Air Ordenance Improvement: Bunker Busters ( RE-topic)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Air Ordenance Improvement: Bunker Busters ( RE-topic)

( Hi People: FIrst of all, I realised this topic I made, should have been here in "Suggestions" instead of it's original place. I would kindly ask the moderators to delete that one. My apologies)

Hi!

New to the forum, I've been scrolling trough it the last few days and found quite some interesting topics to learn from.

Here's my ideas for possible game improvement on following updates.

Bunkers are a great idea, I found them very realistic in the way they improve survival for units within a certain city, and also the ammount of damage they take to be neutralised: All of this confirmed by real combat experiences in ( for example) Syria, Afghanistan, Iraq, etc...

In fact, I believe they could be made into yet another kind of terrain improvement for provinces, perhaps specially available to insurgents, etc...

This things are A THING in real modern combat, no doubts about it.

Now: In real life, there is precisión, bunker-busting ordenance specifically designed to deal with this kind of fortification. It goes from unguided, relatively simple munnitions - like the russian BETAB-500- to the most advanced pennetrating, laser-guided GBUs

How about designing a new tech to be developed, in order for the players to be able to deal with these treats in mid-to-late game?

For example: it could start with the most simple types, and then follow-up progresively all the way up to Thermobaric warheads, just as MOAB or AVBPM : Those latter ones would be able to inflict considerable damage even in hight-resiliance bunkers such as Lv 4 and Lv5, while also causing casualties to civilians on the ground ( and then dropping your morale).

They could be expensive, such as cruise missiles are: That way, players would think twice between using them indiscriminately, keeping them in reserve instead, til'' the right target appears.

On the other hand, this leads me to wonder, if laser-guided ammo such as GBUs or KBPs themselves could not be developed in order for mid to-late game fighter-bombers to drop them on specific targets inside an enemy's cities, and not just blasting trough the whole of it as it is now.

Of course, this ordenance may be made available only to those bombers, and not every kind of attack plane on the map.

Finally: They could be included as a developable tech in the same tab as -for example- warheads and missiles are already.

In any case, just an idea, hoping it may be of use.

Also: perhaps this subjetc was brought up before and -if that's the case- sorry for the inconvinience.

Also: Excuse my poor english

Greetings

Ernst Schloss

PD: About Thermobarics, they could also be made into a weapon only heavy bombers can carry, adding another reason to develop them.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Vassily Zaizev ().