cheaper "support" units

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• cheaper "support" units

so what i mean by support is like radar units so like mobile radar, UAVs and AWACs and stuff like that where the only purpose of it is to scout or provide intel on stuff. these units are rarely used except if someone has way too much money and resources or its late game or they dont know better
      and by cheaper i mean both cheaper research and cheaper production. also, i do realize that they are cheaper than other units but i dont think its enough to get people to use them more. i think radar and intel is a big part of this game and can change lots of situations for better or worse and i think making these units more accessible will be good for thhis game in general :thumbsup:
    • The same argument could also be applied to 70% of all the other units, just because people in publics don't use them doesnt justify making them even cheaper... support units are already amongst the most powerful. if players choose to neglect them that will be a downfall of their own making. Ground radar for example is already extremly cheap. The only unit that isnt that accessible is AWAC and considering how powerful it is thats fine this way

Trying to balance the game based on what happens in publics seems like a extremly terrible idea.
      I am The Baseline for opinions

The post was edited 1 time, last by Teburu ().

• i never talked about even talked about "publics" and yet you keep talking about publics but ok

and i already talked about how land radar was cheaper than other units but i also said it wasn't enough and that was my point

then there was the part where you said support units are most powerful... when you said this did you mean radar units or all support units?
      like artillery and AA and whatever? because if you mean just radar units when you said that, please explain how radar is "amongst the most powerful" and if you mean artillery and AA, then i wasn't talking about that
    • Wubblyboofus wrote:

i never talked about even talked about "publics" and yet you keep talking about publics but ok
      Well in challenges quite a few radars are built, sometimes even awacs, rarely building radars thus doesnt really seem to apply to them

Wubblyboofus wrote:

then there was the part where you said support units are most powerful... when you said this did you mean radar units or all support units?
      I meant support units in general, but yes radar is also pretty strong, because as you even said yourself, intel is key in this game and having a radar greatly enchances your ability to react, predict and plan and they're a musthave if you're playing with air, artillery or naval units.
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • Radar is of paramount importance. Build one less infantry, or one helicopter less, and boom. Radar.

Prices are fine in my opinion. Low-skill players will never build radar anyway, even if you cut by half their price. It's just not s.exy for them.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Radar and AWACS price is adequate. Both are very strong units, in battle between equal competitors always win one who has more information about enemy.
      Radar is very cheap already and is especially good in early game to support artillery and make infantry stacks "mixed" because radar is "hard" unit. Also radar is very actual in new "rising tides" map because there always is shortage in resources.
      AWACS is much better and flexible but also expensive to manufacture due to 4th airbase level.

Drones imho are almost unplayable in fact. Yes they are very cheap, but why I need useless unit for cheap price ?:) I usually use choppers instead of drones, especially ASW choppers have almost same price and are more flexible. Single point where I see drone may be interesting is same "rising tides", cose it may see new stealth rebels ...

The post was edited 1 time, last by Raf ().

• i dont know i newer build any awacs or naval awacs .. most time just radar on max (yes some time like in about 5 hgame make reseach for awacs but finaly not built .. i dont like it how easy may awacs die .. and prefer model with radar and some airport .. yep sea sea but on sea easy sink ... or must invest in group with have defence again air again navy .. and yep why to just defend one aircaft to make visibility on sea if i want know it that is problem most time i just use cheap control by corvet or infatry in water ..if die red alarm in area .. and not su much lost in economy
    • Raf wrote:

Radar and AWACS price is adequate. Both are very strong units, in battle between equal competitors always win one who has more information about enemy.
      Radar is very cheap already and is especially good in early game to support artillery and make infantry stacks "mixed" because radar is "hard" unit. Also radar is very actual in new "rising tides" map because there always is shortage in resources.
      AWACS is much better and flexible but also expensive to manufacture due to 4th airbase level.

Drones imho are almost unplayable in fact. Yes they are very cheap, but why I need useless unit for cheap price ?:) I usually use choppers instead of drones, especially ASW choppers have almost same price and are more flexible. Single point where I see drone may be interesting is same "rising tides", cose it may see new stealth rebels ...
      for rise of tide and choosen .. you have two posibility recoon car slowly just by land or heli with need airport near or drone or radar on max may be ...
    • Andilek7319 wrote:

for rise of tide and choosen .. you have two posibility recoon car slowly just by land or heli with need airport near or drone or radar on max may be ...
      Drone is very good there, cose its very cheap, much faster then all other options, drones range is very large so you not need airbases web and finally drones may see chosen already at 1st tech. level. Couple of drones is ideally to support air forces.

Same issue with AWACS. All depended from time you have for gaming ... If you have some time and use active air forces AWACS is ideal to help here. If you have little time and play based on slow land forces better use radars, cose AWACS really may loss fast without active other air units support and of course same as other air cant use offline.
    • most depend that i dont want wait at game nonstop and yep on speed posible on normal game wait if spawn radad contact or not to push back ... why radar is only posible strike with air force navy or land but non posible meet any AA... easy reson for cover homeland yep naval awacs should may do wery good job but for this is only match game and after is not need evrybody in coaly nawal awacs .. just one player so from this reason i prefer radar last is if sea green contac in war with just stay on place .... is only air defence again strike or awacs but find radar is more hard ..
    • For proper sea combat and scouting AWACs are essential

They have the advantage of being far more mobile as radar, of course you need to be carefull not to get in range of enemie frigs.

Also AWACs can recon your shores in a huge range, on publics my team and I start in africa, we often place two rows of AWACs as coast guards around the continent.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Kalrakh ().