Day-Night visual improvements

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Day-Night visual improvements

A possible aesthetic change would be to include different visuals for day and night in the game, allowing the player to know whether it is day or night. night could be darker shades to make seeing more difficult.
      this is just aesthetic of course :D
      Currently on (potentially permanent) hiatus

Instead of choosing wings to fly, we chose hands to hold with each other.

Yet the sky still fascinates us, is it such a crime to keep on dreaming?
    • Also, it is not night for the entire world at the same time. The shading would have to look like this over an in-game day

And over an in-game year, the map itself would have to change

While I do think this is a great idea and would love to see the actual time and date in the game (perhaps starting the timer from the day the game was created given than the ai leaders are the same as the current real life leaders), I'm not sure if the devs will implement it because of the work required. Indeed, this would vastly improve the realism of the game and would be one of the first things a new player would notice. If one real life day corresponds to one ingame week (which is roughly true based on unit move speed), each day would pass in 51 minutes on a 4x game. On CoN's internal 120x server, each minute would pass in less than 2 minutes! :S

The post was edited 2 times, last by OneRandomPlayer ().

• oh i like it, and would like it even more if terrain would change according to the climate, but i´m afraid this is some years ahead ;)
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Dorado Games
      DE - Team Lead
      Conflict of Nations

"That was not me, it was already broken!"