Belarus country guide

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Belarus country guide

Belarus, being small, usually gets targeted early. However the small size makes defending and relocating units easier.

Poland always seems to attack early and hard. Hence bunkers in the western cities and Minsk along with infantry and recon are needed. Bunkers, along with the
      infantry defence bonus are truly lethal to these heathen invaders from the west. After the slaughter is over launch a counter attack if possible and pick off Warsaw which will no doubt be unguarded.

Ukraine is another serious threat to watch out for. Russia with so many borders is a lesser immediate threat. Consider joining/making a coalition that includes one of these three neighbors to prioritize your defence focus.

Motorised infantry research is needed. These are the core of your army, the mortar abilty is amazing late game. Because you face so many threats, air superiority fighters are needed as the ultimate air defence. Tank destroyers are a safe choice.

Mid to late game consider rocket launchers stacked with radar and mobile aa, screened by td+infantry+aa. Cruise missiles launched from your air sup fighters make a flexible and dangerous combo in support.

I usually end up annexing a couple of coastal cities like Vilnius or Sevastopol to get a navy going. Amazing how often the Navy is what finally wins the late game confrontations.

I like playing Belarus as it is always available to play and people underestimate it.

Slava Belarus!

The post was edited 1 time, last by HulkHogann ().

• Hi,

Starting from here, your strategy applies to basically every nation.

HulkHogann wrote:

Motorised infantry research is needed. These are the core of your army, the mortar abilty is amazing late game. Because you face so many threats, air superiority fighters are needed as the ultimate air defence. Tank destroyers are a safe choice.

Mid to late game consider rocket launchers stacked with radar and mobile aa, screened by td+infantry+aa. Cruise missiles launched from your air sup fighters make a flexible and dangerous combo in support.

I usually end up annexing a couple of coastal cities like Vilnius or Sevastopol to get a navy going. Amazing how often the Navy is what finally wins the late game confrontations.

I like playing Belarus as it is always available to play and people underestimate it.
      Reconsider the following: For the ressources you spend in Developing Fleet and annexing cities. you could have developed and build an overwelming stack of naval bombers. A truly underestimated unit.

OTherwise: In Flashpoint it is not necessary to set sail...I usually ignore the US...
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • Don't forget mitigation. It's actually the first reason why you would consider the extra rare material cost :D
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • 1.Naval AWACS is useless...I pointed that out somewhere else...if you need to check your waterways - you either go AWACS or you go naval bomber. Means you need to see those silly submarines if you spy the ocean. And with a Range of 3500km...you dont really need a carrier for takeoff/refuel.

2.The damage stats of a stealth bomber do not convince me. I prefer stealth fighters - if I really have a long term game upcoming where the invest pays off - if i see what I like (orr dont like) while spying with my stealth i wanne kill it.
      No stealth unit can reveal the exact units type. So if you see a flying helicopter or aircraft - you get the details and decide if to attack them.
      I would not attack a groudn unit with support untis in them just in case I meet a SAM. And thats through the hard process of learning with cost me 3 stealth fighters)

3.Every player not using AWACS or radar units(on small maps) is practically operating in the fog...If we meet in a game...you can be sure I have them ;)
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • adding something for Germanico: I would not mind if Naval Bombers receive aircarrier ability on tier 3...that would make me reconsider getting a carrier to avoid the long flighttimes while hunting submarines
      (Did I mention that I hate hunting submarines...its like the needle in the haystack)
    • no, no and no...... you're so wrong

Another country I play is Phillipines. In that country navy comes first. Very little would carry over from the Belarus guide.

Furthermore my tightly grouped Philippines navy of 4X stacks of fully researched 1 cruiser, 2 destroyers and 2 frigates would positively shred your naval bombers(as you call them).

Actually any reasonably organized navy running some frigates is probably going to wipe out your navy bombers.

I really do like naval strike fighters and have used them. However I fail to see how they can reliably project power over long distances like a decent navy can.

As for flashpoint I don't play that.... just feels wrong.

kurtvonstein wrote:

Hi,

Starting from here, your strategy applies to basically every nation.

HulkHogann wrote:

Reconsider the following: For the ressources you spend in Developing Fleet and annexing cities. you could have developed and build an overwelming stack of naval bombers. A truly underestimated unit.
      OTherwise: In Flashpoint it is not necessary to set sail...I usually ignore the US...