Restrictions for new players on WW3 maps

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Restrictions for new players on WW3 maps

Hi, guys. I suppose all of you mentioned that here is almost impossible start new WW3 scenario for one of big countries like US, Russia, Australia, China. All these countries always are busy by new players in few minutes after game starting. And I have never seen that any of these countries finished scenario. Real problem is all big countries are really difficult to play for new players and have lot of micro management. Would be good to restrict for new players such countries until some personal lvl. Its good for new players (they dont lost interest in game due to hard or boring starting ) and good for other players which can finally have chance take big country and have new part of fun and experience.
    • Restricting access to countries within a round just sounds like a stupid idea, especially since they'll play bad no matter the country.
      Selection of countries is on a first come first serve principle and if they manage to grab a big country then so be it. imo its more better for them since ppl tend to be scares if bigger countries. From my expierience at least 2 or 3 of the bigger countries make it to late game, usually like china/india/brazil and sometimes australia
      Tbh it sounds to me more like you're just frustrated that you've not gotten to pick one yourself
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • I have to disagree with the original post. I think that restricting new players to smaller countries that start out with a distinct economic and military advantage and where they will most likely be swallowed up by more experienced players with stronger countries can only serve to discourage new players. Additionally, it may make it difficult for even promising new players to learn how to play the game. Currently, I'm most likely to choose smaller countries because they are more challenging. However, when I think back on the things that I've learned through playing, I believe that the vast majority of what I've learned has come from playing larger countries.

I agree with Teburu that it sounds to me like you're frustrated that you have had trouble getting larger, stronger countries, and you're putting a bit of a spin on it to make it more likely. If we're being honest, though, the fairest thing to do is to leave it as it is. If we're talking about a pairing of experience and country strength, though, take a look at the two models below and consider which one truly makes for the best game for everyone playing:

Model 1: Experienced players have stronger countries while inexperienced players have weaker countries.

Model 2: Experienced players start with weaker countries while inexperienced players start with stronger countries.

Obviously, Model 2 works out better for everyone in the end. If you're an experienced player, you are better able to overcome the challenges that come with smaller countries. Plus, if the inexperienced players have the strong starting countries and don't know what they are doing, it gives the experienced players a fair chance to build up the weaker countries they started with.
    • > PerigeeNil

I may post some logical arguments:

- big countries (like USA, Russia, Australia, China) are not "stronger" then other in fact, cose 1) they shall defend cities around huge distances, 2) their inner "operations" lines are huge, even air traveling between 2 sides of such countries takes whole day and land traveling is impossible in fact (for example in Russia from STP to Vladivostok is 3-4 days), 3) Russia and China have huge amount of borders with huge amount of countries so have huge amount of potential invaders
      - all above troubles with big countries management make them "too difficult" for new players, they just cant choice right strategy, also game is boring for new players cose they dont know what to do, cant concentrate forces for active gaming and cant defend against "compact" countries, which are very strong in small region.
      - from other side such gaming might be interesting for experienced player, who already played for lot of other countries and just need "new fun" playing for new one country with new strategy

All above just make restriction in fact beneficial for both sides, new players no need start with too difficult and boring game and may have first fun in fast active gaming, old players are able keep their interest in game having ability try new type of gaming.

* Also there is wrong opinion that final result decisively depended from resources or country ... diplomacy and alliances always dominated in this game.
    • Raf wrote:

All above just make restriction in fact beneficial for both sides, new players no need start with too difficult and boring game and may have first fun in fast active gaming, old players are able keep their interest in game having ability try new type of gaming.
      Thats... why new players are put into a small flashpoint map and not a WW3 ^^
      Restricting access to countries just doesnt fit with the f2p model of the game, which is all about easy access
      If you want a big country, then you should be fast...
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • Teburu wrote:

Thats... why new players are put into a small flashpoint map and not a WW3 ^^ Restricting access to countries just doesnt fit with the f2p model of the game, which is all about easy access
      If you want a big country, then you should be fast...
      I agree that restriction isnt best way in any aspect of game, just wanted to take attention for this problem. Game here dont take 1-2 days.
      Devs may invent any other decision , for example messages in premium pack when new map started or any type of "pre-registration".
      From other side I personally dont like to see in each and every game, that "big" countries not only in winners, but even arent active after first few days of game.
    • >Raf

I do agree that large countries like the US, China, Russia, etc. could be difficult for a new player to figure out how to manage and that the large distances those countries cover can sometimes make it difficult for some players to figure out how to defend them. I don't disagree with you on that at all.

That being said, I think "over-abundance" (of cities, land, resources, etc) is an entirely better problem for a new player to have than, for instance, to start out with three or four cities and to have to figure out how to get those resources they cannot yet produce while the "wolves" (more experienced players with larger countries) are at the door waiting to gobble up the new player's small, poor country.
    • Before restricting countries to newer players (which i do agree with, to some extent), the Flashpoint for beginners should already be restricted to... beginners

each Beginner flashpoint i check nowadays always has one or two "predators" that should be ashamed of even considering joining such a map.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • PerigeeNil wrote:

In defense of that, I'm rank 31 now (I think), and the very first game I joined (Flashpoint, obviously) is still active. So, if you checked my FP map, you might see me in there and think I was a predator.
      No, i know very well what kind of player i think of when i think of the term "predator", and you don't fall in it, at least as long as you don't join nearly exclusively FP maps, targeting the ones full with Rank 1 :D
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Opulon wrote:

Before restricting countries to newer players (which i do agree with, to some extent), the Flashpoint for beginners should already be restricted to... beginners

each Beginner flashpoint i check nowadays always has one or two "predators" that should be ashamed of even considering joining such a map.
      I consider myself the predator hunting the predators in Flashpoint games... ;)
      Latest victim is still stalking me in other games...
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.