Defence against a stack of Cruisers?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Defence against a stack of Cruisers?

It seems a stack of 5 x Level 5 Cruisers is almost unstoppable against coastal cities and naval units. Sending in strike jets or Subs is almost suicidal with such little gain IMO.

Coastal defence with longe range arty/rocket launchers is only effective if Level 5 - 100 range to match the Cruiser attack range. Is that correct?

So the only solution so far is your own stack of 5 Cruisers + an additional stack of Cruisers/Destroyers.

Secondly, I fired a conventional cruise missile (HP 4) against a stack of 3 Cruisers + 2 Destroyers *(Eastern doctrine) but it was shot down! :!: What went wrong here? Do Eastern doctrine Cruisers/Destroyers have higher ATK rating against missiles?
    • 5 cruiser stacks are indeed nasty. A stack of 5 attack subs will kill those cruisers with ease. You will have to be tricky tho to ensure your subs are in deep water when attacking...just approach from deep water you should be ok. Attack subs however are also a huge investment to have sitting around.

A big bunch of rocket launchers may do it if you sacrifice some tanks to draw the cruiser fire away but that would be relying on some extreme fail micro skills of your opponent.

A generic take all comers navy I typically run would comprise a tightly grouped force of 3 stacks of 3destroyers+2frigates...it can handle most jobs but would struggle with 5 cruisers. If you can time your attack to just after the cruiser fires a salvo at your city you will at least get the first shot in - giving you the win.

Otherwise you'll need fully researched cruise missiles, they have hp well in excess of what the cruisers can handle. Punching thru their defence and sending them to the bottom.

The post was edited 2 times, last by HulkHogann ().

• 5 Cruisers stack is easy target for attack submarines cose have very low antisubs.
      If you dont have leveled ports and dont want build navy you may build and use naval patrol aircrafts, they also may easy kill cruisers not supported by frigates.
      Cruise missiles using against navy is worst idea until you have at least T2 CM with 11 hit points. Every ships (same as land units) have not AA aura only, but also "point" defense against incoming missiles so even cruisers with lowest anti-missile abilities may easy destroy low level missiles in stack and this fact isnt depended from any doctrine. As per my personal experience missiles have chance around 20% to pass point defense.

I play a lot last time as "full navy" style and never build cruisers at all due to their low anti-air and anti-subs abilities. Same as mentioned above by HulkHogann, I always prefer have several x5 stacks mixed DD+FR, supported by few carriers.