missiles and frigates

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• MJANE wrote:

Can missiles hit frigates? BM? CM? nuke?
      BM and ICBM can only target provinces, CM can target units

MJANE wrote:

If I fire 10 cruise missiles at one time, will it hit a task force of 2 frigates?
      depends mostly on level of both, but in general frigs are pretty much made for defending against missiles and lvl 1 cms suck anyway
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • As so often, Teburu is right.

It is nearly impossible to hit a frigate with a CM,
      The defense value of the frigate against Missiles is to high. Maybe in a situation with a high lvl CM and a lowtech Firgate, this migth work, espacially if you ae able to bait the AA Tck of the frigate.

CMs receive a massive HP-Boost at Tier2,
      but to be honest, CM is not a tool of choice against frigates.

ICBMs and BMs aren´t capable of targeting units, but both have a recent blast radius so maybe you are lucky if the frigate is lurking in the harbour.
      (keep in mind the frigate will fire against the ICBM or BM as well...)
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Dorado Games
      DE - Team Lead
      Conflict of Nations

"That was not me, it was already broken!"
    • Fereyd wrote:

As so often, Teburu is right.

It is nearly impossible to hit a frigate with a CM,
      The defense value of the frigate against Missiles is to high. Maybe in a situation with a high lvl CM and a lowtech Firgate, this migth work, espacially if you ae able to bait the AA Tck of the frigate.

CMs receive a massive HP-Boost at Tier2,
      but to be honest, CM is not a tool of choice against frigates.

ICBMs and BMs aren´t capable of targeting units, but both have a recent blast radius so maybe you are lucky if the frigate is lurking in the harbour.
      (keep in mind the frigate will fire against the ICBM or BM as well...)
      You almost have to play games with them... for example attack with a sacrificial lamb plane or missile to trigger Anti-Air ... then before the re-fire like in 8 min have planes just outside range fire several CM.

But only thing really good at anti air is attack choppers imo.. as a stack will take minimal damage.
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp