Human players still in the game?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Human players still in the game?

My first game, and trying to figure how which countries are human and which are computer. I'm getting conflicting information from different sources, and can't find anything on the forums, so I'm asking here. On my load screen it currently says there are 10/30 players (it's a Flashpoint game). This number seems to go up or down by one throughout the day. When it was still day 1-5 I figured it was just people going inactive and then someone else hopping in. However now I'm on day 6 and that is still happening I think. I thought people couldn't join after day 5?

Even more confusing, if I go to the Diplomacy screen I see 30 countries as being human players. On the map, I can click around on the different countries still in the game, and the major of them still say human controlled.

Should I just ignore the 10/30 on the load screen? Or do countries that have reverted to computer control due to inactivity still show up as human controlled?

This affects my strategy since I'm more likely to attack a computer controlled country than one by a human. I also don't want to waste time by trying to negotiate with a bot.
    • Computer passive? Not in my game. My northern neighbor had practically all of his adjacent countries declare war on him over the course of a day or two. I was thinking they were all human players, turns out only one was (the first one that declared war). I assumed all the other were human players that decided to take advantage. Turns out all 4 were computer players.

I had no idea he was fighting off 5 countries when he applied to be part of my coalition. Oh well, so far the computer controlled countries haven't done much, and haven't yet declared war on me, so fingers crossed. I've declared war on the human controlled country, so theoretically if we can break him the rest will go down easy.
    • Welcome to the game @Melcore_42 - good to have you on board.

The AI on Flashpoint is a bit "softer" and tuned down in its aggressiveness.
      This said, we recently revamped AI, so Teburu is quoting older experience...

One thing to remember about flashpoint is that this map is our tutorial - meaning usually somewhere beyond 50% of the players churn due to them not being interested in playing the game for longer.
      This is something we cannot change per se as a free 2 play game and we address this openly. It's also the reason why we have so many player slots on the map. It is also the only map where players are "segregated" by language.
      All other larger maps are "international" meaning all players of the game, irrelevant of their client language setting share the map. Lastly, Flashpoint is very popular even with experienced players for farming and talent scouting for alliances. So it serves many purposes and is generally very popular. Otherwise we wouldn't use it as a starting experience obviously.

//G
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf