Question about a strategy

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Question about a strategy

I have 3 questions.
      Have you ever seen some use multiple strike units to clear a small area deep in enemy territory, then uses airborne infantry to capture a couple plots. Then while the player builds an airfield, the player uses airborne infantry to defend the airfield. After the airfield is build, the player flies in as many infantry units as possible to force the enemy to fight a 2 front war. Have you ever seen that strategy used? I seems like a risky strategy, especially if the player chooses a bad locations with many enemy troops nearby. If they are unable to get troops in and the airfield is destroyed, it would be costly for the player.
      My second question is if you play a large country like Russia, is it advised to play more defensively? Because you need longer to train more units to defend the larger country.
      My third question is how to use strike fighter effectively. Do I need to train 5+ or 10+ units and then send them out in rapid succession? Cause at 4 damage to units or locations an attack, you would basically need an United States strategy, load as many fighters near your target(either with airfields or carriers) then do a continuous bombing campaigns, destroying everything in your paths, then uses infantry to capture the enemy while they are weak.
    • 1.) really not an advisable strategy, the airfield takes roughly 24h to build and can fly in units after 12, airborne infantry doesnt really do well defending an area, they'll be sitting ducks for the time protecting the airfield. Within these 12h it takes you to build the airfield to a usable point the enemy easily can send troops there, it seems more like a suicide mission than really anything else

2.) If you play a large nation like china, russia or usa you'll probably do best with making at least a few close countries your allies, so you'll have less border to worry about.
      Playing defensivly or more agressive is more a matter of style. For example if you play agressive as USA and take out Canada as potential threat really early on, thats one neighbour less to worry about.

3.) Dont underestimate strikefighters , especially a mixes stack with 3 normal sf and 2 naval sf can be pain to kill and deal quite some dmg, sure they'll take multiple attacks against larger stacks, but they're pretty fast and will take barely any defensive dmg (although you always have to watch out for sams). Strikefighters shine in the categories range and speed, choppers on the other side deal tons of dmg but are increadibly slow and have a pretty short range.
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • On Question 1:

I´ve seen Actions like this (and performes similar as well ;) )
      It might work and is often a try but you have to change your procedure a little.

- at first, radarscan the area in which you are planning your beachhead
      - maybe drop some specops there to get visual information
      - clear the area (usually with Helis or Strikers (in Theory also larger missiles might do the job)
      - move in Airborne (think about covering them with ASFs)
      - When the area is captured start building an airfield
      - also start moving in cover for your Airborne immediatly when the ground is taken
      - TowedArty is air assault capable and nice for that
      - SAMs and / or MAA is mandatory to sent because otherwise your airborne will be crushed wit aerial units

when the airfield is readym you can cinsider to move heavy troops or to continue your jumping.
      as sait, it might work, esp. i your enemy is unaware,
      If he gets MobArty or MRLS in range you are doomed, he wir outrange your towed.
      If he expects somthing like that he might shred you while shutteling in with asfs or stealth ;)
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Dorado Games
      DE - Team Lead
      Conflict of Nations

"That was not me, it was already broken!"
    • Fereyd wrote:

On Question 1:

It might work and is often a try but you have to change your procedure a little.

- clear the area (usually with Helis or Strikers (in Theory also larger missiles might do the job)
      - also start moving in cover for your Airborne immediatly when the ground is taken
      - SAMs and / or MAA is mandatory to sent because otherwise your airborne will be crushed wit aerial units

when the airfield is readym you can cinsider to move heavy troops or to continue your jumping.
      If he expects somthing like that he might shred you while shutteling in with asfs or stealth ;)
      Thank you for your response! I don't think I'll be in a position to try that though. I currently only have 1 air superiority squadron as long a one strike squadron currently being mobilized. I'm also playing as Russia, which is large and I'm working up a extremely large defense forces before attacking the nearby countries. Other than small AI countries, do you have any recommendations for the strategy to be used on near Russia? I was thinking about finland, since I hate having to defend the top of Russia(the little strip), which doesn't have any cities in it.
    • You would have to defend that airfield for 1/2 day plus before could fly in troops .. plus it only takes one air supp fighter to tke out airborne in air or any transports.

I have never had anyone use airborbne to signifigntly hurt me. and a few times guys used naval and airborne as normal troops
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • 2nd Question: I have never seen Russia win in any map ive been on and i have 6 wins (3 coalition and 3 solo) in 8 games (myanmar 1(WW3); syria 2 times (europe) ; Ethiopia 1 (mideast); India 1 (mideast). Other two games; 1st i didn't hve a clue and quit. only other complete game i played and did not win was Myanmar on WW3 map and had by far hd 2nd highest points nd cut a deal with other Big dog to let him just end game and win solo as like 5 us took down a $500 gold spender...lol

OK point is not to brag but all wins are small countries at start but strategically positioned and i like countries with cities in close proximity (syria on Med has 5 cities within a few hrs and turkey always attacks but only has 2 cities within a day march; then once beat turkey only 1 port to defend as only other wy in is through turkey and 2 day march). On small maps I choose a corner country with back to the wall.. limits early threats and may start off in lower 3rd of economies .. but make up quick. Myanmar on WW3 I like as has Mtn wall on north and WEst have tight cluster of cities water to protect to south; .. once beat or ally with thailand most early threats limited.

Russia is a nightmare to defend .. yeha start off with big force but cities are days away and you strt off worrying about 4 - 5 countries on border. Southern cities cant do much as take forever to get through mtns to south.

Same with USA .. You might start off ok but in WW3 map have automatic defend frome east/west/south (assumining beat canada).

China in WW3 about same as Russia

My advice go for strategic location and tight countries .. it aint flashy first few days the big dogs always go done eventually.

I want to try Cuba on Euro map as would be easy to defend via air/sea and then build to invade europe. but i like to play balanced game (air/land/sea) most go one dimensional which works early but fails in the end.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

• 3rd question:

Strike fighters are one of my preferred weapons but you just need to build and utilize proportianate as game goes. Early on pir with air supp fighters even 1 - 1 for two reasons (air protection from someone who has air supp fighters) and fter a while it helps shield damage from Strike. IF I am hitting an 2 Inf stack with 1 strike I get 2 HP damage hit with a 1 - 1 stack only 1 HP (once get enough strike dont care about air supp).

So as I build idealy have 2 air supp / 3 air strike or 1/4 ( cant stack above 5 without eff binus decrease). Also research upgrades are a key as get to level 4 and its 6 hpo ground and can hold own in air so a 1 - 4 stack can due 26 damage enough to take out an inf or tank (2 strikes).

Played a mid east map and this guy had level 7 strike nd those are bad ass in air and bombing.

Key things is with planes.. dont lose them. if have 4 stack and approaching 75 pct health send one back to heal and go to a 3 stack. I generally have 1 central airbase that I keep upgrading Hospital. Get a Lvl 3 host and ewach plane heals 4 HP a day... send 4 or 5 beat up birds back and basically get a free Plane in a day.

• Fereyd wrote:

On Question 1:

just q with day of game you count that player have it this evrything (almost i see finish game and seriously no posible have this evrything on this level ... )
    • of course this is a latergame scenario,
      but worldmaps allow longer play to try such a thing...

To boost speed, talk to your alllys, I didn´t say you have to invent everything on yourself...
      If you have a Chopperguy in your Coa, let him clear the landingzone.
      The Recon and ASF Guy will ensure that skies are free
      an Western guy can jump in to capture and en eastern guy might drop his SAMs same time,...

Cooperation in everything
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Dorado Games
      DE - Team Lead
      Conflict of Nations

• I personally play with SF and airborne almost in every game, where I play for "continental" country. Actually this tactic is mostly effective in early game exactly. I just dont develop and build units I dont need, so on day 5-6 I have ready forces for overwhelming attack against people, played with infantry, tanks, arty. In fact ASF only may stop this tactic in early game, but ASF isnt offensive unit and almost nobody build it in first days .
      This tactic allow smash any small/medium sized country within 5-6 hours in case your SF may reach all enemy core cities from your airbase prepared near border or you are lucky take workable airport in one of captured cities (capital for example).

