Is this considered legitimate strategy, bad sportsmanship, or otherwise not allowed?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Is this considered legitimate strategy, bad sportsmanship, or otherwise not allowed?

In game 2872911 dabingtarking, purplehawk, and cjudges are in an alliance together and acted as if they were on friendly terms with my nation and alliance. I had right-of-way treaties with each and generally we were staying out of each others way and the plan was once the others in the game were eliminated, we would end the game in peace. Instead, after multiple days of generally being friendly with one another, they used the right-of-way treaty to scout my territory and my armies and launch a surprise attack before I could mobilize an effective defense. Also, I found that I would send messages to one of them, and different ones of them would respond, which made me suspicious about multiple accounts.

This certainly seems to me to be not fair behavior, but I would like to know from the community if this is considered legitimate. At least I would like to warn everyone that if you see any of those 3 in a game you are playing, you should target them and not take any friendly gestures at face value.

Finally, I would suggest that there be some buffer between right-of-way and attacking. EG if you have a right-of-way treaty with someone, you should have to break it, remove all your troops, declare war, and wait a certain amount of time before attacking (24-48 hours would be my suggestion). Otherwise, this creates too easy a situation to manipulate.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Gryphon ().

• I would say anytime you give someone you don't know / don't fully trust ROW... the second you see them deploying forces to your various cities across the map...dead giveaway, my friend.

Generally speaking, regardless of the situation or alliance, I always prefer to leave reserves back in the rear to guard my cities and homeland (even if there is no immediate threat there).
    • Pretty much anyone with a bit of training will tell you : Closed doors, and if they come too close, bite first.
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • sounds like on Mid east map which without coalitions need to rely on gut feeling and trust if working with someone. It back fires so if get your spidey senses up end alliance and revoke shed intelligence. I had two different situations where my "allie" got fishy at the end. you should be able to tel where / how they are moving and if on the up and up. in end peopl eget greedy and want to win. I actually worked with caliphet one game as he was about out and some guy was just bombing everyone after bought a ton of bombers. And Calphet would get beat down each day so I finally figured I could run through cities and not hold so each day we would spawn a huge # of calpihed when they went rougue. But then after we had him beat he started stacking and heading towards me so took him out... another day and he would have swarmed me as caliphed can be like a zombie infestation.

But in real war allies can back stab you.... all fair in love and war.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • Germanico wrote:

We can follow the multi-trail if you send us a ticket with details.

In regards to the ROW : legitimate move. Not nice, but legit. I basically never give ROW or use it as a deliberate tool to create trust - but always guard my back.
      Usually when I give right of way it's to avoid accidentally attacking the wrong person, or from a distance. I'll often give the caveat "we have right of way but I don't see any reason your troops would need to be anywhere but on the fringes of my territory."
      When the going gets weird, the weird go pro - Hunter S Thompson
    • Gryphon wrote:

In game 2872911 dabingtarking, purplehawk, and cjudges are in an alliance together and acted as if they were on friendly terms with my nation and alliance. I had right-of-way treaties with each and generally we were staying out of each others way and the plan was once the others in the game were eliminated, we would end the game in peace. Instead, after multiple days of generally being friendly with one another, they used the right-of-way treaty to scout my territory and my armies and launch a surprise attack before I could mobilize an effective defense. Also, I found that I would send messages to one of them, and different ones of them would respond, which made me suspicious about multiple accounts.

This certainly seems to me to be not fair behavior, but I would like to know from the community if this is considered legitimate. At least I would like to warn everyone that if you see any of those 3 in a game you are playing, you should target them and not take any friendly gestures at face value.

Finally, I would suggest that there be some buffer between right-of-way and attacking. EG if you have a right-of-way treaty with someone, you should have to break it, remove all your troops, declare war, and wait a certain amount of time before attacking (24-48 hours would be my suggestion). Otherwise, this creates too easy a situation to manipulate.
      Well firstly giving right of way to people you dont really know is def not something you should do. If you dont know them dont trust them cause they will 100% kill you through the right of way. Hopefully it's a lesson for next time!

In terms of multi accounting if you can get proof you can send it to Support Staff in the discord server. Perhaps you can prove that you send a message to one country then a different country who shouldn't know what you said replies for the country you actually said that to. Not sure if that's the case but that's what I understood from your message.

In terms of the suggestion It's a good one but it likely wont be coming out as this goes to show you should only give people right of way if you trust them. If not dont do it

Hope this helped :thumbup:
    • xXWolfXx wrote:

Gryphon wrote:

Well firstly giving right of way to people you dont really know is def not something you should do. If you dont know them dont trust them cause they will 100% kill you through the right of way. Hopefully it's a lesson for next time!
      In terms of multi accounting if you can get proof you can send it to Support Staff in the discord server. Perhaps you can prove that you send a message to one country then a different country who shouldn't know what you said replies for the country you actually said that to. Not sure if that's the case but that's what I understood from your message.

In terms of the suggestion It's a good one but it likely wont be coming out as this goes to show you should only give people right of way if you trust them. If not dont do it

Hope this helped :thumbup:
      I never give right away. EVER! Some people abuse it. I am one of them. Trust no one!

As far as multiple accounts are concerned. Only losers would do that. I am a winner and only have one account.
      :D Sorry for killing your people....not.
    • There was this one time as Germany I had an ally, it was Finland and we had right of way since day 2.

Long story short: We both turned into big empires in Europe about on day 20, once are borders touched I had like 5-6 unit stacks close to the border just in case.

But I still trusted him, and the right of way became a coalition with 2 other players.

You can trust the players for right of way, but if you see shady movements and messages flying around. Address it.
      "YES WE CAN!" - Barack Obama
      Mr. Gorbechev, tear down this wall! - Ronald Reagan
      We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do other things. John F. Kennedy
      The only thing we need to fear is fear itself. - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Do not let anyone tell you who you are. - Kamala Harris