How to fight Insurgencies? - they are destroying my empire!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How to fight Insurgencies? - they are destroying my empire!

16 of my cities have been attacked by insurgents over the last 2 nights and currently all my airforce and ground units are diverted having to retake them back. My resources and income have crashed as a result :|

How do you overcome this onslaught?

Some points:

1) I have used nukes on 10 occasions and my population morale has gone down to 40% but its been a week since my last nuke attack :P
    2) I haven't built many hospitals to keep the locals happy as my resources were going on building units as I had to save 2 coalition partners from a huge onslaught.
    3) My coalition partners are not having this problem as I'm the only one with nukes. I don't plan to use any more unless desperate.

Any suggestions? :/
  • best bet is to leave garrisoned forces with 30+ health points, or one armoured unit (tank, tank destroyer, personnel carrier), and insirgents wont even show up. Leave them in place until the city stops smoking when morale is about 35%. You can click on the city amd there is aline that says "chance of insurgency" when morale is low; when morale is good, that wont be there.
    When the going gets weird, the weird go pro - Hunter S Thompson
  • LIke it was said leave an occupying force for a while I like to wait till morale is about 50% then I never have to revisit that city and those units can run to the nearest airport and fly out to the front to re join moving forces and then some get left in the new cities, a hospital doesnt hurt either in fact sometimes I will leave injured forces in a city build a hospital and let them heal up so they are ready for real battle again.
  • Thanks, I have left 1 infantry unit in most cities and the 1 tank in others, but still the insurgencies are coming back every night.

I think after destroying the whole of Africa, Middle East and Africa my population just hates me now.

One of my coalition partners has conquered similar territory but has no insurgencies and has grown much stronger. The difference is he hasn't used nukes, that must be the single defining factor.

Its a shame the game doesn't have a 'dictatorship' option where I can hunt down on dissent and subjugate perpretators to hard labour or conscription, or best still, execute them like my heroes Saddam Hussein and Idi Amin would have
  • what germanico is tryin to say is,
    if you use Weapons of Massdestruction on ha high rate,
    your morale will drop.

To make sure your fellow people don´t turn on you, just place some garison forces,... or maybe some more ;)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Dorado Games
    DE - Team Lead
    Conflict of Nations

"That was not me, it was already broken!"
  • Well what I do is after conquering every cities I leave at least 1 infantry division there and at first build Army base and a hospital which is not that costly ! When there is army base hospitals and infantries for 3/4 days I dont face any insurgency .I move the army when the hospital is built ! So those deeds might help you ! :)
    :) Balithuba :)
  • 1) Stop comitting atrocities (wmds, even Arty, bombings)

2) station troops as Garrison (2-3 and or armored vehicles with good anti inf )

3) use gunships to hunt insurgents actively

4) actively build up morale (hospitals or even if available gold)

5) secure yourself from enemy agents with counter ops agents in cities
    "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf