Your standard assault force

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Your standard assault force

Exactly what the title says. What units do you send when attacking an enemy?

I have not played many games, but I am testing out a stack of 3x Airborne Infantry, 3x AFV, 1x MBT, 3x ASF, 1x Strike Fighter, 4x destroyer and 2x naval infantry. Possibly includes 1 CRV and 1 towed artillery depending on how things go.
      Currently on (potentially permanent) hiatus

Instead of choosing wings to fly, we chose hands to hold with each other.

Yet the sky still fascinates us, is it such a crime to keep on dreaming?
    • That's a really small force IMO
      What scale of conflict are you looking at?

Depending on doctrine I ussually bring 2-3 stacks of line infantry (motorized or mechanized) that have some armour mixed in (MBT or Tank destroyer)
      This backed up by 2-4 SAMs, 1-2x5 ASF and 1-2 full stacks of artillery (type depends on doctrine again) with radar
      Note that this force will likely also include an officer or 2

If navy is required, for size and composition I tend to look at what my opponent has/could have

Something I also like to point out is that if you go for a stack composition like that you might be splitting your research a bit too much and could fare badly against a more specialized opponent
    • Generally the first country have to attack head on and gather what RCV/ INF I can to take first cities before they can rally the troops. After that try not to lose any units and key is to get better weapons. Attack force of choice is to take out port cities by Frig stacks and throw in an officer later on. off coast lead assault by 5 stack of air strike fighters to clear the path (if someone has big stack lauch cruise missiles with lvl4 strike fighter) also backup squad of air supp if run into a country with strong air supperior fighters. Key to building big army to spread fast is not to lose units. see countries throw large amount of units consistently losing 1/2 to 3/4 then rebuild next day. In last WW3 map my allies by day 45 had 50 units and i had 150 units and 4 times the territory.

Air : 5 Air strike or sometimes 1 air supp / 4 air strike and really just use air supp to absorb damage till get enough

Navy : 4 frigg / 1 navy officer (Decent ability to take out most navy; have great anti air so cant be taken out by air/missile; officer has sub detect and cruise missile launch)

Ground: Generally just build Inf/NG and fully research (goes for all but have 4 main force types so easy to max research). Lvl 6 basic inf stacks do pretty well. But in general take out enemies with better air / navy and not any inf stacks. use ground troops to take the territory (lead with inf just in case and NG trails to hold occupied cities and spread out as wide as possible to take territtory as fast as possible.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp