Can you Really compete on Rising Tides with 3 Homeland cities? If so tips

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Can you Really compete on Rising Tides with 3 Homeland cities? If so tips

I joined out of curiosity and map was mostly full so got nicaragua. In 1 day I took out costa rica and even doubling cities in a day the unbalanced resources seems prohibitive to mount a fight. Started out with producing 0 Rare'; neg Electronics; as no homeland cities for those. I am limited to those resources that can buy n mkt. I swiped up all the rare that was available by selling other resources but even taking CR capitol which produced Rare (I now get a whopping 5 RM per hr. At his rate will take weeks per research and would have to capture 10 cities that produce rare.

Only alternative would be to annex a missing resource city (electand rare) but at this coast early on will set you back a week against other countries with 5 - 7 cities. I suppose if get lucky o have coal partner with opposite missing cities can trade but even then that's a penalty as lose flexibility on builds if they are offline.

I just don't see a plausible strategy for having playable countries with ls than 5 cities (1 of each resource). And I am used to starting with smaller countries with 5 cities versus 6 or 7.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp

The post was edited 1 time, last by The Pale Rider ().

• In my opinion, you can't compete long terme with 3 homeland cities, except in a coalition (= with friends). With friends, 3 cities each make for some kind of "very hard" challenge.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Thats what I figured unless going to spend $$ which not going to do. Think Im positioned that no one will bug me anytime soon in central america basically all islands now can get by a bit now working mkt but once that dries up pretty much done.

So I guess plan will be to just pack my cities with troops after clear out rest of central america maybe build some Navy and play Viking/Pirate and go on raiding parties for unsuspecting cities and/or sink transports going for the bonus spots that are occupied with bigger fish. than make them pay when they come to get me??

Cant see how a 3 city country can be anything else than a thorn in someones side.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

• update.. have managed to survive and grow a bit. have taken over 3 other small countries just have to pick and choose your battles so basically quadrupled in size. Did annex two cities to help compliment homeland resources I was missing but an Annex city doesnt equal a homeland. Just taking a slow and steady approach and picking off the countries that beat themselves up.

Swapped out my coalitions .. originally with 2 semi actives.. now hooked up with two experienced players and we are in central and S America which seems pretty wide open so thing a slow boil we can do some damage. on this map N america / Europe and Asia in battle royales so I have hope.

I still dont know when best time to go for those 1/5 winner islands.. will just put huge target on back. Looks like best stregey is build up strong navy before taking to blockade attackers

KEY SO FAR: besides patience and obserbation of targets... is WORK YOUR ASS OFF ON MKT..... with imbalance resources have to keep selling access and buy what not producing. Mkts havnt dried up yet so getting by. BUY low SELL High