Gold Free Elite Matches Explained

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Gold Free Elite Matches Explained

Help me understand please, as per my thread that was closed:

""" Nope. Won’t happen - tried it last year and decided it was not viable.

As Teburu stated: if you want to play competitively on esport levels please join an alliance and play Elite Matches.

CLOSED """

Well i didn't even get an opportunity to understand all the comments before the thread was closed.
      BTW, This has happened a few times where threads are closed prematurely to me have a learning Q&A. positive feedback, constructive criticism, complaining.... call it what you may. I am a glass half full type of thinker.

SOOOOO, what is "esport" and with these do you have to be a certain level?

is this an entry fee type game ?
      Is it without anyone getting a (cough, cough) a competitive edge (cough, cough) with $$$ money?
      and when would anyone ever deem it """competitive""" when someone is using their credit card ?
      SO, it was mentioned it was not "viable" to have an entry fee match? Is this because it was not viable meaning enough money earned to the game ?

If playing ELite matches is this an entry fee or limited in coinage opportunity? OR is it a gentlemen's agreement not to do it?
    • Elite Alliance Challgenge - no entry fee, gold usage is not possible at all, only once per month per alliance, minimum rank 25
      In Elite Alliances Matches you cant use gold even if you want ;)

However, non-elite matches can be played as often as you like. But use of gold is possible there -> gentlemens agreement is needed if you dont want gold usage
    • We Bulgaria 632AD play normal alliance wars 14 or 32 map(do not care about diskord and elitte blabla) . They are ranked(after some join player cap) and have ELO score for the alliance ranking .We do have so called gentleman agreement for ZERO GOLD but once our challengers wished to have gold in game so we used gold there . It is not possible to gold cheat as game moderators are able to check if gold was used in no gold game .
    • Kalrakh wrote:

Normal challenges will not be moderated, if one side breaks the gentlemans agreement, nothing really can be done.
      Hi Telerik,

Thank you for contacting us. I have checked the user in question and can assure you he did not use gold in this game. Normally we do not check for such things, but I will allow it this time.

Good luck in your game!
      Kind regards,
      Conflict of Nations | Community Manager

Dorado Games
      doradogames.com/about
    • Telerik wrote:

Kalrakh wrote:

Normal challenges will not be moderated, if one side breaks the gentlemans agreement, nothing really can be done.
      Hi Telerik,
      Thank you for contacting us. I have checked the user in question and can assure you he did not use gold in this game. Normally we do not check for such things, but I will allow it this time.

Good luck in your game!
      Kind regards,
      Conflict of Nations | Community Manager

Dorado Games
      doradogames.com/about
      Yes, they can check for it.

But nothing would have happened if he did. ;)
    • We of course can check - but we do not want to be the folks enforcing rules which technically harm our business.
      Dorado tolerates the fact that Alliances agree on rules such as "no gold spend", being players ourselves we understand this.
      But us having to police these games (which are basically against our economical interests) is asking a bit to much...
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • Germanico wrote:

We of course can check - but we do not want to be the folks enforcing rules which technically harm our business.
      Dorado tolerates the fact that Alliances agree on rules such as "no gold spend", being players ourselves we understand this.
      But us having to police these games (which are basically against our economical interests) is asking a bit to much...
      First game was zero gold ,but second game was gold on max. I asure you, we and opponents have payed our share for game development )) . I am not going to say how much i have spent there,just mention i have over 1,3 milion gm left for the next gold challenge if any . So you from Dorado have to be more flexible and find ways to offer us equall games from time to time for everyone, simply to compare our true skills . Somethimes i want to spend milions and feel like Godzilla, but other times i wish equality and fairness in sport .
    • Telerik wrote:

Germanico wrote:

We of course can check - but we do not want to be the folks enforcing rules which technically harm our business.
      First game was zero gold ,but second game was gold on max. I asure you, we and opponents have payed our share for game development )) . I am not going to say how much i have spent there,just mention i have over 1,3 milion gm left for the next gold challenge if any . So you from Dorado have to be more flexible and find ways to offer us equall games from time to time for everyone, simply to compare our true skills . Somethimes i want to spend milions and feel like Godzilla, but other times i wish equality and fairness in sport .
      Not sure what your point is, they already offer gold free alliance games with Elite Challenge, no better field to prove your true skill.