Pinned Spies: What are your thoughts?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• So you found a satellite picture of Area 51 in western Internet and now you know everything about. Em... Right. Footage for UFO fans I'm sure of that. :) Worth to mention that if WW III = anti-sattelite missiles will be used. So satellites role in modern war is a big question mark, specially that probably 5% of all countries have at least one military version.
      Display Spoiler

"We rarely recognize how wonderful it is that a person can traverse an entire lifetime without making a single really serious mistake — like putting a fork in one's eye or using a window instead of a door."
      - Marvin Lee Minsky

• Efreet wrote:

So you found a satellite picture of Area 51 in western Internet and now you know everything about. Em... Right. Footage for UFO fans I'm sure of that. :) Worth to mention that if WW III = anti-sattelite missiles will be used. So satellites role in modern war is a big question mark, specially that probably 5% of all countries have at least one military version.
      not a ufo fan but you can tell in great detail how big the base is you took my example out of context

hey lets try this pearl harbor majorly known naval base in hawaii,

hey i went youtube got a guy driving his civilian boat past past us naval boats parked at norfolk virginia naval base hmmmm kind blows you out of the water

heres what i think, youre mad because other players preemptivelye take out youre naval bases so you cant produce
      • hello
    • Think in a war context, not by summer vacations at Hawaii. Additionally game context (excluding some scenarios) is that all world starts from same tech advancement around '70. And btw, if satellites ever be implemented into the game, it's not hard to guess they will be expensive late game feature anyway.

I'm mad, lol. And something tells me that you have no arguments. Fine for me. :P
      Display Spoiler

"We rarely recognize how wonderful it is that a person can traverse an entire lifetime without making a single really serious mistake — like putting a fork in one's eye or using a window instead of a door."
      - Marvin Lee Minsky

• not by summer vacations, lets try this in my home state we three military base two of which i a can drive, one is forbes field which is the second largest air refueling wing airbase theres generally sitting on the tarmac 40 air refuelers, not to mention the national guard who use the same air base who have around 20 to 30 black hawk helicopters , ft riley another of of are 3 military bases you can drive down the highway see around about 20 to 30 black hawks and verying fighter jets jets that may shooting practice target because theyre from ft leaven worth military base on training missions because it has the third largest aviation training schools.

and i am thinking in war context if i can see the naval ships at hawaii and norfolk virginia notice i underlined norfolk the enemy can see them as well its you who has no argument becuase willfully ignore this by the way is pearl not a functioning that houses destroyers and aircraft carriers.

think in war context, hey i wonder why japanese in world war 2 attacked pearl harbor in the first place hmmmmm is possibly because it was major strategic military naval base back then as now hmmmmmmmmmmm, whats youre answer to this or is youre only argument deflection
      • hello
    • hey if i wanted i could go sit outside dyes air force base and watch b-1 lancers take off shoots theres videos on youtube of people who live next to this base base who have filmed take offs and landings whom if normal people can see can it foriegn enemies can see theses as well, your argument is completely shot pieces, if normal people can see and tape it any one can see it
      • hello

The post was edited 1 time, last by ross222 ().

• "in my home state we three military base two... " etc.

Go inside, make photos, upload them to the Internet, and tell me what will happen. ;)

"hey i wonder why japanese in world war 2 attacked pearl harbor in the first place hmmmmm is possibly because it was major strategic military naval base back then as now hmmmmmmmmmmm, whats youre answer to this or is youre only argument deflection"

Sure, and they seen It by satellites or by the guy who drives his civilian boat. And definitely not by INTEL, or air scouting.

