SPECIAL EVENT WEEKEND: RISING TIDES

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• SPECIAL EVENT WEEKEND: RISING TIDES

+ + + + WEEKEND EVENT + + + +

STARTING NOW. RISING TIDES MAPS WILL BE GENERATED OVER THE WEEKEND.

The new map introduces new mechanics that shift the status quo on the battlefield. It is very important that you look at the map-specific rules if you intend on winning in this map.

Read about the new Rising Tides mechanics here!

We aim to provide you with a unique strategy game found no where else, pushing the limits of our in-house game engine and toolsets.

New Map - Rising Tides
    • A brand new dystopian map set in the not too distant future, featuring:
      • Strategic Sites - Buildings which account for 1000 VP to those who capture and hold
      • Complexes & Shielded Complexes - Cities which can be shielded if the criteria are met
      • Rising Tides & Sea channels/Inland seas - New Sea channels and shores change the way you plan and strategize in your local area
      • Dead zones - Quarantined zones which cannot be traversed and do not offer resources
      • Antarctic continent - The Antarctic gives proves to be a useful base of operations, out of reach in the early game
      • 128 Playable nations - New potential hotspots in North America, South America, and the East
      • Special starting Unit setup: All nations start with Level 5 Motorized Infantry, Air Superiority Fighter, and Combat Recon Vehicle units to use from game start
      • The Chosen: A post-modern Insurgent faction with upgraded equipment and reinvigorated initiative
        • New Unit: Enforcer
          • Superior Anti Fixed Wing, Anti Rotary Wing, and Anti Armor damage
          • Stealth

//Your CoN Team
    Dorado Games
    Conflict Of Nations

• I played on this map and now I recommend players of my alliance not to play on this map.

128 countries with many countries with 3-4 cities each, without nationalization - death, 128 players from which there will be several donators who will destroy everything, and you won’t be able to seize territory, because rebels even destroy armored vehicles and you’ll just be stuck in your development at the beginning of the party, because you will not have enough resources for war and city protection.

Without a team on this map, are death. With the team you need to score 8150 points and what is the use of these cities with domes? Nothing.

The games will end in the fact that you simply cannot develop in order to repulse a player who pours gold and quickly grabs the obelisks and ends the game.
  • SOKOL wrote:

I played on this map and now I recommend players of my alliance not to play on this map.

128 countries with many countries with 3-4 cities each, without nationalization - death, 128 players from which there will be several donators who will destroy everything, and you won’t be able to seize territory, because rebels even destroy armored vehicles and you’ll just be stuck in your development at the beginning of the party, because you will not have enough resources for war and city protection.

Without a team on this map, are death. With the team you need to score 8150 points and what is the use of these cities with domes? Nothing.

The games will end in the fact that you simply cannot develop in order to repulse a player who pours gold and quickly grabs the obelisks and ends the game.

.....did someone already get destroyed on day 3? :rolleyes: :D
  • Hi,
    the high lvl starting Units seem to encourage some Players to try an early rush.
    (not to mention, that everyone has them, so rushing has limitied success)

I started two RT Maps, on onme I´m a little struggeling. I choose Iraq and learned, that it is a segmented country with a Sea inbetween,... Saudi tried a lucky shot, wasted some units, but stimm i´m struggeling to beat him,...
    (I found friends so he will be toast on the longrun)
    Nevertheless he did much damage to me, so we will see how this map evolves.

On the second map i choose belarus (save pick in Flashpoint and World Maps)
    Until now it works good.

I like the new map for its completely new structure.
    Navy and marines might get a massive importance,... I also thinking about building the amphibious tank,... ^^

Yes, the map has Micronations,... I will make a list of them for me, to choose them only if i want to be beaten and gangraped or if im in the mood of massivespending ;)

Time will show how the Artifacts behave. also the protected cities i have to collect some experience with to tell if i like the feature.
    ATM it looks cool so i like it :)

For me at the moment im loving this map. :)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Dorado Games
    DE - Team Lead
    Conflict of Nations

"That was not me, it was already broken!"
  • SOKOL wrote:

In this game CON, no player has ever destroyed me, for all my games. I go to the game now in 2nd place, after the player who uses you know what. I won’t lose in this game either, but I’m disappointed in this new regime
    - In every 128 people scenario is big chance to see unstoppable "heaven help" users, of course such chance is more higher if scenario is new just because all have interest to try something new.
    - playable micro nations with 3-4 cities are really mistake here, need change this or invent new one status for such countries (for example "neutral" with huge morale penalty for attackers ; or "additional ally" status with ability take such countries in alliances over 5 maximum)

+ of course fast expansions ability is restricted in this scenario, but this is not minus, just new reality and new strategy.

+ map is excellent in fact, its in same time is "old earth" map and really absolutely new (except several countries), just "navy" paradise :)

The post was edited 3 times, last by Raf ().

• Raf wrote:

Its strange that you exactly just mentioned that "gold rushers" existed in this game :) I supposed you played long time enough to mention this earlier :)
    On ordinary maps, there is a simple tactic for destroying the "golden boys", how to do this on this map, when they have the opportunity to quickly capture obelisks and when you are stuck on the rebels - I do not know.
  • To me it sounds just like standard gold-flaming.
    Actually we just released a map that offers thousands of gold as reward for winning - but hey, it's just about gold spenders... Yeah. No it's not. We made a new map based on our Overkill map experiences and sure, we will balance it more - of course.

So valid criticism and good ideas welcome. Gold whining not so much.
    "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
  • but still need defend this 1000 point ... and i think that is not 5 this area so for solo you may conqer some ...but its about strategy easy make 1000 and try quick capture in one moment evry this place why not about nation with for citi yes its bullshit that exist ... but easy one time play and you know with nation dont take in next game
  • It's not bullshit. It simulates the battle for key resources and locations in a dystopian future.

Players need to own 4 of the 5 technology centers plus the regular points. Defending against other coalitions is part of the plan.

If you don't like the mode play standard - we aren't forcing anyone... ;)
    "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
  • its bullshit (have less than 5 cities )becose ist make so much big strike on economy that this nation feel after some day .. specialy if resource citi with left is not near posible to conqer and still anexation make only 50% ... to mine this resource

and germanico try read concept not only one word becose i write just bullshit about make again gold mine nation ...
  • 3 city countries defend interestingly well against early rushers due to the starting lvl 5 units, but in the long run, they are indeed doomed to be cattle.

4 cities are playable, though.
    Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.