My Late Game is Weak

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• My Late Game is Weak

Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of specifics to start with, but I am happy to answer questions to clarify. I'm finding that somewhere around Day 30, my game really falls off. I'm always strong early and generally spend the first 30 days or so making my way into and staying in the top of the VP rankings. I think I expand pretty well, and I defend relatively well early. I may spread myself too thin at times, but I am always aware of it, and I try not to. Around Day 30, though, it seems that I begin to plateau and other countries begin to catch up. I'm rational enough to know that they're doing something that's better preparing them for that point in the game than I am, but I can't tell what it is. There have even been a few games in which I was in a really dominant position at around that time and probably should have been able to roll right on through, but I just stalled out.

Do any of you more experienced players have any idea what it is that I might be doing wrong or not doing right? I'm upgrading my units and developing technologies, so it's not that I'm still trying to rule the world on Day 30 with Level 1 Motorized Infantry. Does any one have any other guesses?
    • Can't really tell with so little information to go on but the biggest mistakes i see ppl make are usually:
      - leveling inf to max; youre basically occupying a research slot for a unit which task is capturing and being sacrificed if needed
      - only having one or two unit types
      - not preparing for what other people might bring
      - stockpiling ressources that could be converted into units
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • Right, so I've been trying to figure out the balance of number and nature of unit types, and I'm struggling to nail it down. It seem like If I build helos, there's someone out there who spent their entire game building AA guns and air superiority fighters. If I build armor, there's someone who built nothing but tank killers. I try to have well-rounded forces, but you can't have a strong collection of everything, you know? So I try to pair what I think are complementary units, but I always seem to fall short somewhere.

Honestly, more often than unit type, the problem is number of units. In a game I posted about a few days ago, I was one step ahead of my enemies on unit types the entire time; I really had the match-ups all figured out and my ratios were through the roof. Then this other country shows up with hundreds and hundreds of stacked units. What?! I thought I had a decent sized force, and I had by far the strongest economy, so how is this person's military outnumbering me 4 or 5 to 1? I am a security council member, so I have my cities continuously producing, even when I'm asleep. I am almost always fighting, but my kill/death ratios are really high. I'm not sure how else to build up forces like that. I'm not really using my hospitals effectively, so that might be the difference?

The post was edited 1 time, last by PerigeeNil ().

• I'm maybe also not effectively transitioning from "early game units" to "late game units" if that's a thing. I use a lot of helos, for instance. I think they're great in the early game. The limited range makes them less effective later, when we're trying to fight across continents. I never really effectively transition to stacks of bombers or stealth aircraft or rocket launchers or missiles, etc. Do you think's the problem? Should I have a more pronounced evolution from "early game units" to "late game units". That does seem to make sense, but then I also know that I'm never really getting beaten by a lot of stealth aircraft or rocket launchers or missiles.

My games, when I lose, it's because I was invaded by multiple huge stacks of early game units, and I'm like, "How did they build and retain all of those?!"
    • Overall late game just is boring ... to many units, too many micromanagement.
      Also best way to win game is always good alliance, you cant stay alone or with passive allies against group of active people, even they have average experience. So diplomacy is a key to victory, not units and tactic.

Regarding units for late game as per my experience:
      - lot of SAM
      - some TDS
      - artillery. Best MLRS, it helps against huge stacks and against skilled ppl, covered their forces by strong anti air units.
      - AWACS are obligate to plan ops.

All other are same as in early/middle game:
      Strike fighters, fighters, some choppers, paratroopers

Usually I dont build tanks or any other armors at all, except recons with development till air mobility. I dont build infantry almost at all and dont develop it to high level, usually initial infantry I have at start of game is enoough for whole game.

Highly developed shall be : SAM, AWACS, fighters, arty.

Of course all above is my personal choice only and for my gaming style.
    • Andilek7319 wrote:

problem is dominate in game from start not from day 30

raf from time when motorized have range fire is not good LEFT IT on level II ----
      Ranged infantry is comfortable to clear lands from insurgents and inactive players (in case you have premium account), but totally useless against active players.
      Doubt is worth spent so many time and resources for unit playable against boots.
    • try easy stack 9 infatry on max + officier and you have wery quik move range unit with easy atack about 60-70 dmg with have suport on conqer and how you write again rogue but is wery useles again active player or isd posible used like shield for artilery stack with again have range atack so when you find target with havent artilery you may easy run like artilery move strike move strike normal stack dont catch you becose officier make this stack wery quick and about spend resource is wery quick posibility make strong range weapon when almost have some basic level of unit ( if reseach more type of unit ) so its not evry time about how you play but about how play enemy ... :thumbsup:

by the way this close range artilery havent posibility giv status agresive so about clear inactivite and rogue still must make manualy :rolleyes: