Weapons​ Black Market

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Weapons​ Black Market

Hi everybody
    In the real world countries sell Weapons (Tanks, missiles, aircraft, naval), I Suggest Market of Weapons (Buy & Sell), Not only from your doctrine, but also from any doctrine, You can sell for money or resources, with a minimum and a maximum price and Limit number of units sold per day for stop cheat from any player.

• Requirements:
      • Secret Black Market building
      • Agent (in Black Market Mission)

• Something that also might hamper cheating would be restricitions on the unit types;
    No selling of motorized would deter the most blatant abuses I think (infantry in general maybe shouldn't be sellable since that wouldn't really make sense anyway)
    Season units and officers would also be a nono for obvious reasons, and probably launch platforms (BM and ICBM in particular) aswell.

I find it an intresting idea nonetheless
  • I got to say...

This looks extremely promising!

Arms Market ( not necessarily "Black") it's a huge deal in International Relations: as a matter of fact, some countries ( i.e Saudi Arabia) only get warm relations with the rest, because of the huge ammount of weapon they buy! ( Saudis alone have the 3rd largest military budget IN THE WORLD, and 99% percent of it go to weapons import).

Also, you could been giving VP for ( say) X fulfilled operations.

That would add yet another way of making your way to the top, by not-so-violent means LoL

So some countries would perhaps devote a significant part of their industries into arms production, not only for themselves but for the international market as well.

Also, this COULD be a way to revitalize an otherwise pityful market as it is nowadays!

About "Black" market, that could be even more interesting!!! How about placing embargoes, and you very well bypass those embargoes against you from a certain nation, buying military hardware/units at MORE EXPENSIVE prices than before?

( actually, they could be made even more difficult to intelligence operations against you, or facilitated by your own. They could be worked into a powerfull tool for in-game international interaction! How could I NOT think a country is hostile to me, if He/She places an Arms Embargo on me?)

For even more variety and realism, perhaps you could not buy the latest gear a nation has to offer, but one generation before, like it's done in real-life ( World Powers very rarely export their latest hot stuff, "monkey-models" are the rule except between alliances' members)

Anyway....

Excellent idea, and good graphics :)
  • Vassily Zaizev wrote:

I got to say...

This looks extremely promising!

Arms Market ( not necessarily "Black") it's a huge deal in International Relations: as a matter of fact, some countries ( i.e Saudi Arabia) only get warm relations with the rest, because of the huge ammount of weapon they buy! ( Saudis alone have the 3rd largest military budget IN THE WORLD, and 99% percent of it go to weapons import).

Also, you could been giving VP for ( say) X fulfilled operations.

That would add yet another way of making your way to the top, by not-so-violent means LoL

So some countries would perhaps devote a significant part of their industries into arms production, not only for themselves but for the international market as well.

Also, this COULD be a way to revitalize an otherwise pityful market as it is nowadays!

About "Black" market, that could be even more interesting!!! How about placing embargoes, and you very well bypass those embargoes against you from a certain nation, buying military hardware/units at MORE EXPENSIVE prices than before?

( actually, they could be made even more difficult to intelligence operations against you, or facilitated by your own. They could be worked into a powerfull tool for in-game international interaction! How could I NOT think a country is hostile to me, if He/She places an Arms Embargo on me?)

For even more variety and realism, perhaps you could not buy the latest gear a nation has to offer, but one generation before, like it's done in real-life ( World Powers very rarely export their latest hot stuff, "monkey-models" are the rule except between alliances' members)

Anyway....

Excellent idea, and good graphics :)
    Very Exciting ideas
  • King7673 wrote:

kurtvonstein wrote:

Question is: How do you want to transfer the units? Airlift from capitol to capitol? Or just beam them? If you beam them coalitions would have super faster shipping mechanism
    I think it will disappear from the seller city and appear in the buyer's capital.
    in that case - i call it beaming - you will make a fast trasnport possibility for allaince members shifting their troops from scenario to scenario at no time.
    @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
  • kurtvonstein wrote:

King7673 wrote:

kurtvonstein wrote:

Question is: How do you want to transfer the units? Airlift from capitol to capitol? Or just beam them? If you beam them coalitions would have super faster shipping mechanism
    I think it will disappear from the seller city and appear in the buyer's capital.
    in that case - i call it beaming - you will make a fast trasnport possibility for allaince members shifting their troops from scenario to scenario at no time.
    True

I see two alternatives in order to avoid such a posibility:

Either you ship the units by sea or air ( just as you will with normal arms transfers, thus, vulnerable to physical blocade: military actions against them) or you set an X time needed for the new "unit" to deploy and achieve full operative capability.

Thus, you'll simulate the ammount of time a new user takes to incorporate and asimilate new tech, train it's people into it, etc.

In other words: you make it as realistic as possible.

In Real Life, arms producers enjoy a significant advantage over those countries who just buy abroad.

They are less susceptible to blockades, they improve their own techological and economical basis by developing new techs, they know the systems they're working with, they have copyrights on them ( and thus make money out of them) etc,etc

Arms deal could be made an interesting alternative for certain nations: I am -let's say-Thailand, and I lack the huge industrial base EEUU enjoys. But I need tanks against Vietnam: What do I do? I buy them from the US, at highter prices They would buy tanks themselves, have to wait for the tanks to be delivered, etc etc

And If I want a new tank, well...I buy them again. Assuming the US ( or said nation) is willing to sell.

What if -let's say- China decides they are not happy with the US boosting their own treasure on this? Or with me having modern MBTs I would otherwise not posses? They can then place an arms-embargo on me, rising the cost on my purchase.

They can even place a physical blockade on me, with military forces.

ALSO, As the US, if I want to jeapardise China's or Vietnam's interest, I can sell Thailand some tanks at lower prices, thus loosing money, BUT significantly increasing THailand's own military power, in order for them to counter-balance my enemies.

JUST AS IN REAL LIFE :) That's the reason, let's say, Israel , Japan or NATO get access to the lastest US stuff, while others might not necessarily do so.

OTHERWISE ( BAck to Thailand) If I want to avoid all this messy geopolitics, I develop my own tech tree and industries in order to get my own , "Made-in-Thailand" armor. And I do NOT carry on with my highly time-and-resources consuming WMD program.

And in the mean time, I keep Vietnam or China at bay with whathever I could muster...hopefully.

Or use diplomatics to get along with them ;)

Two options, wich in real life use to separate 1st and 2nd Tier military powers from the rest.

So...again, very, very interesting :)

The post was edited 7 times, last by Vassily Zaizev ().