UPDATED DEVELOPER DIARY 16: RADAR OVERHAUL & BLOOD AND OIL

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• @kurtvonstein haha - yeah - it sort off looks like it. But in reality it feels a lot more "organic". Radar is not the "all seeing eye" but can be used. Regular spotting by sight will play a bigger role (we are also considering changing some sight ranges in line with this).
    Eg. gunship helicopters are losing their radar alltogether - cause they in reality don't have any. Attack helicopters on the other hand do - as they are usually focused on enemy tanks and other hard targets.
    So it will be a bit more "real" and a bit more "confusing" but that's actually really how it is irl. Radar is tricky and we use it on boats here in Malta - even on the sea radar can greatly mislead you...
    "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
  • I will miss the radar capabilities, radar is about second thing I research. I hope the new sightlines will reflect the drone scouting capabilities available to infantry. Also I might be fun when bigger infantry stacks (3+) at random cause a radar blimp/contact giving away their presence but only if the opponent is paying attention.
    Nukes don't conquer cities, boots do :evil:
  • It's a bit complex indeed and my fear when i'll get to test it.

Basically, they reintroduce semi-stealth.

basic infantry will not show on low-tier radar, while still visible if entering in your territory. It's an offensive nerf, so to speak.
    Spec Ops remain "true stealth".

Harder time for artillery in offense, mostly
    Running an online alliance is pretty much like running a small company, except you need to find other way than money to keep your employees productive. May they play or work, they are humans.
  • Great news!!! this update will not allow KON to turn into a game of one tactic, it will allow you to increase the number of development vectors... although there will be one drawback - this is even more specialization of allies on the map (read players of the same Alliance) and this will make life more difficult for "lone Rangers". But this will force them to unite and become a team... in General, I positively assess these measures!!!
  • I haven't played this game very long... WAAAAAY to MANY rolling CHANGES... waaaaay too often...

Just when some new players are learning the game in past couple months . Changes are thrown in randomly without advance notice. Bad business, what am I paying for. I am expecting certain things because that is the way it was.... then random, often, no notice changes occur !!!

so now RADAR changes too. just when a person learns certain mechanics... now there is no way to tell radar signatures of single infantry? so they are stealth in other words? giving advantage to certain units and taking away nerfing other units - just come out and say, stop beating around the bush.

it appears this game with lack of info and stupid responses in forums and support tickets... You all are a bunch of noobs in the gaming industry. As I have said from beginning, fine footprint for something special but you scare away half your potential players because documentation SUCKS. And to get responses like: well play the game more and learn for yourself from employees of this game is the must utterly stupid response by a BUSINESS I can ever think of !!!!!!!!!
  • @MJANE
    Welcome back then. I think you're right about documentation that leaves something to be desired. In my opinion without complexity the game is no fun. I supose there could be a light version of the game with simpler/basic mechanics. When you reach a certain level you are allowed to join the "real" players. That would save everybody a lot of frustration.
    Nukes don't conquer cities, boots do :evil:
  • This sounds like a huge change to my playstyle. I kind of live for blips, and I never build mobile radar. I'll have to start doing that, which is fine. I mourn the loss of detection by naval vessels and low-level fighters, though. No more naval vessels auto-firing on infantry units (outside of visual range)? Wow. i suppose it is a bit more realistic, but it certainly is going to change a lot of my play habits (which is fine; it will just take some getting used to).

Does mobile radar work while aboard naval transport?

And AWACS not picking up individual infantry until after improvements? Wow. That's probably THE main thing I use AWACS for (to see if there are solo infantry anywhere in larger areas).

Just so I'm sure I understand, there will now be no way to determine whether or not a city is occupied by an infantry unit or if it's empty with the exception of visual range and advanced (research-improved) radar, is that correct?

The post was edited 2 times, last by PerigeeNil ().

• Duinenstuiner wrote:

@PerigeeNil
    There is an advantage to that. If a city has a blimp, now you know it is support (artillery, MAA, SAM) or tanks.
    True, and a good point, but we could figure that out from a certain distance and from units like fighters before. It will make the difference you're indicating, but (for me) that won't outweigh not knowing whether or not there are zero units in a city.
  • Ack! Artillery won't be able to pick up infantry until they are across the border or in visual range!

Also, unless I have specific radar capabilities, I'm going to be in visual range before I know there's a patrolling stack of helicopters now?

So, unless I have improved AWACS/mobile radar, I could walk into a city/territory with a 10-stack of infantry and a patrolling stack of helos without knowing it until I'm in visual range of those units?

I need so many mobile radars now. That should be the Season 3 special unit.
  • Noob here.

Germanico:
    A. what is a Mk 1 eyeball ?
    B. when is this in effect- Jan 28?

PerigeeNil:
    C. i thought stacks can still be seen as a white blip but not single Inf. Is this accurate?

Developers:
    D. Will all this be clearly stated on the units capability ?
    E. Will this happen to games in progress?
    F. What will the UAV drone be able to detect?
    G. Quote: "Stealth Aircraft will in future have completely no radar". Is this not part of the upcoming changes just subsequent
    H. What can detect Stealth air fighters now?
    I. Does low radar signature = white blip?

Another million $$ question
    XYZ: Will new players ever get the luxury privilege of playing with Elite Battle Tank Fortress man eating wrecking balls ??? Is there any means for Noobs to be able to play with MK3's like mortgaging my house to play ???
    Will it ever be a level fair playing terms for Noobs to use these?

The post was edited 1 time, last by MJANE ().