UPDATED DEVELOPER DIARY 16: RADAR OVERHAUL & BLOOD AND OIL

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• UPDATED DEVELOPER DIARY 16: RADAR OVERHAUL & BLOOD AND OIL

+ + + + DEV DIARY: ENTRY 16 + + + +
    UPDATE 16 JAN 2020:

RADAR UPDATES
    After consulting with several alliances and their leaders, we’ve decided to make all infantry units no longer appear on regular radar. Only Mobile Radar from level 3 onward can now detect the low radar signatures of infantry units. Additionally, all helicopters now have a low radar signature as well, so rotary wing aircraft can only be picked up by AWACS advanced radar systems from level 4 onward. Finally, End Tier / High Level Fixed Wing Aircraft have also become hard to detect and will equally be classified as low radar signature targets. Stealth Aircraft will in future have completely no radar detection (similar to special forces infantry), but some radar and anti air systems such as SAM or Theater Defenses will still have “Anti-Stealth” capability in high levels, allowing them to un-stealth them within their visual sight ranges. In line with this change we implemented new radar related tool-tips, icons and terminology to streamline the gameplay for easier understanding. High Radar Signature means “normal” radar visibility for every radar, while Low Radar Signature indicates the new reduced cross-section allowing infantry and helicopters flying tactical to go “off-radar” unless encountering very strong/advanced radar technology. Note: Any Radar able to detect LOW signatures will of course be able to detect HIGH signatures as well.

MAP NEWS
    With real life events sometimes overtaking our game, we feel it is time to present you with our newest combat theater called “Blood And Oil”. It is a 50-Player map focused on tensions in the Middle East, Europe, North Africa and the Hindukush. On it we have added new strategic sites granting resources and Victory Points – focusing the gameplay on capturing and holding these important territories. Making a comeback are the newly equipped more dangerous and stealthy “New Caliphate” Guerilla - the most threatening insurgents in the game so far, with a tenacity the likes never seen before. Make sure to control your territory and not give them any room… at your peril.

Additionally, on Blood and Oil we have implemented the idea of new “shared” homeland provinces and cities, specifically: the cities controlled by US forces in Iraq, Afghanistan, Russian controlled cities in Syria and the Crimea, Turkish controlled cities in Libya, Chinese controlled cities in Djibouti, and lastly British controlled Belfast in North Ireland. These territories can be reconquered by their “de Jure” owners and immediately will be Homeland cities for said nation (basically these provinces and cities have two core / homeland owners – the occupying nation as well as the original owner nation).
    Dorado Games
    Conflict Of Nations

The post was edited 2 times, last by Yak ().

• Hello!

Radar updates - glad to see such interesting concept after some break. :)

"all infantry units no longer appear on regular radar"

I think it should depend on terrain - mountains, forests, jungle, could give some cover, jungle even stealth maybe. The question is - what about large stacks? Can they even move anywhere unnoticed? Maybe some overstack penalty beginning from 3 units like loosing 'quiet' movement. Yep, it sounds far from simplicity. :) Just a note.

"rotary wing aircraft can only be picked up by AWACS advanced radar systems from level 4 onward"

Hmm... so how to search for them effectively early game? Only by a sight range? Very 'time consuming'.
    Display Spoiler

"We rarely recognize how wonderful it is that a person can traverse an entire lifetime without making a single really serious mistake — like putting a fork in one's eye or using a window instead of a door."
    - Marvin Lee Minsky

• okay if were going this route then i say lets get rid of reegular infantry, naval infantry and mechanized infantry, because theyre now stealth so you should go to just having only special forces then because thats their job, it seems redundant to have four multiple things doing the same thing, plus this will dramatically cut down research time
    • hello
  • ross222 wrote:

okay if were going this route then i say lets get rid of reegular infantry, naval infantry and mechanized infantry, because theyre now stealth so you should go to just having only special forces then because thats their job, it seems redundant to have four multiple things doing the same thing, plus this will dramatically cut down research time
    thats completly wrong, they arent stealth and they still have completly different jobs
    I am The Baseline for opinions
  • Teburu wrote:

ross222 wrote:

okay if were going this route then i say lets get rid of reegular infantry, naval infantry and mechanized infantry, because theyre now stealth so you should go to just having only special forces then because thats their job, it seems redundant to have four multiple things doing the same thing, plus this will dramatically cut down research time
    thats completly wrong, they arent stealth and they still have completly different jobs
    as im reading it infantry will be stealth until a higher upgrade of fighters with better radar, if their basically going stealth 75% of the time lets just get rid of regular infantry across the board and use special forces like regular infantry i hate wishy washy stuff be one other the other
    • hello
  • ross222 wrote:

Teburu wrote:

ross222 wrote:

as im reading it infantry will be stealth until a higher upgrade of fighters with better radar, if their basically going stealth 75% of the time lets just get rid of regular infantry across the board and use special forces like regular infantry i hate wishy washy stuff be one other the other
    infantry wont get detected by radars early on, that much is true, but they still will be visible if in sight range of an aircraft, or when mixed wither other units, or when simply just moving into foreign territory... and they still will get detected by higher lvl of radar if they're alone
    they dont even remotely come close to specops :D
    I am The Baseline for opinions