motorized inf op?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Teburu wrote:

Stratieon wrote:

Ah. Well, as far motorized infantry spam is effective, it is for those same reasons that were earlier stated, and the fact that it actually has a surprisingly decent amount of combat power while ngs are going to get destroyed by pretty much any stack of anything. The main difference in choosing between mot inf and ngs is whether or not you want your units to do any fighting; ngs are worthless in combat. If you put them in a stack, they aren’t really adding any combat power value, except maybe as a very literal form of cheap cannon fodder, which is not going to do anything against an opponent with anything resembling decent recon. If you’re attacking, the ngs have essentially lost their time value against almost any defender. In one game in particular, I was Poland and France was in the same coalition, spamming ngs. With the help of UK, they managed to take over Spain, but after that they decided to attack Africa. The worthlessness of ngs in any situation is obvious here, but especially attacking. The landing forces were destroyed and only fragments were left to pull back after barely getting a foothold on the continent.

From my analysis, motorized infantry is decently strong at its job of defending cities. It has a ranged attack, isn’t too expensive, and can actually fight. Ngs on the other hand are just barely able to do defense; they’re really there to throw up a wall of weak units intended to act like armor: cut the enemy’s momentum long enough to get actually good units to do their job. Or, throw them all at the enemy home cities in a bid to cut off his supply, but hope they lack hard counters or ground defense of any sort.

Summarily, like Teburu said, it’s a matter of preference: do you want Infantry that fights, or just captures territory and dies to almost anything? Personally, I like my infantry to be able to capture territory and do some defensive and offensive fighting. Motorized is really good for that. As for researching multiple types of infantry, there’s not really much need to. The main exception to this is Western doctrine; airborne, naval, and spec ops are all prime units, especially in Southeast Asia. It also depends a lot on just how your specific game is going, as unit choice is designed to revolve around that and geography.
      Well infantry in genrell tends to kinda suck in combat except maybe mech and marinesmotorized inf and NG both share pretty much the same job: defending cities from insurgents and being fodder for missiles
      having any "real" combat unit instead of infantry will already dramaticly increase that stacks power
      True, also spec ops. The main difference is that ngs can do nothing else well or decently. Motorized is at least not going to be a near total waste of stack space. As Germanico said, using the defensive units with bunkers works well to increase their defensive ability, but on encountering a stack like that, parking some artillery outside the city and dropping some defensive units in the territory with an outpost should work to level the stack with impunity from attack, especially in regards to ngs.
    • Germanico wrote:

I've seen people use national guard very effectively in conjunction with bunkers for quick early defenses.
      Agree ....Ive won games with majority of built Inf is NG ... after get levl 5 - 6 not that bad and over game have built a ton of units. Keep few Inf stacks on front line and follow up taken cities with NG. If I can build 3 units in a day versus 1.25 with Inf its easy to out number enemies early on.

If you get into a bigger country can swarm the enemy with all the units I have.... he can't defend them all and sometimes just send single NG guards to chew up Prov and divert their defenses. But key is to have strike fighter force that clears out any big enemy stacks ahead of my inf.

One game I had big NG stack in city with bunkers and held off like 12 Mech Inf due to defense bonuses.

Can also use to beef up armor / inf stacks to absorb HP damage as fast/cheap to replace
      "And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him "

aka ...The killer formerly known as BuckeyeChamp
    • Stratieon wrote:

Ah. Well, as far motorized infantry spam is effective, it is for those same reasons that were earlier stated, and the fact that it actually has a surprisingly decent amount of combat power while ngs are going to get destroyed by pretty much any stack of anything. The main difference in choosing between mot inf and ngs is whether or not you want your units to do any fighting; ngs are worthless in combat. If you put them in a stack, they aren’t really adding any combat power value, except maybe as a very literal form of cheap cannon fodder, which is not going to do anything against an opponent with anything resembling decent recon. If you’re attacking, the ngs have essentially lost their time value against almost any defender. In one game in particular, I was Poland and France was in the same coalition, spamming ngs. With the help of UK, they managed to take over Spain, but after that they decided to attack Africa. The worthlessness of ngs in any situation is obvious here, but especially attacking. The landing forces were destroyed and only fragments were left to pull back after barely getting a foothold on the continent.

From my analysis, motorized infantry is decently strong at its job of defending cities. It has a ranged attack, isn’t too expensive, and can actually fight. Ngs on the other hand are just barely able to do defense; they’re really there to throw up a wall of weak units intended to act like armor: cut the enemy’s momentum long enough to get actually good units to do their job. Or, throw them all at the enemy home cities in a bid to cut off his supply, but hope they lack hard counters or ground defense of any sort.

Summarily, like Teburu said, it’s a matter of preference: do you want Infantry that fights, or just captures territory and dies to almost anything? Personally, I like my infantry to be able to capture territory and do some defensive and offensive fighting. Motorized is really good for that. As for researching multiple types of infantry, there’s not really much need to. The main exception to this is Western doctrine; airborne, naval, and spec ops are all prime units, especially in Southeast Asia. It also depends a lot on just how your specific game is going, as unit choice is designed to revolve around that and geography.

