      time: 1 day 12 h

attack: 1 against Infantry; 0,5 against tanks; 0,5 against buildings

defense: 2 against infantry; 0,5 against tanks; 0 against aircrafts 0,5 against helicopter

Terrain and speed like the normal infantry level 1
      Hitpoints: 10

Guerrilla: hidden unit

research costs: 1500 Supplies, 1000 rare materials; 1500 money from day 5
      costs 1000 components, 1200 Manpower, 150 electrics, 1100 Money
      daily upkeep: 70 supplies, 30 components, 50 fuel, 60 Money
      2 days 12 h

attack: 3,5 against Infantry; 0,5 against tanks; 0,5 against buildings

defense: 1 against infantry; 0,5 against tanks; 0 against aircrafts; 0,3 against helicopter

Terrain and speed like special forces level 1
      Hitpoints: 10
      „Morgen, ihr Luschen!“ --- „Morgen, Chef!“ (Ausbilder Schmidt alias Holger Müller bei der Arbeit)

The post was edited 2 times, last by Seele07 ().

• Thanks Seele, will take this into our backlog and see how it fits.

We got some ideas for new units but first want to balance the game out of beta before going there.

But Guerrillas and Militias are some good ideas which lend itself nicely to the scenario.

//Germanico
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • We had some early designs for this but due to the time of 6 months we had to postpone these ideas.
      Possibly we will pick them up later for a real feature update - cause they need special features to make them work new and interestingly.

//Germanico
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • militias I would not be so interested in, unless a very cheap unit to sue as a standing army. (especially on manpower, as the only defensive unit that has cheap mp atm is towed artillery, and they do not defend well without 2-3 infantry stuck to them besides, need atleast 3 towed arties to make a good enough impact)
      Guerrillas however, to use especially in rain forest type enviroments like how most of asia and brasil are, now that would be bloody amazing. Yeah great idea!
      - Give me a lever long enough, and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world -
    • The militia is the last possibility to conquer a province, if you lost your citys, because this unit you can mobilizate in all provinces.
      And if you dont conquer all provinzes of annother state, this state can mobilizate units against you.
      „Morgen, ihr Luschen!“ --- „Morgen, Chef!“ (Ausbilder Schmidt alias Holger Müller bei der Arbeit)
    • I wouldn't call it a ton - just the usual balancing issues any early online game has. This launch has gone very smooth so far.
      Having factions aka. Doctrines will ensure we never run out of balancing in the months ahead.
      That's actually part of the fun as a game designer...

//Germanico
    • I agree, fixing everything and have the game run a best as one can, then adding stuff, well it wont only make dev´s jobs easier, it will also help stabilize the player/customer pool. Then one can add new stuff and have it function 100% immediately with no haunting issues.
      - Give me a lever long enough, and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world -