Does constructing military logistics make a difference?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Does constructing military logistics make a difference?

Who makes use of this? I see it could make a big difference in mountainous regions where it takes forever for units to travel through, losing crucial time, especially in the early stages of a game when you need to land grab fast.

But for you that use it, does this work significantly in actual practice?
    • expensive in later make airport to move unit usable only in wery dangerous situation or in invade when is price not resource but TIME or die ...

so never used again in homeland specialy like defensive post just wery wery rare
    • I can say out of experience that moving two times quicker without forced march than your opponent can in forced march... is a decisive advantage when it comes to ruling :

1°) Who manages to shoot first in the hit&run dance.
      2°) The odds of getting a retaliation shot.
      3°) Dynamic targeting of counter-flanking

It's actually the only workable counter i have, ground based, against entrenched (outpost 3) artillery in mountains. If you move in plains at 4.5 speed (logistics + forced march), a ludicrous speed for ground troop, you have an movement window of 45 seconds where he needs 5 minutes to cover the same area.

You absolutely dominate the dance of hit&run in that situation : the guy is doomed to remain vigilant as long as you want to play the "shock cavalry" game. (Historically, shock cavalry would mock charge 19 times out of 20).

It's as simple as that : you need to check every 5 minutes that things are alright, he needs to check every 45 seconds. This is tiring for the brain, and in this situation, often forces the smart player to move.

Now, logistics as an way of moving troops around ? Hmm... not that interesting in early... okay in mid... and in late, you can consider it to make "provinces citadel". After all, who likes to make citadels in cities, where bunkers are highly priced and your artillery moves like slugs.

This said, if Ross proposes to increase EVEN more the speed logistics provides, i can't be against, most people can't handle logistics-based hit&run anyway, so... a bit more, or a bit less :D
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • For me logistics are super important, even outside of hit and runs.

For example I can use logistics to cover more area with my AA. My SAMs and TDS can be quickly moved around without losing their AA capabilities, thus covering many more cities/area by moving where an air attack / missile strike is under way.

Furthermore its really nice to be able to quickly rotate the troops along the frontline.
    • how i say usable just in cause when price is not resource but time and defend isnt about time its about not be weak ..and dont left enemy come in door ... to somebody strike and run first you must capture this land built strukture if count that is subject for capacity move unit yes it is some like not reseach unit with have airlift like last reseach in day 50 .. :thumbsup:
    • I used to think was a waste but found usefull early ony to buid rds between cities to defend or a "highway" to the front if have to move armour long distances. It makes a big differences if can move troops in 50 pct less time.

For instance a lot of time play mayanmar on WW3 map and may need tanks in mid east after taking India; I prefer to keep troops on ground than risk at sea on a 15 hr cruise. Building the fastest path with Logistics gets there in about same time with flexibility to redirect troops nd dont have to worry about transports ambushed.

Start with biggest bang for buck on the longest stretches of rd traveling and fill in as go.

And actually cheaper faster (3 hrs) to speed up within homeland cities and main threat border till you can get multiple airbases at all cities which may take days. On Europe map I generally play with Syria which has 5 small but tightly closed cities and can easliy beat Turkey everytime with help of logistics as I can move troops to front way faster than his dispersed cities in the mtns. So even though its a David (7 cities ) vs 5 Cities win everytime based on speed of movement.

Heck one game beat Greece and Turkey who both attacked me day #1 at once as only 1 port city Greece to come into and Turkey troops generally come through 1 of 2 passes (countries normally attack on fastest path) so getting to port to keep greece out and to the turkey border passes and keep pushing front faster via logistics
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp

The post was edited 2 times, last by The Pale Rider ().

• Buckeyechamp wrote:

I used to think was a waste but found usefull early ony to buid rds between cities to defend or a "highway" to the front if have to move armour long distances. It makes a big differences if can move troops in 50 pct less time.

For instance a lot of time play mayanmar on WW3 map and may need tanks in mid east after taking India; I prefer to keep troops on ground than risk at sea on a 15 hr cruise. Building the fastest path with Logistics gets there in about same time with flexibility to redirect troops nd dont have to worry about transports ambushed.

Start with biggest bang for buck on the longest stretches of rd traveling and fill in as go.

