New Elite Helicopters

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • New Elite Helicopters

      I have not played CON in several months, not since the 2 new Elite units were added.

      I am playing a 64 player battle right now, I saw a player, he had 1 win in 17 games joined, dominating the map, he reached 100 Cities taken like it was nothing.

      I talked to 2 veteran Players he was headed for, they said they know strategy pretty well and know what to build and were ready for him.

      He defeated one taking some prety good losses, to the 2nd one attacked him thinking he was weak, he said he lost 19 units to his 3, and that he had 4 AA units to deal with the New ELite Choppers,

      I talked to this guy and he said he has been winning and beating everyone so easily with the Elite CHoppers, he said they go through anything, and that they are the best unit in the game by far.

      MY question is, is that really true, can his success really be attributed to these Elite Choppers, and what is anyone else's experience in either using these new Choppers or battling them.

      Could they actually be too strong, I always move very fast in a battle and in over 50 games joined, 90% of the time I'm leading in cities taken, because that's how I play, but this guy blew

      me away, I was 2nd in cities and he had me 3-1 this has never happened by such a margin so quickly, some countries just quit because they said he was using the ELite's to wipe out everyone.
    • The new elite attack helicopters are really strong, they make the ordinary attack helicopter kind of a waste of resources. Very cheap research and stuff. Building are not that cheap on the other hand.

      But they are for sure not unbeatable. Well leveled ASF will still shredd them into pieces.

      Building level 3 airport and building elite helicopters takes time and is not cheap. He proabably speed up his progress with gold.


      Without knowing the units of these veteran players it is hard to tell, how well they really know strategy though.
    • Elite choppers are strong, but i'd reasonably doubt they are alone reason for victory.

      This said, devs are considering a nerf. (they are indeed strong to the point of making normal helicopters redundant)
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Elite chopper is nice, just with some disbalance. It completely make unplayable standard attack chopper.


      This issue was different with previous elite MBT, where standard MBT still is playable together with elite (standard MBT still is best for people, who use MBTs massively in early/middle game, but elite is good for people who dont use tanks in early game, but want have them in late game). So I hope devs finde some logical balance for choppers also.

      Wow elite choppers just nerfed already ...

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Raf ().

    • Well The Elite Choppers are still bait for Air superioritoy fighters (even without the nerf) and you can not spawn them as they have limited numbers.

      It just kicks all players that only do tanks and infantry...teaches them a lesson about helicopters...

      And yes SAMS are useless...but the woudl with other choppers too.


      Its a pitty but it will make people think about air defense in the early game....hopefully.
      Alle sagten: Das geht nicht. Dann kam einer, der wusste das nicht und hat es einfach gemacht.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by kurtvonstein ().

    • Kalrakh wrote:

      10 units are more than you will probably ever need, if you don't work with pure stacks, I do not consider this limitation a real drawback.

      The smart player does not let his choppers get bait, because he does not let his choppers get seen. :)
      So you wait till day 22 till your choppers have stealth before attacking ;)

      An yes at day 22 10 choppers is more then I ever need...But i talk about early game dynamics...
      Alle sagten: Das geht nicht. Dann kam einer, der wusste das nicht und hat es einfach gemacht.
    • @kurtvonstein you write: "So you wait till day 22 till your choppers have stealth before attacking "

      I have the feeling your examples are constructed to simply criticize balancing without actually ever using them in the first place.
      You even say so yourself in some posts: so how about actually trying them out and then telling us what worked and what didn't?
      By now you should have noticed that we care a lot about what the community says, but it needs to be based on facts, not theory.

      UPDATE: I do see your point of requiring some further economical balancing and promise to look into it.
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Germanico ().

    • kurtvonstein wrote:

      Kalrakh wrote:

      10 units are more than you will probably ever need, if you don't work with pure stacks, I do not consider this limitation a real drawback.