You know, I simply give up. ;)
      Display Spoiler

- Marvin Lee Minsky

• so again your only is to go inside the base how stupid is that logic oh lets the country of russia is just going to ignore norfolk virginias naval lets not blow that to smitherines if world war three starts ya there going to let a naval base continuing to function that houses aircraft carriers hey lets not blow up dyes air base which we know houses the b-1 lancer lets not it blow up that airbase oh know its not a threat your logic is completely faulty everybody in the world knows whats at these airbases and naval bases and if you think other countries dont have nuclear icbms to target these bases in case of world war 3 you got another thing coming, you efreet are running away because youve lost the argument and you know it i mean seriously go inside the base why would i need to do that i already know whats there and thats the point
      • hello
    • youre logic is that only spies know what are at these bases when the whole world knows, really bad reasoning and i never meant that foreign countries were getting there info from tourists my point is everybody knows whats there and that why youre quitting the argument you lost and you know it.

youre the one who outright insists nobody knows whats going on and whats housed at these bases is outright faulty i have proven wrong in more ways then one
      • hello
    • Blah, blah... I'm simply not interested in flaming.

I think I've done with you, anyway. :)

Use punctuation, and train social skills. Peace. :P
      Display Spoiler

- Marvin Lee Minsky

• Please chill out guys - no reason to get heated up over something like this.

Indeed we decided early on during the design of CON that we would stick to mostly allowing players to see what the other player had in infrastructure. Not everything mind you ( eg. bunkers, weapon labs etc) but for the most part.
      This sort of simulates the reality of modern day general intelligence akin to the CIA factbook and other sources. These have been around since at least the 70s and give a good indication about enemy infrastructure, economy, forces etc.
      Of course today this has shifted to the internet, but even before there was quite a bit openly known. Now of course that doesn't go for every installation in RL etc. but we took a decision in the game and stuck with it so far.

//G
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • For me I tried using spies but they are not reliable. About half of them get captured, they are very expensive and personally,
      I like to fight people head on. I think Spies is also a cheap way to beat someone. I thin you are better off spending your money on other researches. I am just a level 52 here but I get that much. It is too expensive,
      your spies also get captured a lot, and it is not worth it.
    • Navy1Mike wrote:

For me I tried using spies but they are not reliable. About half of them get captured, they are very expensive and personally,
      I like to fight people head on. I think Spies is also a cheap way to beat someone. I thin you are better off spending your money on other researches. I am just a level 52 here but I get that much. It is too expensive,
      your spies also get captured a lot, and it is not worth it.
      what else are you gonna do to make use of the metric fuckton of money you tend to have mid-lategame?
      sabotage spies are pretty reliable and intel is eh doesn’t hurt to try
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • They need to do a major overhaul of the spy system really. The biggest problem is that you can't tell what the spies what exactly to do. Such as when you send them to grab intel, they randomly bring you back a piece of information. I would like more control such as directing them to specifically intercept communications, sabotage a chosen building or delay the construction/mobilization. That's the biggest problem at the moment that you send them off to do missions but it's RNG as to what they will even accomplish, sometimes I'm just left shaking my head when 3 spies report the same info as each other or they target the wrong building. The other major thing is that maybe we need them to have a very low chance of getting caught for intel if there are no counter ops spies but the chance to be caught obviously increases if they are on corruption or sabotage missions.

I would even say maybe add like an assassination mission where once your agents have located enemy counter ops or spies they can go and kill them off to allow your other spies to complete tasks more safely. The other thing that I feel makes spies seem lackluster is that for corruption and sabotage it's too publicly broadcasted, like it shows up in the newspaper and you get an in game alert in purple that tells you they are running around. For sabotage it makes sense but corruption is usually hard to detect so I would say maybe if you don't have counter ops agents you shouldn't get pop ups about enemy activity since how would you know if you didn't have agents of your own investigating the activity.
    • I hate how when captured, the world finds out who sent them.

It should be set up that the only way to find out where spies are from is via the intel you receive about enemy spy locations.

Otherwise, having a cold war with agents is lame because the other player easily finds out you're using agents against them, even if they have 0 counter-ops themselves.
    • Gen. Grievous wrote:

I hate how when captured, the world finds out who sent them.

It should be set up that the only way to find out where spies are from is via the intel you receive about enemy spy locations.

Otherwise, having a cold war with agents is lame because the other player easily finds out you're using agents against them, even if they have 0 counter-ops themselves.
      They do not always do, just sometimes the spy spills the beans while getting tortured interrogated.