Unit kill count

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Unfortunately what seems a little issue is a big problem codewise: Units are basically "recreated" once they are merged or upgraded. Hence the reset.
      This said we have had this on our plates since Vanilla - so yes - even we devs would love to retain both kills as well as the unit names (eg 7th Inf Battalion no matter how many infantry you move into or out of the stack).

//G
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • an potential easier solution for that (and maybe more elegant) may be to only keep the kill count of groups "large enough" (stack of 10 ground / 5 air / 5 sea) to be designated as "armies", or "fleets" (or air fleets).

Big groups have ID that change less than individual units, for obvious reasons. It may be easier to track kill count for those big groups. Units inside die, are upgraded, are moved/separated, but the big group remains more stable

Related Design idea : i know that "experience" was something desired but not implemented down the line for various reasons. Such "stable ID" big groups could be used for that, in theory.

Second related Design idea : We know that an "Army manager UI" is something desired by everyone in fhe future. I now image a small button on the top right of the group picture (on the bottom ui bar) : "Designate BattleGroup", to pinpoint groups :D
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Eulogi wrote:

Hi!,

Love the game. I also love seeing how many enemies a particular army has killed. Is it possible to stop the kill count from resetting every time the unit is upgraded? It is a small thing to adjust and would really be awesome.

Thanks
      Its the same at work, your paygrade will become higher the longer you work at the same Company i dont see the problem tbh.