Limit of One province traded per day?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Limit of One province traded per day?

Hello I just encountered a situation in a game where I suffered chemical warhead attacks by an opposing player damaging two of my cities. However, in this particular war I was winning with nearly 3:1 casualties and I had shot down numerous bombers, subs, infantry, and warheads. Finally I delivered an ultimatum to him saying he had to make reparations to me in return for the damaged cities or suffer like kind and gave him one hour to respond. The form of reparations I asked for was territory he had captured nearby to my own home country and he was willing to give it to me in return for a ceasefire/peace. However upon trading one province he informed me that the game only allowed him to give me one province per day. I expect the answer to this is "to prevent exploitation through collusion". I suppose a friend could give another friend all their territory from the start allowing one player to control a massive super country. However, this really limits diplomatic options for me at this point in the game since I am ready to bring down the hammer on this player in retaliation for his attacks against me and he knows it, is scared of it, and wants to avoid it. But, I also only have one arrow in my quiver here and other countries and players to worry about. So my question, or request really, is there some way we can allow aggressive diplomacy tactics such as this, demanding reparations in the form of land for peace, while avoiding exploitation from unfair players?

Another example:
      This also applies to the trade of game money. I read a thread earlier (can't find it now) in which I believe Germanico indicated the trade of resources was allowed but money wasn't so as not to allow exploitation once again where friends collude and give their holdings to one player so he can win the game. I strongly stand against such tactics but once again this limits me diplomatically in a very complex game with 8 very active players. Recent example, I attacked and seized the capitol of one player but honestly was very worried about overstretching my forces. Due to spies I had in his country I knew he was VERY RICH and I would have liked to have held his capitol and ransomed it back to him. I even took care not to damage it when seizing it so I could make a good trade. However, once done I found I could not trade it to him for any of his currency and he soon left the game.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Agony ().

• @'Jamhougin I thought of that and did have troops on the ground taking them already, they were mainly empty provinces. But they were in mountainous and difficult terrain and would have taken 3 more days to capture them all. Meanwhile I had missiles flying at my homeland and while I was stopping some of them some were slipping through and finding civilian targets. If they were conventional weapons I wouldn't have been so ready for a ceasefire but it was day 36 in the game and the chemical warheads were pretty thick in the air. Also, as I mentioned I have other players to worry about as well. So while I would have liked to take the time for that order I was ready to re-orient to other threats. It is day 36 in the game and unit counts and technology are pretty high so time is a very precious resource when air units and missiles can move so fast.
    • hmm this is hard; I totally understated the reasons u cant just give gold, and land cuz of those exact reasons. However, it would be awesome if you could, as Agony said, ransom a capital. I did this exact thing I have nukes and I basically told my enemy gimme rss or ill make a radioactive mess. he paid me in supplies but what rlly needed was cash, I ended up just selling the supplies but I really didn't understated why cash cant be traded? I get gold and land and the 10% troops rules but y cash?
      as always just my 2 cents.
      As always just my 2 cents

Use Helicopters, Special forces or Stealth. Use your head to play - not the missile button. - Germanico

These terrorists aren't trying to kill us because we offended them. They attack us because they want to impose their view of the world on as many people as they can, and America is standing in their way. - Marco Rubio
    • I wasn't aware of the 10% troops rule but that is one I'm okay with since I don't see any reason for me to ever sell more than 10% of my army in a single day. In fact I have only thought of three circumstances in which I would trade troops so far. The first, is in trade in return for much needed resources from an ally or player. The second, as hostages or ransom for territory or peace to an enemy.

However it is the third that comes back once again to the inability to trade in game cash currency. NOT GOLD, just the money that is naturally generated. What I see here is this. I have in one of my games max rank air superiority fighters. I could build and sell these to allies or neutral players in return for currency/profit. There are many precedents in real life. The USA often sells aircraft and various other arms to allies abroad for money of course. So do most other armed countries of the world including those in Europe and elsewhere. Air fighters especially, with the last rank being a cost efficiency bonus would be very lucrative to sell to my allies or neutral parties. They are not attack platforms so I wouldn't have to worry about them being used against me (after all I could just build more of them than I sell to others). And with the cost efficiency bonus I could easily make a profit from them. Now I have not done this but have given it consideration. But you could trade for the resources except the cash (since you cannot trade cash as a resource) so you would have to find some way to either make a profit off additional resources or some other manner. In return the customer would receive the max rank unit that they were incapable of making and you receive a resource profit. Just make sure not to arrange this with a future enemy ;)