Game lying to me

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Game lying to me

Game # 2,835,818

I received the following LIE from the game - Lying game.jpgDay 3 01:40:12 In Game message: Population Level raised. Population level increased to 4 in Azores.

Yet on the map it still shows (3), when open the city box, it shows population at 3.2

Attached is a screen shot with a cut and paste overlay of the city box so you can see all relevant info at once: City and size, Message, city box report of size.

PLEASE EXPLAIN
    *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
    The KING of CoN News!!!
    The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
  • Yak wrote:

I've passed it to QA. Could be a rounding issue :)
    Interesting, so you are saying that either:
    1 Every other time I got that message and it appeared true was coincidental because of this rounding algorithm, but I just didn't notice
    2 The game is the only program in the World that rounds 3.2 up to 4

Real curious to hear what they say.

I think I should be compensated with some gold for being lied to ... ;)
    The KING of CoN News!!!
    The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

• Teburu wrote:

If we'd get gold for every bug reported some of us would be millionaires :D
    Well, it's not just a bug, it's also a LIE.
    The KING of CoN News!!!

• Well if this is your greatest issue with CON then be happy with it...I never really cared for the # of population in a city...it matters not (really).

In my opinion this message can disappear completly from the log as it is spamming it and you lose the focus on important points (like battles)
    @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
  • I think all your posts should be removed as spoiled spam. Who appointed you the authority on what is and what is not important?
    The KING of CoN News!!!

• Dealer of Death wrote:

I think all your posts should be removed as spoiled spam. Who appointed you the authority on what is and what is not important?
    Well tell me what information I have spoiled...

And no one needs to appoint or grant my any authority...I have a freedom of speech...and a free mind....most of the time I use it.
    If you dont like my opinion we can argue about the facts...I love to argue about facts.
    @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
  • Germanico wrote:

Okay @Dealer of Death, calm down.

Games don't lie. They give you a number and this number can be right or wrong.

So please refrain from claiming lies and other issues when it isn't even proven to be a bug.

Thank you

//G
    OK, it's OK for someone to diss me by saying my issue is not important, but only their focus is but not OK for me to respond rather mildy back???

And I must disagree about lies. Something is either true or a lie, if the number given is wrong, it's a lie. Plus I'm not really that "upset" about the issue, but really, really want to know WHY it occurred.
    BTW, it happened again, Azores grew to size 4, this time for real ;)
    -
    azores2.jpgazores2.jpgazores2.jpg

chucullain wrote:

I agree with Germanico...Civility and decorum please... There is no call for rudeness.
    The KING of CoN News!!!

• chucullain wrote:

I agree with Germanico...Civility and decorum please... There is no call for rudeness.
    In my opinion, I didn't start any rudeness, merely replied in kind. I am very into programming logic and am very curious why this occurred, suggesting my interests are irrelevant is rude to me.
    The KING of CoN News!!!

• kurtvonstein wrote:

Dealer of Death wrote:

I think all your posts should be removed as spoiled spam. Who appointed you the authority on what is and what is not important?
    Well tell me what information I have spoiled...
    And no one needs to appoint or grant my any authority...I have a freedom of speech...and a free mind....most of the time I use it.
    If you dont like my opinion we can argue about the facts...I love to argue about facts.
    I just resent the fact you deeming my issue to be unimportant because it isn't important to YOU. If it wasn't important to you, why chime in at all, other than to be nasty?
    The KING of CoN News!!!

• Martijn wrote:

Dealer Calm down Germanico is one of the Devs we need to have Respect for them they created this Beauty of an game for us
    DUDE! Seriously, I am calm, I know who Germanico is and respect him. Calm down? It's not like I'm calling people names or flipping out on them, just when someone is rude to me like the non Mod was earlier, I will respond likewise.

Why do you think I'm jumping up and down foaming at the mouth?
    The KING of CoN News!!!

• This thread reminds me of when I was a teenager, and my older brother would come into our room all bewildered looking. I'd ask him what's wrong and he'd say Dad just told me not to get all bent out of shape, but the only thing getting me bent out of shape, is him saying I'm getting bent out of shape.

I finally know how he felt.
    The KING of CoN News!!!