how to use web account in steam game app?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• how to use web account in steam game app?

Hi,
      I've been playing CoN for a few months now using Chrome and I just discovered there's a game app downloadable from Steam. So I tried that and for some reason, the game loads with a new account (that I didn't create). I assume it created a new CoN account from my Steam account.

How can change the CoN account used in the game app from Steam and use the same account I've been using for months in Chrome?

I know, I don't want to play games with 2 accounts... I just want to use the same account that I've been using in Chrome and start using it in the game app.

In the Chrome version of the game, there's a button to log out. When you come back, you need to login again. But in the game app, the same button is actually a "disconnect" which terminates the game app. When I reopen the game, it logs me in automatically using the wrong account.
      From the settings, I tried deleting the new account (from the game app) but it appears I don't have the password (tried evereything I can think of).
      I also followed the instruction to clear the game app cache.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks
    • ok so that ranked 1 account (ketch20100) is now disconnected from my steam game app...
      But I'm still unable to login to the game app with the same account as the one I use in Chrome.
      I use the same login and password in the game app as the website but in no time it tells me : Invalid username or password .
      If I try any other combination hit PLAY, nothing happens. the "invalid username or password" remains. It doesn't even blink or anything. I'm not even sure if the app really tries to log me in again...

abtways, my logon is [email protected]
      can you help me use it in the game app from Steam?
      thank you
    • ketchose wrote:

ok so that ranked 1 account (ketch20100) is now disconnected from my steam game app...
      But I'm still unable to login to the game app with the same account as the one I use in Chrome.
      I use the same login and password in the game app as the website but in no time it tells me : Invalid username or password .
      If I try any other combination hit PLAY, nothing happens. the "invalid username or password" remains. It doesn't even blink or anything. I'm not even sure if the app really tries to log me in again...

abtways, my logon is [email protected]
      can you help me use it in the game app from Steam?
      thank you
      you need to use your Ingame name to log in via steam
      password always the same expect if it got changed
    • ingame name... is it what shows up in the main page above my rank or is it my email address in the setting page?
      In any case, I tried both and got "Invalid username or password."
      However, once I try one and get the error message, it feels as if it doesn't even try to log me in again with other login info. Do I need to completely close and restart the game between each attempt?
      After too many failed attempts, does my account lock? (how many attempts and for how long? on the web, my account is always available).
    • ketchose wrote:

ingame name... is it what shows up in the main page above my rank or is it my email address in the setting page?
      In any case, I tried both and got "Invalid username or password."
      However, once I try one and get the error message, it feels as if it doesn't even try to log me in again with other login info. Do I need to completely close and restart the game between each attempt?
      After too many failed attempts, does my account lock? (how many attempts and for how long? on the web, my account is always available).
      @Yak @Alphh
    • So in Steam, see 1st image attached.

When I start CoN from Steam, it gets to the login page and it's as if it wants to create an account in the name of Vince. If I choose not to and try to login using my ketchose game id or [email protected] (game email) it doesn't work. see 2nd image attached (sorry it's in French, but you get the idea)
      Files
      • 1.png

(8.31 kB, downloaded 37 times, last: )
      • 2.png

(800.4 kB, downloaded 3 times, last: )
    • Bonjour,

Pour vous connecter au jeu avec un compte déjà existant, vous ne devez pas remplir la zone "Choisissez votre nom" mais la zone "Nom d'utilisateur" et "mot de passe" puis cliquer sur le bouton "Connecter". La zone où vous devez entrer un nom c'est en cas de la création d'un nouveau compte.
    • Plutot que de répondre des absurdités, lisez le post...

Mais au cas où vous lisez pas l'anglais : le problème est que je me connecte très bien au jeu à partir de Chrome. Mais mon login se fait à partir de mon compte Facebook.
      Je veux utiliser l'application Steam, qui ne m'offre pas de me connecter avec mon compte Facebook. Donc dans la section du bas, j'ai essayé d'entrer mon game ID, mon adresse email, le login qui est enregistré dans Chrome, etc. rien n'y fait.
      Le dernier post Yak demandait mon Steam game ID ce qui est réflété par défaut dans le champ "Choisissez votre nom" dans CoN/Steam. Mais j'ai bien essayé d'entrer mes informations plus bas, mais sans succès.
      Yak semblait dire qu'il fallait lier mon compte Steam à mon compte CoN ???
    • ketchose wrote:

So in Steam, see 1st image attached.

When I start CoN from Steam, it gets to the login page and it's as if it wants to create an account in the name of Vince. If I choose not to and try to login using my ketchose game id or [email protected] (game email) it doesn't work. see 2nd image attached (sorry it's in French, but you get the idea)
      hey buddy you filled in to create a account you need to have the last 2 fields (First is Your name/Gmail Second one is your password
    • On vient me voir pour vous répondre en français, et c'est ainsi que vous prenez ma réponse. J'ai lu rapidement les posts et j'ai surtout vu les images où vous essayez d'entrer un pseudo pour créer un nouveau compte alors que vous voulez vous co.

Mais je vois que la mentalité des joueurs FR n'ont pas changé et ne changera probablement jamais. Quand ils ont pas de réponse ils sont pas content, et quand on en apporte une ils nous crachent dessus.

Démerdez vous.
    • Martijn wrote:

ketchose wrote:

So in Steam, see 1st image attached.

hey buddy you filled in to create a account you need to have the last 2 fields (First is Your name/Gmail Second one is your password
      I did not. I was only showing that by default, when I start CoN from Steam, that is what it shows. It shows "Vince" in the "Choose your name" field as if I wanted to create an account. But even if I do try to use the bottom section and use my real Game ID (which I believe is "Ketchose" or any other combination (email for instance as I usually login using my Facebook account in Chrome) then it doesn't work.

@Yak seemed to be on a good track trying to match my Steam account with my CoN account. I'd like to know more about that part...