Show the real level/skill of a player

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Simply because it can't. No system is perfect, and we have debated of it for litteraly 10 years, from Supremacy 1914 to Conflict of Nations.

The only thing where there is more or less a consensus is that "good stats" or "high score" don't necessarily imply a high skill.

My personal position (as an alliance leader) on stats is that they are interesting insights about how a player plays, and what environnement he is playing through.

Subtle statistical anomalies or a big "delta" from the average of a player may hint on what kind of units he likes to play, or what kind of opponent he is used to encounter.

How much AI vs Player were killed, etc etc etc.

However, it doesn't give a lot of clue about if he is skilled or not. (well, a 0.15 K/D is often explicit, but a 2.5 K/D isn't, especially in CoN where it's the feast of the 10 vs 1 )
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • I won Rising tides with a tiny 3 city country think Nicaragua. first was like what kind of Bullshit is this Im not going to last 2 days and was just an experiment of how long could live.

But was fairly easy to take out all the other 3 city countries in central america. I did have to Annex 2-3 cities for resources and since I really thought would loose went full marines navy and air and when no one came for me was able to take out a lot of coastal areas (which is whole pt of map) .. then our coalition just took all the island Victory sites (I held 2 or 3 in north hemispher and partner held the ones in south) tricky one was getting the one in Siberia. was a long swim for my marines. Map was 70 pct unconquered not sure what people were witing for any obviosly didnt understand the new map needed new strategy.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp