Help me understand. Why Join a game past day 1?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Help me understand. Why Join a game past day 1?

I am trying to understand why someone would do this. It takes so long to research, build buildings, mobilize units, that it would seem starting back more than a day would put you at a tremendous disadvantage. Now, OK, if you are a super Bad Mr. Falcon, and you want the handicap to prove your badness, OK, but otherwise? You might pick a half decimated country, you might pick a country just waiting to get invaded, and all the extra producing countries or island nations (which might give you a chance at recovery) are already taken.

So anyone, please explain why? What does it do for you? Why do you do it? I wanna understand.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • It can work in your advantage sometimes;
      -jump in a day 3 map
      -see that your big neighbour is running tanks and strike fighters against one of his neighbours (deduced from newpapaer and buildings)
      -build TDestroyers and SAM
      -???
      -Profit

Ofcourse, chances are he overruns you before you get your stuff out in sufficient quantity, but if it works out you'll end up an unexpected powerhouse and (in this specific case) have a army that can deal with what 50% of the playerbase runs (that being tanks and SF)
    • Halv0r wrote:

It can work in your advantage sometimes;
      -jump in a day 3 map
      -see that your big neighbour is running tanks and strike fighters against one of his neighbours (deduced from newpapaer and buildings)
      -build TDestroyers and SAM
      -???
      -Profit

Ofcourse, chances are he overruns you before you get your stuff out in sufficient quantity, but if it works out you'll end up an unexpected powerhouse and (in this specific case) have a army that can deal with what 50% of the playerbase runs (that being tanks and SF)
      Do me a favor and don't try to counter tanks with TDs :D
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • Halv0r wrote:

Teburu wrote:

Do me a favor and don't try to counter tanks with TDs :D
      I find that as long as you avoid plains TD's fare pretty well against tanks?Well I will give you it can be doctrine specific, if I am Euro I'll go with TD, if Western Attack helos
      The thing about TDs is that the beat tanks only in a purely economical battle;
      They have the same dmg vs armor as tanks while having half or even less the hp of tanks; their upside is that they're cheaper and faster produce and in terms of fighting tanks they're not that terrible effective seeing how they will trade with tanks in pretty much a 1 to 1 ratio; their +50% def bonus in urban seems is good but pretty niche seeing how you'll in general avoid urban with tanks
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • Teburu wrote:

The thing about TDs is that the beat tanks only in a purely economical battle;They have the same dmg vs armor as tanks while having half or even less the hp of tanks; their upside is that they're cheaper and faster produce and in terms of fighting tanks they're not that terrible effective seeing how they will trade with tanks in pretty much a 1 to 1 ratio; their +50% def bonus in urban seems is good but pretty niche seeing how you'll in general avoid urban with tanks
      You and I might avoid urban with tanks but I think we both know quite alot of people do not ;)

But I agree on your points regarding TD's; the reason I brought them up was, exactly as you put it, they are faster and cheaper to produce, and that's how we come back at OP's post, this is incase I were to join a game late.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Halv0r: Spelling ().

• I made good results with european TDs using the air-assault fo minimize damage in the first combat round :)
      (no need to say, that no AA must be present)
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Dorado Games
      DE - Team Lead
      Conflict of Nations

"That was not me, it was already broken!"
    • correct, and in the first round of combat, the assaulted tanks have to defend with their anti-heli value,... ;)

second round everything is normal, but at that point, the TDs have dealt much damage so teh efficency of the tanks have suffered much
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Dorado Games
      DE - Team Lead
      Conflict of Nations

"That was not me, it was already broken!"