Gold players

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Gold players

To start, I really like this game for many aspects. For one, I met many interesting people here. Another is its depth, variety of strategies, etc etc.

Its only, but showstopping problem is gold players. I've played three games in past 3 weeks. At least one golder in every one of them. And they seem to have unlimited gold supply.
    So when you see the golder nowadays you have several options.
    1. Buy gold yourself
    2. Archive the game
    3. Fight them
    4. Join them

Option 1. Gold players are usually quite inexperienced. They don't learn because they don't need to. They can simply buy any tech, unit, even time. They have neither skill nor strategy (in most cases). But you can't beat them, no matter how good you are. So if you don't pay - you learn, if you pay - you don't. Make you choice.
    Option 2. Simple. But the golder will be in your next game again.
    Option 3. Most interesting one. You can't win of course. But you can harm him and he will pay more. I treat this option like my personal donation to the project ) But there's no fun in game of this kind, it is lost cause anyway.
    Option 4. Do you like to be someone's pet ? Not for me.

So for me this project, being so bright and interesting at the start, now clearly shows its pay to win nature.
    And of course I'll quit if nothing changes.
  • So is the nature of free2play games tho
    but as you said yourself, you can't buy skill and golders are pretty much the only real challenge you'll face in public matches (apart from coordinates coalitions which next to never happens) :D and sure ppl using gold tend to be unexperienced, but most players in publics games are also

and you definitly can win against someone using gold :)

but anyway: discussions about gold have never really archieved anything than annoy devs, it's pretty much what pays them after all ^^
    I am The Baseline for opinions
  • I can name very successful free2play games where business model allows regular players to win due to their skills and gold gives only minor advantage, so even if you pay gold, you have to learn or lose.
    But not in this case I suppose.

I could win maybe if gold supply was limited somehow. But I can't imagine I can win when a guy researches nukes with rockets in 10 minutes interval and launches them next hour )

If this matter annoys devs, it can be archived )
  • drony77 said So for me this project, being so bright and interesting at the start, now clearly shows its pay to win nature.
    And of course I'll quit if nothing changes.

also said I could win maybe if gold supply was limited somehow. But I can't imagine I can win when a guy researches nukes with rockets in 10 minutes interval and launches them next hour

drony77 i find ways to win after 1 1/2 maybe more im a rank 96 seargeant by perseverance,do iwn all the time no. basically what you want is particpation trophy games, what you need to learn is life isnt fair nor is it free like you want it to be. coould one day in lets say 6 years they have enough player to quit using i dont know and i dont care.

im in the millenial age bracket and i dont like being there because everybody whines about how life isnt fair well guess what it aint

i am so tired of people commenting about gold every month look up past post about this the have repeatedly published why gold wont be banned
    • hello
  • i think golders should be nerfed too slightly
    for example, i my game 2857441, where im china and the golder is phillipines, he literally paid thousands of gold just to lower the morale of all of my homeland cities to 0%
    this of course affected me in many different ways harshly
    my units took like double time to be produced (even sometimes taking longer than the time it says in the mobilizing menu XD )
    and obviously my resources production went to shit
    and all of the land i conquered started smoking so i had to rush my nearby units to all the cities i conquered so i didn't have to reconquer them
    so yeah thats obviously very powerful and almost as bad as spamming high level units because although im still one of the VP leaders, i will never be able to compete with them ever again this whole game :(
  • Wubblyboofus wrote:

i think golders should be nerfed too slightly
    for example, i my game 2857441, where im china and the golder is phillipines, he literally paid thousands of gold just to lower the morale of all of my homeland cities to 0%
    this of course affected me in many different ways harshly
    my units took like double time to be produced (even sometimes taking longer than the time it says in the mobilizing menu XD )
    and obviously my resources production went to shit
    and all of the land i conquered started smoking so i had to rush my nearby units to all the cities i conquered so i didn't have to reconquer them
    so yeah thats obviously very powerful and almost as bad as spamming high level units because although im still one of the VP leaders, i will never be able to compete with them ever again this whole game :(
    A nerf to gold would be a nerf to dorados income :D
    I am The Baseline for opinions
  • Teburu wrote:

A nerf to gold would be a nerf to dorados income
    True, but it depends on the model.
    Imho, if it's short term strategy, then it's definitely ok -- devs get money from golders, golders get kinda satisfaction for their money, all others try to get fun )
    But in long run, imho again, this model won't rise player population and eventually only golders, devoted fans and casuals will remain.
  • yep model about unlimited gold and spend time to map like rise of tide just show if go about dev or many .... slowly proceed to make only busines ... and sure if you meet gold player huge gold player more time im sure that almost player stop play stop invest in premium .. and about coaliation map .... you must have time and team ... if not how you play there how some smart player write i remeber when i first time make buy premium .. becose make posibility own map for aliance to teach how play .. now how i teach my team to play if evry 5 game have this model pay or archive ...

so it be nice posible for premium or for aliance make one map per 14 day ... or how i say try to some map with is about giv gold enter but NON POSIBLE USE THERE GOLD ...