      The smart player does not let his choppers get bait, because he does not let his choppers get seen. :)
      So you wait till day 22 till your choppers have stealth before attacking ;)
      An yes at day 22 10 choppers is more then I ever need...But i talk about early game dynamics...

      No, I don't talk about the real stealth, I talk about the radar stealth nature of helicopters.
    • Germanico wrote:

      @kurtvonstein you write: "So you wait till day 22 till your choppers have stealth before attacking "

      I have the feeling your examples are constructed to simply criticize balancing without actually ever using them in the first place.
      You even say so yourself in some posts: so how about actually trying them out and then telling us what worked and what didn't?
      By now you should have noticed that we care a lot about what the community says, but it needs to be based on facts, not theory.

      UPDATE: I do see your point of requiring some further economical balancing and promise to look into it.
      Did I miss something? The Elite chopeprs get stealth with day 22 thats what I am refering to. What are you talking about?
      Alle sagten: Das geht nicht. Dann kam einer, der wusste das nicht und hat es einfach gemacht.
    • Kalrakh wrote:

      kurtvonstein wrote:

      Kalrakh wrote:

      10 units are more than you will probably ever need, if you don't work with pure stacks, I do not consider this limitation a real drawback.

      The smart player does not let his choppers get bait, because he does not let his choppers get seen. :)
      So you wait till day 22 till your choppers have stealth before attacking ;-)An yes at day 22 10 choppers is more then I ever need...But i talk about early game dynamics...
      No, I don't talk about the real stealth, I talk about the radar stealth nature of helicopters.
      I dont know, what you are talkign about. As soon as you fly over enemy country your heliscopters are visible.
      Alle sagten: Das geht nicht. Dann kam einer, der wusste das nicht und hat es einfach gemacht.
    • Yes. Not "that defensive", but mostly "counter offensive". I can talk of what i saw when i fought Kalrakh in the international melting pot :

      He uses them at the edge of radar visibility mostly, to give his opponent (me in the occurence) as little "reaction time" as possible, or he forces me to risk AWACS to see a bit more deeper in his lines... and take higher risks.

      Add to that that he systematically uses balanced helicopter stack (like 2+1+1+1 composition with varied helicopters), it's REALLY hard to shoot down his groups even with high activity. I became paranoïd on the border frontline, to check repeteadly if those freaking helicopters were attempting anything.

      I'm pretty sure that in public maps, you can use them more agressively of course, but against me, i had all the troubles of the world to manage to shoot them down properly, and only managed to "beat" them through risky usage of my own ASFs or Radar. Most of the time, i would chase them, manage to get one shot at them with the ASFs, but then, his chopper group was like 40% health (with one or two casualties MAX because 1 one each helicopter officer included), and he sent them healing in high level hubs... 24 hours after, the same helicopters come back at full life to make your life a hell :D

      Ultimately, his helicopters didn't killed so much things due to my vigilance, but they were much more than worth their price because they forced me to tire myself in a 24/24 7/7 tiring watch.

      Overall, especially in a coalition battle like the International melting pot, a guy playing helicopters like Kalrakh does could break the calm and discipline of a too eager player, and leads him into critical mistakes or trap.

      Very interesting to see and fight against !
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • 1) Have a AWAC reveal all enemie troops
      2) Kill everything close to your border with patrol
      3) Conquer with infantry undefended territory
      4) Continue with 2)

      If they are foolish enough to enter my territory, even better. :D

      @Opulon:
      That my helicopters did not kill that much, was also due to the fact, that my teammates already lost most of their airforce, falling for your trap :(
    • Deal with the hastati first, then tire out the triarii, and ultimately, kill them :D


      PS : this said, even with your allies out of the way... people without a REALLY good martial training and ability to keep calm under pressure can't really hold "the line" against your style of harassment.

      I know more than one self-proclaimed "champion" that would snap. And they would snap by doing the worst mistake of them all : rushing .
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.

      The post was edited 2 times, last by Opulon ().