And actually cheaper faster (3 hrs) to speed up within homeland cities and main threat border till you can get multiple airbases at all cities which may take days. On Europe map I generally play with Syria which has 5 small but tightly closed cities and can easliy beat Turkey everytime with help of logistics as I can move troops to front way faster than his dispersed cities in the mtns. So even though its a David (7 cities ) vs 5 Cities win everytime based on speed of movement.

Heck one game beat Greece and Turkey who both attacked me day #1 at once as only 1 port city Greece to come into and Turkey troops generally come through 1 of 2 passes (countries normally attack on fastest path) so getting to port to keep greece out and to the turkey border passes and keep pushing front faster via logistics
      build this is realy waste resource if some resource in ship ...
    • Buckeyechamp wrote:

I used to think was a waste but found usefull early ony to buid rds between cities to defend or a "highway" to the front if have to move armour long distances. It makes a big differences if can move troops in 50 pct less time.

I was surprised at this answer coming from you, I just assumed you would have sailed your armor surrounded by your 50,000 frigates.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • Mc_Johnsen wrote:

For me logistics are super important, even outside of hit and runs.

For example I can use logistics to cover more area with my AA. My SAMs and TDS can be quickly moved around without losing their AA capabilities, thus covering many more cities/area by moving where an air attack / missile strike is under way.

Furthermore its really nice to be able to quickly rotate the troops along the frontline.
      Yep it's excellent for SAM's and Artillery!
    • Opulon wrote:

I can say out of experience that moving two times quicker without forced march than your opponent can in forced march... is a decisive advantage when it comes to ruling :

1°) Who manages to shoot first in the hit&run dance.
      2°) The odds of getting a retaliation shot.
      3°) Dynamic targeting of counter-flanking

It's actually the only workable counter i have, ground based, against entrenched (outpost 3) artillery in mountains. If you move in plains at 4.5 speed (logistics + forced march), a ludicrous speed for ground troop, you have an movement window of 45 seconds where he needs 5 minutes to cover the same area.

You absolutely dominate the dance of hit&run in that situation : the guy is doomed to remain vigilant as long as you want to play the "shock cavalry" game. (Historically, shock cavalry would mock charge 19 times out of 20).

It's as simple as that : you need to check every 5 minutes that things are alright, he needs to check every 45 seconds. This is tiring for the brain, and in this situation, often forces the smart player to move.

Now, logistics as an way of moving troops around ? Hmm... not that interesting in early... okay in mid... and in late, you can consider it to make "provinces citadel". After all, who likes to make citadels in cities, where bunkers are highly priced and your artillery moves like slugs.

This said, if Ross proposes to increase EVEN more the speed logistics provides, i can't be against, most people can't handle logistics-based hit&run anyway, so... a bit more, or a bit less :D
      Question. I never had an opponent that was so smart. But woudl your hit and run also work if I set my Artillery on Return fire? or woudl you still get a hit and run window?
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • The server isn't that quick. And the return fire option is more a "if" triggers.

Every server tick check

Normal : "Are we moving ?" "no" "Is this unit in range ?" "yes" "FIRE"
      Return Fire : "Is this unit in range ?" "yes" . "is it firing on me ?" "yes" "Fire"
      Aggressive mode : "Is this unit in range ?" "yes" "STOP MOVING AND FIRE"

There are two cases, though.

If it's a move that "opens a war", the server, for a reason i ignore (maybe change of diplo stance), seems to refresh immediatly so... it's very rare i manage to "surprise attack through hit&run". I need to be sure i declared war before and let some room for the server to do its thing.

Outside of this case, As long as you are "out" the range in a few seconds, you can escape both of those fire behaviour. It's why having a huge speed advantage tends to be decisive. With a 4,5 speed, you are out of the "jump ranged attacked" in a blink.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • kurtvonstein wrote:

if this is the case then this should be nerfed. its gives super active players a huge advantage..but i think we had this discussion already somewhere...
      I agree. This had been happening to me with Elite Subs too.. Unless you are literally online 24/7 they can easily jump in and out of range and destroy your Navy.

I support that the game should encourage activity, but not to the point where being active = Getting to take free shots at the sleeping enemy