CYBER BLACK UPDATE (191128)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Well I cant talk much about what happened in other games and how people didnt defend with superiority against the elite chopper. But to be honest. Very few players build the FLAK(heli AA) so I kind of dominate every game with the Anti-inf Choppers. Its enough till lets say day 15 when everyone has upgraded his inf or there are so many tanks around that it takes ages...At this point I need an other damage dealer and Artillery will happily take this place.

Actually I would love to know, why people did not defend with air superiority fighters against Elite Helis. They must have ripped them apart anyway...

@Germanico First Thanks for your words. Really touched me. What I wanted to say is, that an Elite Unit can be Elite and should have outstanding stats. But it should not be so cheap in Research and Build. Due to the cost Ithink twice before i get the heli general - but with elite chopper i dont give a second thought. With the old elite choppers stats, you spend the costs for anti tank choppers and got half a superiority fighter, and a chopper general. I mentioned it once that I run this game like a business. I check that stats of all units and try the get the best bang for my money.

The Elite tanks looks nice to me...but for this money I can get 2 anti tanks doing the same work. But this is basically my way of gameplay. I dont waste my troops. Tanks are not my damage dealer because they wear off while fighting and repairing takes to long. And loosing units means I have to replace them and replacing costs resources...
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • "why people did not defend with air superiority fighters against Elite Helis"

For the same reasons many people do not defend with SAM against Planes, i guess :D
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • Opulon wrote:

"why people did not defend with air superiority fighters against Elite Helis"

For the same reasons many people do not defend with SAM against Planes, i guess :D
      Well in that chase, its not the fault of elite choppers stats...they would have lost a war against players with normal choppers too...

The news about season Elite choppers just made "first time chopper users" build choppers to try them and they were surprised how effective they are.

BTW: I love SAMS...
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • I always build helicopter officer, he is in my eyes a must have for public games. 1-2 gunships, 2-3 elite choppers & 1 officer is a devestating force.

3 or 4.5 vs air on max does not really make a huge difference, it is need to keep low level ASF away, but high level ASFs will wreck you anyway.

DPA (damage per attack) and low research costs are for me still the main advantage from elite choppers, so the nerf was hardly a scratch in that regard.
    • I will consider what you guys are saying and reevaluate the economic balancing of ALL elite units: Tank and Heli - including their stats. So it may be that there will be more balancing with them in the future.
      My biggest beef with the Heli at this point was rather, that it felt to strong in comparison to some of the other units. We need to be careful not to create "hot-butter-knife" or "cookie-cutter" units which in turn render whole technology branches obsolete. That's the real balancing conflict: Make them awesome but at the same time don't rubbish all other units.
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • Germanico wrote:

@Dealer of Death as an experienced player you should know that every player can play with the elite helicopters from day one onward ... you only earn them permanently after obtaining enough points. Important difference.

I'm just going to assume this wasn't flippant, but was an answer directed at a misunderstood aspect, because we both know they are NOT realistically available from day 1 without using Gold. Research and buildings necessary prevent that. Not to mention if you don't usually juggle multiple games and were involved with another game where they aren't grandfathered in when the season starts as was I. You guys made me feel like the person in the Geico commercial who has the dollar bill dangled in front of them from the fishing pole.
      ... and I would still please like to hear, if why, since they WERE limited in number, you list that as a reason for nerfing them, when their being limited and therefore not affecting game balance as much, is all the more reason NOT to nerf them.
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • ewinner wrote:

I know it says running games, but I haven't seen the building changes put into effect in my 4 running games. Was there a cutoff? All but one of the 4 was on day 30 or further.
      What they mean is, only the change to the Elite Attack Helicopter effects running games. Other changes only affect newly created games.

Dealer of Death wrote:

Germanico wrote:

@Dealer of Death as an experienced player you should know that every player can play with the elite helicopters from day one onward ... you only earn them permanently after obtaining enough points. Important difference.

I'm just going to assume this wasn't flippant, but was an answer directed at a misunderstood aspect, because we both know they are NOT realistically available from day 1 without using Gold. Research and buildings necessary prevent that. Not to mention if you don't usually juggle multiple games and were involved with another game where they aren't grandfathered in when the season starts as was I. You guys made me feel like the person in the Geico commercial who has the dollar bill dangled in front of them from the fishing pole.
      ... and I would still please like to hear, if why, since they WERE limited in number, you list that as a reason for nerfing them, when their being limited and therefore not affecting game balance as much, is all the more reason NOT to nerf them.

What Germanico meant: Everyone can use Elite Attack Helicopter during this season. Nodody needs to unluck them first.
    • Kalrakh wrote:

ewinner wrote:

I know it says running games, but I haven't seen the building changes put into effect in my 4 running games. Was there a cutoff? All but one of the 4 was on day 30 or further.
      What they mean is, only the change to the Elite Attack Helicopter effects running games. Other changes only affect newly created games.

Dealer of Death wrote:

Germanico wrote:

What Germanico meant: Everyone can use Elite Attack Helicopter during this season. Nodody needs to unluck them first.
      Yes sir, I KNOW that, and what I was saying is that is an unimportant fact vs reality. (not really being able to use them until you've done research on another helo, that helo, built airport X3 AND arms Industry)
      *** The Creator of Zombie Farming ***
      The KING of CoN News!!!
      The "Get off my lawn!" cranky CoN Forums Poster - not affiliated with Dorado in any way

"Death comes to us all. Shall I deal you in?" - DoD
    • I think the elite helicopter must have also different power like the elite tank.
      For eastern doctrin the elite heli is perfect. You research the better gunship helicopter and the elite helicopter. The gunship is better against soft target and the elite against armor.
      But for western doctrin we need an elite helicopter with more power against soft targets and less against armor, so we can combine the elite with the western attack helicopter.
      For the europe doctrine may be a helicopter with a little bit more defense against other helicopters.
      „Morgen, ihr Luschen!“ --- „Morgen, Chef!“ (Ausbilder Schmidt alias Holger Müller bei der Arbeit)