English Only Games

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• English Only Games

This game is supposed to be English only, it says so when you are signing up... but despite that, there are a lot of players that do not speak English. They also don't even try. They force me to have to carry all the burden and try and use google translate to talk to them, and when it is difficult for them they just ignore me. It is lazy and it makes this no fun. I'd really like to see games that if non-English speakers sign up for them, they are just removed. I am spending money on this game... sure not a ton, but I spend money and I don't want people unwilling to spend the time to use goggle translate to talk to me to then screw up this experience for me.

Is it asking for a lot? There could be language dependent games for other language groups as well... it doesn't have to be English only.
  • Sorry BadCoyote,

as much as it is awesome that you are supporting us team by spending - unfortunately we cannot comply. In a game as hardcore and niche as CON we need players to play together. If we'd make everyone play his little national language on his own maps and servers (eg. Czech) it would lead to half-empty games etc. Been there, done that actually. Main rule when designing core f2p games such as ours: Don't segregate your users - make them play together.
    Hope that explains the situation.
    "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
  • Ok... I get it, it is just such a pain in the ass that I do my best to translate and work with everyone no matter the language but it seems like I keep running into player that don't seem to want to put in any effort in return. Like using google translate is too much effort to put in. I have someone in one of my current games that will not even say enough for me to get "what language is this" to tell me what it was. I think it was portugese but even when I sent them a message in that language then I have not gotten any reply after that. I am trying... :(
  • You don't seem to understand my point. We all need to put equal effort into communicating with each other. The fact that I keep running into players that apparently can't be bothered to use google translate like I have to do when I communicate to them that is the problem. When I come across someone speaking Italian or Portuguese or some other language I go and use google translate to talk to them. But they don't feel the need to do the same. They just go on about not understanding. Fine, that is ok. But this is an international game like you all are saying. If that is the case then they need to take the burden on themselves as well. As much as anything this game is a social game. A game of diplomacy. If it isn't then why are we not off each playing single player games or why are all the features for one player to work with another player in place? So I was suggesting that there be some games for players of one language. I was not saying that they ALL be limited by language, but it could be an option. But you go ahead and read the worst meaning into what I was trying to say... it is always easiest to not try and understand the other guys point when you can just assume the worst, right?
  • I find it the easiest way to communicate is to work on the assumption other ppl speak english as well, seeing how its pretty much the most common language ppl are able to speak; if communication with people whose language you don't speak is really such a burden on you i'd just suggest you find some ppl to play matches with on regular basis to circumvent these difficulties

And as i already mentionend; flashpoints are usually filled with ppl speaking the same language^^
    I am The Baseline for opinions