nerf motrized infantry

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• nerf motrized infantry

ok i am at point i am not even bothering starting any new matches due to this one unit.

example one of the matches i am in now zombie match one of my allies just made massive army of motorized infantry and spread out across the globe racking up 1944 vp and match is only on day 30 were just barely getting to the good unlocks and he chose to leave coalition to end the match.

this tactic is ruining the game research takes so long and is so expensive these players end the match before you can even get to the fun stuff. i mean why even bother playing if 9 out of 10 matches never get out of the motorized infantry blitz phase.
    • I agree with theburu,
      Mot-inf alone shouldn´t be able to win your game,
      in fact they got their lategame buff because it was such a basic unit...

Zergling swarm won´t work because a single Gunship squadron or some towed artys ruin your day
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Dorado Games
      DE - Team Lead
      Conflict of Nations

"That was not me, it was already broken!"
    • please you all are pretending ignorance to protect the unit every match is nothing but mot swarms and you know it if you build enough of them can send them out in every direction capture so fast people who actualy try to play the old way don't have enough time or resources to research fast enough let aloe be in enough places at once to stop them is common fact that 9 out of 10 matches are decided in the first 14 days if you don't stop the swarm in time they have so many vp you can't catch up and you all know it i am betting if we could see replay of your recent matches you prob used same tactic
    • Sorry to say - but if you base this player's strategy on stats it will collapse like a house of cards. Mot-Inf is defensive in nature.
      Hence: If he uses it to steam across places he will suffer more casualties than any defensive force. If you where overwhelmed that way you need to shift tactics, eg. into positioning artillery and even national guard.
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • My god, i came to the topic just to see the ludicrous claims. Wasn't disappointed.

Everything was said.

Motorised Inf lose against pretty much everything, itself included. In Swarms they may be used, but they have hard counters so hard it redefines what "hard counter is".

Gunships everyone ?

This said, i can hear that in a game full of inactive, just spamming motorised infantries may allow to overexpand very quickly. On the other side, Mot Inf still is a weak unit XD
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • I put a Motorized Infantry build to the test a while back. It worked fine but probably coz no one was expecting it and coz of how the map played out.

It was my USA playthrough. After my usual plugging up of the ports with a single ship, I focused on ensuring that Mot Inf and MAA are constantly maxed in tech and I built nothing but them for at least a week. Ended up having 5-7 stacks of 6-7 Mot Inf + 3-4 MAA. Try to stop that coming at you from three different directions. Would I have been able to do that without the MAA? Abso-friggin-lutely not! Especially, when the African coalition I had to deal with has air units up the wazoo!

Remember that the AI will probably spread their units out to defend each province with one unit, making it look like it has more units than it really does.
      "Any of you *uckin' pricks move, and I'll execute every mother*uckin' last one of ya!" - Honey Bunny
    • MrBookShelf wrote:

I think the issue could be the range attack it have in the very last upgrade.
      in normal round there are hard to pull up this tactic, but I do see this issue is commonly happens in apocalypse gamemode
      due to the gamemode doesn't have reseach day limit
      i mean, its still only infantry at the end of the day; and with it having no fire control you'll have to micro every attack
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • That being said, I do wonder if the ranged attack at least needs a slight nerf. The main, and essentially only, advantage of mot inf spam is expansion. In one of my Austria games, Kazakhstan did the maxed mot inf spam and quickly took over Russia and other little territories around him. However, he ended up being overrun by the India player’s Air Force and tank stacks while being attacked from the east by Philippine mot inf spam. The only reason he lost serious territory to the Philippines player was that his army had been destroyed by India and he had the same mot inf. I was able to send a stack of my maxed out strikes and trounce one of the Philippine mot infs.

From my analysis, one cannot win with mot inf spam alone. It requires substantial combined arms forces to decapitate the enemy’s forces in order to enable the mot inf to sweep in from the wake of the combined arms forces. Clearly, anyone saying pure mot inf spam is effective hasn’t seen it used against a decent defense.