Suggestion: Limit stack # of Mobile rocket Launchers

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Suggestion: Limit stack # of Mobile rocket Launchers

Just played a game and they had 9 lvl 5 rocket launchers at 100 pct and nearly impossible to beat. It had a hit per hr of like 65 HP at range of 100 miles. any stack would eat 130 to 170 HP just approaching for a battle depending on terrain (about 1/3 to 1/2 max armored stack can get) and if person is live they can just keep backing up and pick your stack apart. They mixed in a SAM and about unbeatable from ground or air. Only way to slow down was to time a ballistic nuke missile at a prov. But 99 pct of time opponents are not going to have this ability and this stack was entirely too powerful. The game is so good as every tactic has a counter; however allowing this large of stack made this virtually unstoppable. Would think a max of 5 without efficiency penalty like navy and planes would be a good leveling ability for a weapon of this destruction.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • :D ofc you‘ll have a hard time killing rocket launchers with ground units, but any air unit or missile will make short work with them
      one single sam wont do shit if you have more than 1 single plane attacking
      or just simply using helis
      or airassaulting on top of the stack
      or cruisemissiles
      if a stack of 9/1 rocketlaunchers/sams already appears unbeatable to you idk what to say

there are clear downsides to such „pure“ stacks, mainly they have almost no survivabilty
      there isnt really point in reducing the amount of RL youre able to stack

tl;dr: git gud
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • not if they put Sam / anti air with them with them. cruise missiles get shot down.. ballistic only thing that would take out. but either wy why allow such a large stack when you cant stack 9 of other units.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • Buckeyechamp wrote:

not if they put Sam / anti air with them with them. cruise missiles get shot down.. ballistic only thing that would take out. but either wy why allow such a large stack when you cant stack 9 of other units.
      a single sam (2/3/5.5) will have a hard time taking out a lvl 1 cm (3hp); taking out a cm of higher lvl (3/11/15) is impossible for a single sam
      mobile anti-air does even less damage against missiles
      as you already said; every tactic has a counter and so does this one
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • I would use attack helicopters. The most players use SAMs to protect their rocket launchers and the SAMs make no damage to the helicopters. And the attack helicopters have more power against armor than the strike fighters.
      „Morgen, ihr Luschen!“ --- „Morgen, Chef!“ (Ausbilder Schmidt alias Holger Müller bei der Arbeit)