Road? (military logistics)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I use them extensively, they have been included in alliance doctrin often, and my own skilled opponents use them extensively.

Could you define "top" ? :D
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • I use them early in mainland to be able to move troops from city /city for quick response and low cost worth it. after a bit have airbases in all cities and can fly. alternatively will put down a "highway" to move armor to the front if needed as dont like putting assets to sea if can be avoided. but in general dont use extensivly late in game in occupied unless ermergency to get troops to a battle faster than enemy. you traveling 50 pct faster on home turf vs an enemy traveling slower in hostile territory you are moving way faster.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • but opolun said need coalition members to pitch in to be effective. aka if ally under attack and need to help with troops tell him to lay down logistics in faster terrain possible. start with the largest width prov to get biggest bang for the buck on quickest path where you need to go
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • Usually it's more on supremacy that people go on the chat and are like :

"Player : Ah ! It was at least 5 years since i last played. The game changed so much and... oh, hello Opulon. Still playing ?"
      "Me : yep.
      Player : Still staff ?
      Me : yep"

:D
      Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
    • No, i have been, for a few monthes, CC on NWE. I do not like this position. It has a tendancy to break the individual in it, whatever the guy does, good or bad.

I am still MA FR on Supremacy (as i have been since 2013).
      I have been, for some time, MA FR on CoW, but i've worked to train someone to replace me. Currently i do not hold any position in CoW, while we are talking and cooperating.
      And of course, i'm TL here.

The reason why i'm not staff on CoW is not tied to the game being great or bad : I like to play a CoW round from time to time, it has its "unique taste". However, Supremacy is my cradle. I played it for 10 years, so, in the list of "positions and games i stop to play/work", it's amongst the last.

And CoN ? Let's just say that the local management deserves in itself volunteer work.
    • I am sure that you will get promoted... Some staff members take short way, start with GO and go all the way up. After all being part of a game is great, helping the game get better is the best! Anyways, I still play supremacy1914 but I am not very good and is pretty frustrating. They give you so many units in the beginning you basically cannot handle that and the unit production rate. I like CON because of it advanced units, large variety and different doctrines which is the same as COW but they are not skin, they are skin plus the model and different attack/defend counter. I want to continue playing CON but unfortunately it crashed and I am stuck. I have a bug report but not much response. So ya know what NM.
      Ryan04px2025

Conflict of Nations player

Former Call of War Player
      CoW Forum General

EN/FR/ES Forums