Steam App stuck at loading screen

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Steam App stuck at loading screen

Hi there,

I installed the Steam version of the game. I'm running Windows 10. After I put my username and password and hit PLAY the loading screen with the fighter jets and ships comes up but then the game just hangs there. I can't get past it.

I've uninstalled and re-installed the game and verifying the files shows no issues.

Thanks.
  • Hungryzombie wrote:

Hi there,

I installed the Steam version of the game. I'm running Windows 10. After I put my username and password and hit PLAY the loading screen with the fighter jets and ships comes up but then the game just hangs there. I can't get past it.

I've uninstalled and re-installed the game and verifying the files shows no issues.

Thanks.
    like this?:
    gyazo.com/8a1bbb78b4c36b4997b6b9d387d4aeea
  • Germanico wrote:

hm...

okay - if you followed the procedure and reinstalled: did you also clear the steam cache as well? This is vital.

//G
    In steam I went to menu item Steam/Settings then clicked on Downloads and picked Clear cache.

This had no effect.

I cleared the cache again and uninstalled the game. Cleared the cache one more time. Then noticed something that might be interesting.

When I search the steam shop to find CoN so I can re-install it, Steam tells me it's already in my library even though I uninstalled the game. CoN does not show up in my steam library however.
  • Hungryzombie wrote:

Germanico wrote:

hm...

okay - if you followed the procedure and reinstalled: did you also clear the steam cache as well? This is vital.

//G
    In steam I went to menu item Steam/Settings then clicked on Downloads and picked Clear cache.
    This had no effect.

I cleared the cache again and uninstalled the game. Cleared the cache one more time. Then noticed something that might be interesting.

When I search the steam shop to find CoN so I can re-install it, Steam tells me it's already in my library even though I uninstalled the game. CoN does not show up in my steam library however.
    Restart your Steam!!!

i also reinstalled it but same Fing problem
  • Okay - thanks for the detailed rundown of actions undertaken. Will discuss it again with QA this morning.

Terribly sorry should this issue be on us - trying to figure it out.

This said it definitely does not happen to every steam user so there must be some further factor in this...

//G
    "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
  • Germanico wrote:

Okay - thanks for the detailed rundown of actions undertaken. Will discuss it again with QA this morning.

This said it definitely does not happen to every steam user so there must be some further factor in this...

//G
    don''t worry about it he and i can still play on the web app
  • Germanico wrote:

Okay - thanks for the detailed rundown of actions undertaken. Will discuss it again with QA this morning.

//G
    No problem, thanks for looking into it.

One other detail that might be of note is that the first time I installed the CoN game in Steam, I did not know your login gets locked so I set it up originally as another account. I had to go to support to change that so I could use the main login I use when playing in the Chrome browser.

So now when I run CoN in Steam, I see that old, unwanted username autofilled in the top field of the login screen. Even after all the uninstalls and cache clearings.

Probably means nothing but still every detail should be examined.
  • Hungryzombie wrote:

Germanico wrote:

//G
    No problem, thanks for looking into it.
    One other detail that might be of note is that the first time I installed the CoN game in Steam, I did not know your login gets locked so I set it up originally as another account. I had to go to support to change that so I could use the main login I use when playing in the Chrome browser.

So now when I run CoN in Steam, I see that old, unwanted username autofilled in the top field of the login screen. Even after all the uninstalls and cache clearings.

Probably means nothing but still every detail should be examined.
    (HungryZombia you can write your ingame name there lol)

i had CON installed until i dleeted all Steam from my Laptop and now i want to install it with an new account i cant (this is my reason lel)
  • Hi guys,

we are completely unable to replicate this bug here in the QA. Let me just for sanity reasons of the QA guys make sure we are talking about the same cache clearing:

When you say "cleared cache" you are doing the below steps, right?

Clear Cache in STEAM (Windows)

a) Fix/Clean Steam Cache for CON (important - unistall/install still may leave steam cache items - so this is vital)
    1. Load Steam.
    2. From the Library section, right-click on the game and select "Properties" from the menu.
    3. Select the "Local Files" tab and click the "Verify integrity of game cache..." button.
    4. Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes.
    b) From your Steam Client, open the Settings panel by selecting "Steam > Settings" from the top left client menu. In the Settings panel, select the Downloads tab and you'll find the "Clear Download Cache" button at the bottom. Then select "OK" to confirm and acknowledge that you'll need to login to Steam again. Attention: This does not delete steam or the games, just the cache used for downloading.

c) finally you should do this to finish the STEAM cache cleaning:
    On a Windows PC hit the windows key + r and type in: "%appdata%"
    Locate the folder called "Conflict of Nations" and DELETE this and start the game again - this clears the ingame local steam cache.

d) after these please close STEAM and/or the PC to be on the safe side and when back, restart the game.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thanks for clarifying,

//G
    "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
  • Germanico wrote:

Hi guys,

we are completely unable to replicate this bug here in the QA. Let me just for sanity reasons of the QA guys make sure we are talking about the same cache clearing:

When you say "cleared cache" you are doing the below steps, right?

Clear Cache in STEAM (Windows)

a) Fix/Clean Steam Cache for CON (important - unistall/install still may leave steam cache items - so this is vital)
    1. Load Steam.
    2. From the Library section, right-click on the game and select "Properties" from the menu.
    3. Select the "Local Files" tab and click the "Verify integrity of game cache..." button.
    4. Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes.
    b) From your Steam Client, open the Settings panel by selecting "Steam > Settings" from the top left client menu. In the Settings panel, select the Downloads tab and you'll find the "Clear Download Cache" button at the bottom. Then select "OK" to confirm and acknowledge that you'll need to login to Steam again. Attention: This does not delete steam or the games, just the cache used for downloading.

c) finally you should do this to finish the STEAM cache cleaning:
    On a Windows PC hit the windows key + r and type in: "%appdata%"
    Locate the folder called "Conflict of Nations" and DELETE this and start the game again - this clears the ingame local steam cache.

d) after these please close STEAM and/or the PC to be on the safe side and when back, restart the game.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thanks for clarifying,

//G
    i followed the steps again you above said still the stupid Loading screen (i did it 2 times now but still nothing)

I DID IT THIS WAY AND STILL THE STUPID LOADING SCREEN, on my former STEAM account it worked (but now i have an new steam account it doens't work)

The post was edited 1 time, last by MartijnTNL ().