Population Growth and other suggestions

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Population Growth and other suggestions

I think it would be fun if there was something to boost population growth specifically/more. I Just got nuked by a vengeful nation my coalition had almost wiped out and the hit to the economy of 4 of my 7 homeland cities going from population of 6 or 7 to 1 is pretty devastating long-term. With a little research I found hospitals provide a small growth boost. But I think it would be fun if there was some way to make it quicker. Just a thought. Guess now I know why to build bunkers, though isn't your capital supposed to have bunkers and mine was reduced below 2... bunker is gone now of course

Also, still think it would be good if the ocean segments adjacent to your territory had vision and automatic war if crossed, like real life territorial waters. Would help with sneak attacks. Even if you have Naval AWACS, there would be no automatic war and no real insight into what they have until they land.

One guy I've played a few games with (and has paid into the game) has said he's done because of the constant threat and need for being on basically every 2hrs or so all day to be safe. I think vision over the ocean would help with that. Obviously ICBMs would still be a problem, but it would help. His thought was that some games have idle periods? that would impair the intercontinental ability to play though.

The post was edited 1 time, last by AJitateD ().

• While hospitals help with growth of population its also important to keep in mind that lower levels of pop need less time to grow than higher levels, so you'll have them at 3 or 4 pretty fast.
      Also: you had no tds and got punished for it, i see no problem with that
      tho i'd love a feature to blockade ocean territory so units even neutral ones will be engaged automaticly
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • Re: TDS, yeah there is that problem, though it was day 15, and no nukes had been used. Honestly, I'm certain he rushed that with gold, which is of course perfectly legal and fair, but difficult to anticipate. It would have been difficult, if not impossible to have complete homeland coverage of TDS unless I had made that my top priority from the beginning. I've not seen much ICBM use, so it's not always a top priority. Maybe I'll change tact in future.

Also would love to see intel reports from the units, if say a UAV sees a unit that shows up in your intel report, so you could fly them over your nearby sea lanes and that could provide some warning.
    • AJitateD wrote:

I think it would be fun if there was something to boost population growth specifically/more. I Just got nuked by a vengeful nation my coalition had almost wiped out and the hit to the economy of 4 of my 7 homeland cities going from population of 6 or 7 to 1 is pretty devastating long-term. With a little research I found hospitals provide a small growth boost. But I think it would be fun if there was some way to make it quicker. Just a thought. Guess now I know why to build bunkers, though isn't your capital supposed to have bunkers and mine was reduced below 2... bunker is gone now of course

Also, still think it would be good if the ocean segments adjacent to your territory had vision and automatic war if crossed, like real life territorial waters. Would help with sneak attacks. Even if you have Naval AWACS, there would be no automatic war and no real insight into what they have until they land.

One guy I've played a few games with (and has paid into the game) has said he's done because of the constant threat and need for being on basically every 2hrs or so all day to be safe. I think vision over the ocean would help with that. Obviously ICBMs would still be a problem, but it would help. His thought was that some games have idle periods? that would impair the intercontinental ability to play though.
      I believe a lvl 5 hospital actually boosts population growth by 33%. Pricey of course, but perhaps a worthy consideration in late game. Also, is your friend playing normal games or 4x speed?
    • A lvl 5 hospital is good, but it takes ages and/or I guess lots of gold, but I'm not flush with cash atm I could look into it though I did buy some gold on sale. A level one only provides 5%. I guess I'm just impatient lol after having the 2nd largest economy and now seeing my resource output drop by 50-75% I want my production back! I wouldn't mind having to rebuild buildings to get it back, but with the population loss my economy is so weak it's hard to build more building anyways. But it could be worse, my teammate that had said this was his last game, even before the nuclear apocalypse was in the negative for awhile since he had invested gold in building an army to beat another gold spender (this is a very profitable game lol)

Playing regular speed games. Though he has been playing quite a few at the same time.

Also does anyone know if there was supposed to be a CON story about the USA building nuclear weapons? because I've seen that before and I saw on an old thread that it's supposed to happen, but I was wondering if there's a weird exception for real life nuclear powers?