nuclear splash damage

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• nuclear splash damage

anyone else noticed it doesnt actually work? firts time i noticed when i was attacked by a nuclear warhead, 30 secs before the impact i ordered my units move from the centre of the city and the warhead didnt scratch them and second time now when i sent a warhead to the centre of province a second after it was captured, flight 7 mins so his units were still deep in the province yet again no damage dealt
    • was a nucler warhead shot from ballistic missile launcher lvl 3, i also reported it in game and got this response from Luca so your people have an idea about that already "Thank you for your report. This bug is a known issue and we have pushed it to our devs to find a fix for it. We will try to release a fix for it as soon as possible."
    • Mak wrote:

but AA will also die in this scenario while trading the damage with the 2nd nuke, wont it? so if 3 nukes are launched each with some minutes delay, theres no defense against the 3rd one
      no, defense value is applied to each unit attacking, so if the AA has a in total a higher dmg value than the missile hp, the missile wont even scratch the AA because defender deals dmg first
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • I would NOT bet on SAMs - rather Theater Defense Systems. SAMs are not primarily meant to defeat missiles.
      Please also note that they have a cooldown after firing - opening a gap in your defenses - so you need to layer them.
      In a nutshell: you will NEVER be 100% safe from attack, and that is a deliberate and devious design decision by your friendly game designers (like myself).

//G
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • So the 5.5 dmg dealt is not guaranteed? Is the total damage dealt not guaranteed, or the defense trigger not guaranteed?

In the center of a city - 2 TDS units lvl 5 and 2 SAM lvl 6 total missile damage 41 HP. This is does not guarantee protection by a direct hit by a max level ICBM?
      If it looks stupid but it works, it isn't stupid.

If it looks stupid, it works, and it is also dangerous as hell, it is Russian.

• Anikitos wrote:

So the 5.5 dmg dealt is not guaranteed? Is the total damage dealt not guaranteed, or the defense trigger not guaranteed?

In the center of a city - 2 TDS units lvl 5 and 2 SAM lvl 6 total missile damage 41 HP. This is does not guarantee protection by a direct hit by a max level ICBM?

Germanico wrote:

I would NOT bet on SAMs - rather Theater Defense Systems. SAMs are not primarily meant to defeat missiles.
      Please also note that they have a cooldown after firing - opening a gap in your defenses - so you need to layer them.
      In a nutshell: you will NEVER be 100% safe from attack, and that is a deliberate and devious design decision by your friendly game designers (like myself).

//G
      pointdefense is the gurantee you're looking for wiki.conflictnations.com/Combat#Point_Defense
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • I completely understand point defense. and that both TDS and SAM have a reload time of 10 min, if they are defending units that are not part of their stack but those that fall within defensive umbrella radius.

What i was asking is this:

If I have 2 TDS (lvl 5) and 2 SAM (lvl 6) in a stack for a total of 41 HP damage to a missile. If any missile coming in at them directly, this 41 total points should in theory destroy max ICBM which has HP of 40, no matter how many are launched within say, a short period of time of 10 min? Am I correct? I am confused on to why you have said that the SAM is not a guaranteed 5.5 damage?

Is it not guaranteed to deal 5.5 damage as a point defense, or is it not guaranteed to deal 5.5 within defense radius because of the reload time?

Or perhaps the 5.5 points shown in stats is a max value dealt, and it is possible that both SAM and TDS will deal some calculated percentage of the max damage, like other units in the game do?

Just want to clarify where the possible hole in air defense might be when it comes to mechanics of the game.

And just to make this long post even more complicated and annoying for the moderator, how is the splash damage calculated?

Example - An opponent has enough TDS and SAM in a city stacked to defend from point attack, I launch a triggering warhead to a province center within 50km radius, lets say a conventional missile, within minute I launch another, but this time its a NUKE with 75 splash damage, which should hit the province at this point, since the TDS and SAM are on a cooldown. This splash damage would deal some damage to the TDS and SAM in the city? How much damage could I expect to deal? IF Damage is dealt that way, the opponents point defense would be weakened, and no longer provide enough HP damage to counteract 3rd ICBM which should then wipe the city.

So, is the TDS and SAM damage in the stats guaranteed or is it a ratio of wellness of a unit? How much does splash damage deal? Is the splash damage proportional to the distance from ground zero?

Thank you in advance for any help with my questions.
      If it looks stupid but it works, it isn't stupid.

If it looks stupid, it works, and it is also dangerous as hell, it is Russian.