provine naming

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• provine naming

i have been searching the towns provinces are named after in several countries now and it have come into my notice the a lot of those provinces are named are tiny insignificant villages instead of major towns and cities in the area.
      so my question is, why?
      A Third War Approaches, and the Strong Will Rise from the Corpses.
      A New Order... CHAOS
    • *all examples from overkill map*
      *i talk only about provinces and i understand towns are built into the game strategically and not based of population*
      examples:
      1. the city of smolensk which consists of about 300k people in real life is in a province named after a village named "kirov" which i wasn't able to find info about
      2.the city lyon which is the second largest city in france is not represented at all on the map even as a province and in its place is a commune called "chalon-sur-saone" which again i wasn't been able to find info about
      3.a city called cagliari in sardegna which consists of 0.5 million people including its countryside is in a province named after a town called "Olbia"
      which is only 51k people

there are plenty more examples of smaller ratios or examples i simply didn't find that if needed i can search for tomorrow
      A New Order... CHAOS

The post was edited 2 times, last by Hollow Light ().

• Martijn wrote:

why=other whise devs needs to make a lot of provinces for every big city

i like how they did it i should make an big problem about it because you will get an Fucked up map if you do major towns provinces ......
      my topic is only about the naming and i don't want to have a province for every town and city too
      A New Order... CHAOS