Strategies for different countries

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Strategies for different countries

Hello everyone! This is my first time on the forum, so if I made any mistakes please tell me so I can rectify them.

The purpose of this thread is to see everyone's strategies for different countries, so we can see what can handle that strategy and what can be improved. Basically, over here you can discuss everything about your strategy and other's strategies.

Have a good day.

P.S. i left the tags blank because im not familiar with them.
      Currently on (potentially permanent) hiatus

Instead of choosing wings to fly, we chose hands to hold with each other.

Yet the sky still fascinates us, is it such a crime to keep on dreaming?
    • personally like countries countries with close cities that are on edge/corner of maps and/or natural terrain defense on world map: this allows quick gathering of troops and can defend with central air strik fighters while can focus defend/attacks in one direction.

Euro map: Syria (start with small country but 5 cities all clustered); 1 port to defend. get a Corvette fast to block from incoming transport. By land Turkey generaly attacks in a pass between mtn to northwest corner but their cities are 1 plus day march away.

Build Inf and really Nat gurad units quick and move to attacked to closest cities. can build 3 NG units per day per city and swarm. Build road logistics and can get to fight way fastr than turkey. From there build Air strike as fast as possible and work through turkey.

WW3: Mayanmar about same strategy as have natural defense with ocean to south and mtns to north (china not coming that early as generaly goes north o r east worried about russia/koreas; etc). But need ally in India and/or thailand. attack the other. can over take thailand quickly.

Cuba: Build strong Navy / defend with air/chppers. generally no one going to bother you too early. on Euro map can take USA pretty easily as can gather 2 - 3 cities troops fast and attack miami. USA cities so scattered takes days to get down there and out of range of DC airbase early.

Algeria in Euro: basically a big island. take two auto countries to east/west control big part of southern edge map. blockade rock of Gilbralter and put some ships off Italy and can control most of med. either go through spain or Italy. France is a key ally here.

Australia: NAVY...NAVY...NAVY and Airstrike. take out New Zealand... get allies in Asia (philipeanes or indo neasia) attack the other. most wont attack for a long time as long journey and risky to sail big stacks at you. but need navy to stop tansports or any navy that comes your way. you cant attack via land so will need strong navy to clear path for transports than establish air field as island hop way to asia mainland.

Overall startegy is build economy of close by auto countries fast / form alliance with good players near buy and then attack those who you dont allie with. Its a big fish/litte fish game. getting bigger faster to avoid get eaten and eat smaller fish and get bigger...etc.

Lately been trying different countries to try different strategies.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp

The post was edited 1 time, last by The Pale Rider ().

• Idk my strategy is pretty much the same for the countries i play:
      - killing of weak neighbours as early and fast as possible
      - elimating threats as early as possible (if im playing navy other ppl going for a strong navy too will obviously be my focus)
      - trying to prevent strong coalitions on the continent im on just by killing of their weaker members
      - not really participating in any diplomacy/coalition until late game so i pretty much have the advantage that i can choose

thats unless im playing with ppl from my alliance than its mostly just a curbstomp of the other ppl on the map unless they spend a ton of gold
      and nuke us to the stone age
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • Thank you for reminding me that this thread existed.

I personally like island countries (Australia and New Zealand are prime examples) due to them being surrounded totally be Water and therefore being relatively hard to get to (especially New Zealand. Know why NZ in real life has a very weak armed forces? Because they think they are safe being so far away!). I focus on air and navy then concentrate on arming my cities. Then an alliance with Indonesia to attack Australia if NZ; if playing Australia I Attack NZ. On one occasion however I formed an coalition with Indonesia and New Zealand and sent my forces up with them to eat Southeast Asia (we ate Japan too ;)
    • 737373elj wrote:

Thank you for reminding me that this thread existed.

I personally like island countries (Australia and New Zealand are prime examples) due to them being surrounded totally be Water and therefore being relatively hard to get to (especially New Zealand. Know why NZ in real life has a very weak armed forces? Because they think they are safe being so far away!). I focus on air and navy then concentrate on arming my cities. Then an alliance with Indonesia to attack Australia if NZ; if playing Australia I Attack NZ. On one occasion however I formed an coalition with Indonesia and New Zealand and sent my forces up with them to eat Southeast Asia (we ate Japan too ;)
      If you have a decent navy you can just go solo through the pacific
      I am The Baseline for opinions