1- I ng is pretty much equal to motorized in city defense against infantry
      2- I'd obviously never use one more 1 ng in attack stacks only as a buffer
      3-I saw many many times motorized spams and it failed horribly he gets to take one or two neighbors but after tanks roll over and he is destroyed or even strike fighters

Maybe because I'm a conservative player that starting motorized and recon are enough for me to attack ai with.
      also building both army bases and recruiting centers is quite expensive while u would never need more than 3 army bases at least up to late game
    • I use the same recon-motorized stacks initially, and I'm even conquering US with it as Cuba in Flashpoint, but I continue to primarily utilize the motorized infantry throughout the game with relatively few upgrades; they only need army bases and nothing else to mobilize, which is actually easier when starting a game than waiting the 30 minutes for a recruiting center and is also of more utility carrying through to the late game. I was recently reviewing the exact stats for national guard and they are really bad to form the majority of a fighting force, but excellently cheap in the followup; I would suppose that ngs are therefore best for resource heavy builds that are constantly buying, mobilizing, and constructing high-tier things. Like I mentioned earlier, my preference is to have infantry in my stacks actually be capable of doing some fighting while capturing territory; mot inf is really cheap for me since I don't upgrade it to advanced for a pretty long while, just getting the upgrades right before that instead and then getting advanced when it is more useful to bring it up to max; it all depends on playstyle and preference.
    • In some ways NG are the best infantry:
      1) Protecting homeland cities from invasion while I am out conquering the world
      2) They are cheap and fast to mobilize
      3) They are great for conquering empty enemy territory after my Air Force has decimated the enemy
      4) They are great for preventing a city from going rogue due to low morale

Perhaps this works because I play a primarily air-based campaign. Air power is 90% of my game. Land units are only for taking territory after the battle (and pillaging the local population, of course). The only exception is a few rapid-reaction stacks to take out AA defenses.
    • japan samurai wrote:

Tank destroyers are essential, they prevent insurgents and help add some melee capabilities and defence for artillery.
      If TDs are essential, how are so many players able to thrive without building TDs (or any other Armor units)?

I'm confident that neither TDs nor any other Armor units are essential.

The post was edited 1 time, last by KFGauss ().

• motorized inf op?

Always. Always. Always

How to keep a city after conquering it safe from the Rogue State? NG can do? 1 NG will not be enough. You will have to defend the city with something else. Motorized Inf from level 3, 1 in each city will be enough. Capture terrain like the NG. At the beginning of the game, most cities have 2 inf moto (enemy cities). How to conquer them only with NG? You have to use something else. NG is cheap but forces you to develop other units. It ends up being more expensive, inefficient and spend time (because you have upgrade more than 1 type of unit) . In the begining of the game, TIME is crucial. Developing NG at the begining is waste time, because you have to develop others units. Starting at level 6, use mortar which is a great advantage.

Motorized Inf, ALWAYS.
      “The dog does not bark out of courage, but out of fear.”
      Chinese Proverb
    • You have to develop units other than Infantry in the beginning anyway.

Motorized isnt that suited for early attacks either so that’s kinda a redundant argument.

Or do you plan on dying to helis on day 3?

An resource invested into researching motorized higher than lvl 3 is wasted; especially the wasted research slot is a pretty major downside.
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • Gen ROMTOR wrote:

motorized inf op?

Always. Always. Always

How to keep a city after conquering it safe from the Rogue State? NG can do? 1 NG will not be enough. You will have to defend the city with something else. Motorized Inf from level 3, 1 in each city will be enough. Capture terrain like the NG. At the beginning of the game, most cities have 2 inf moto (enemy cities). How to conquer them only with NG? You have to use something else. NG is cheap but forces you to develop other units. It ends up being more expensive, inefficient and spend time (because you have upgrade more than 1 type of unit) . In the begining of the game, TIME is crucial. Developing NG at the begining is waste time, because you have to develop others units. Starting at level 6, use mortar which is a great advantage.

Motorized Inf, ALWAYS.
      To me, there is no significant difference between a level 1 NG and a level 7 Motorized Infantry.

Both can take territory and defend against insurgents. Both are food for choppers, fighters, and artillery. Yes, a level 6 infantry can outrange a tank and defeat it, but so can artillery, choppers, and fighters.

It takes only 30 minutes to research NGs, and then your first round of NGs comes out 8 1/2 hours later, instead of 19 1/2 like the MI (motorized infantry). Additionally, that vaunted 25 range boost to your MIs occurs on day 22 for crying out loud! And I have no clue what the problem is with being “forced to research other units”, especially since fighters, choppers, and artillery do a vastly superior job at slaughtering opposition.

I feel like your strategy is viable, albeit more expensive, inefficient, and slow, being designed against inexperienced, inactive, public match types of players. But against some quality opposition….I wish you the best!
      I am Aeneas, duty-bound and known above high air of heaven by my fame, carrying with me in my ships our gods of hearth and home, saved from the foe. I look for Italy to be my fatherland, and my descent is from all-highest Jove.
    • Zozo001 wrote:

Gen ROMTOR wrote:

NG can do? 1 NG will not be enough.
      Yes it will be plenty enough, actually.
      We've been through this recently.
      What many players don't recognize or discover right away is that while a couple of entrenched NG won't stop a city from spawning an insurgent, if the NG are healthy enough (not perfect, but enough) they will handily defeat the insurgent without losing control of the city and will survive to be healed.

And the city's morale will improve significantly before the next spawning possibility rolls around, if you haven't driven your entire empire's morale target into the toilet

One healthy NG is enough. If you have two, two is better (duh).

This means that while you can use Motorized Inf, or a TD, or Inf + Recon, or whatever to both reduce the chances an insurgent will spawn and to defeat any insurgent that does spawn; the cheaper method is building and using NGs.

NGs are quick to research initially and don't have to be improved; NGs take fewer Supp/Comp/Elec/Manp/Cash resources away from other projects; and NGs use less of what is often your most precious resource: Mobilization Time.

I was personally slow to pick up on this, because I dislike having insurgents spawn. It feels so untidy to have them pop up, regardless of whether my defenders will easily kill them.

The post was edited 1 time, last by KFGauss ().