I sow also lot of people playing same style. Of course this way required lot of online time (weekend ...) as any other effective air operations.
      Also manufacturing key is all units you need required same low level buildings so you no need build much. SF and airborne required 2 lvl airbase only, so from game starting I develop and build only SF, airborne (not much, I dont try hold cities with paratroopers, occupation only) and probably one wing of gunships in case I play for Eastern doctrine, some recons for cities holding.

All process same as Fereyd wrote, just little bit simplified for early game.
      - SF scan, find and destroy all enemy units
      - airborne take cleared core cities and return home (or take lands near cities if they are scanned & cleared)
      - recons run to captured cities and hold them (if recon's airborne is developed already is even better and faster)
      - if I need to build one more airbase to finish country I dont try hold cities near unconquered territory, just city where new airbase is under construction and where my SFs may kill all attackers.
      - also I simply ignore large stacks of enemy land units to avoid HP losses by SFs and jump over them to capture core cities. 99% of people left game after core cities destroying so such stacks might be destroyed later ...

The post was edited 2 times, last by Raf ().

• Fereyd wrote:

of course this is a latergame scenario,
      but worldmaps allow longer play to try such a thing...

To boost speed, talk to your alllys, I didn´t say you have to invent everything on yourself...
      If you have a Chopperguy in your Coa, let him clear the landingzone.
      The Recon and ASF Guy will ensure that skies are free
      an Western guy can jump in to capture and en eastern guy might drop his SAMs same time,...

Cooperation in everything
      seriously is not posible if you not play independence ... on normal+ on speed server (specialy on small map )
      how is write raf
      first stage motorized infatry and oficier make first atack stack for conqer one two nation prepare make gunship and oficier go for SF ... best is make navy SF not need any uprage long time and in future make posible go anywhery ... late make some arty and sams and radar and ship (most inaf frigate ) so your reseach what you write is way for loose to many invest in reseach and non have atack force ... for make strike its posible tactic from alince fight but not in public where is evrytime somebody make rush

almost when i work on arty radar and sams it game end - europa small map on normal most count with many tank that you must kill and infantry and yep somtime is there resistence realy lst time special on speed (non armagedon is o quick that nuke and arty si on or other or your way but when be prepared enemy is on your border and outnumber you by unit and economy
    • It is really hard to understand you.

I can promise you, there are games where both sides were able to complete several research trees.
      Maybe not on a flashpoint full auf newbies but in a game filled with players who know what they do, maps could reach that Time...
      Dorado Games
      DE - Team Lead
      Conflict of Nations

• i think that i know good public game ... like evry third win coaly ( and 70% by make this coaly in game most from not newbies but from player that his statistic say that win by coaly evry 10 -20 game and me evry ten solo ...

and most not with gold ... just yes i have premium from 3 game ... (and it make big impact on game becose build front is more powerfull than strategy most on non speed ... )

prntscr.com/owb1iu
      so realy your strategy is about 20 player with know how play that isnt not hapens many time in public so with evry respect your strategy is higher level than public game and it is realy good but if you must count that

flashpoint is almost finished about day 20-30(almost day 15 is there 8-10 active player most only 6 -just two coaly if invest in something another than basic and navy(flashpoint is almost about navy frigate and balistic submarime with conventional misile - you lost big Map yep most finished about day 50( half becose somebody want make some test about something like when conqer 60 % map yes it is time to make fun for coaly partnet or left him tested fight withnout help (and yes many time you must save him ass ...) i tested many strategy and realy best is make rush just on speed now must invest more time on start .. than before be internacional ...
    • jo vole moje anglictina je proste uplne na hovno ale advokat za tvoje zdravi z online her nebo ze ses smichy posral je tvuj problem

yeah dude my english is just total shit but the attorney for your health from online games or you laughed off is your problem

and realy i from old school i not like used fuck google translate