game mechanics - NAVY - city defense protection

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• game mechanics - NAVY - city defense protection

Seeking game mechanic details please.

NAVY: How can a person protect a city from NAVY craft from land or air while asleep :?:

....since artillery does not DEF RATING against Navy, that is out of question.
      .... Set AIR to Patrol ? (bad luck if frigates) Is this effective :?:
      ..... Seems no land unit can protect :?:
    • the best protection against a sudden naval invasion are corvetts and some activity so you can hope to catch them when disembarking and pin the transports; otherwise scouting is is a good option as transports usually take hours to get somewhere

if most of your homeland is landlocked you can just give up the invaded city, kill invaders and then retake the lost cities

and artillery can very much kill navy; they just dont deal that much damage
      about its def stats: the def stats of artillery are only used when its attacked in melee, ranged attacks use offensive stats
      I am The Baseline for opinions

The post was edited 1 time, last by Teburu ().

• if offline just really a navy stack to protect port. definitly will stop transport and slow down any advanced navy attack unless they hit you with major stack. Just played a game guy staked 9 mult rocket launchers ... devestating on ground like 60 hp hit per hr not sure what it does to navy.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • Buckeyechamp wrote:

if offline just really a navy stack to protect port. definitly will stop transport and slow down any advanced navy attack unless they hit you with major stack. Just played a game guy staked 9 mult rocket launchers ... devestating on ground like 60 hp hit per hr not sure what it does to navy.
      if youre offline tho and you both arent at war this big navy stack is useless
      also: if you’re at war corvetts should be enough, a fleet just sitting in front of your homeland are sitting ducks while offline
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • the navy stack will attack/if attack.. a corvette can easily be sunk due to les range. Ie if I have a stack of friggettes .. it has attack of 75 miles and most will have to get that close to attack. and ships will return fire... it also provides anti air so protects against planes bombing ahead of ground invasion. A single corvett is useless except in very early days of game. A frigg or above will attack it out of its range and be sunk without ever firing a shot. only thing it protects against is a transport only attack. But I for 1 never attacka port city till i know its clear by either attacking via ship or air. so if someone comes snooping by air your Anti air on frigs take out plane.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

• MJANE wrote:

this got off topic... I knw navy vs navy... what about artillery? what about air patrol? no?????
      Attack copters best bet I guess (good damage and gets below anti air) or strike fighters. Artillery will do minimal damage to any attacking force. I guess navy patrol as what designed for but dont like heavies as high cost and limited versatility and if a friggitte comes easy to get shot down.