motorized inf op?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• motorized inf op?

Sorry for the click bait :D :D . I'm relatively new and I don't see why would anyone ever research motorized.
      This is some analysis of infantry that I have done but I'd like any mistakes or inaccuracies to be pointed out.

I- very early game

the 3 choices u can pick on day 1 are motorized inf , recon veh. and ngs.
      ngs are cheaper, faster and only 8 hours production but they lack any defense against armor so recon vehicles will be a pain.
      motorized are a bit better but more expensive and takes a lot of time in compassion (X4 more time). also some dense enhancement is in regard to tanks.
      recon vehicles are different story they have some attack stats and a good damage vs infantry.
      at this point motorized inf may be better defense than national guard as ngs will spawn at health 70%.
      If it were only for the very begging recon vehicles would have been my pick but later?

II- a bit later
      you get access to all infantry
      which makes u think why would I go for motorized in the first place!

for defense u have ngs spawning at high health giving better value.They can also run fast in defense while having the airlift capabilities as the motorized.
      will need some tanks with ngs for tank defense (may be tank destroyers but special forces will be destructive ) but even afvs will be fine.
      u hate tanks ? u can use mechanized while they wont get the city defense 25% bonus they are much better vs tanks and with enough ngs they will absorp the damage.
      yes ngs are not good vs tanks but motorized neither even if motorized have much better damage not like they stand a chance except in huge masses.
      recons are not bad obviously but their stats doesn't go that well with research.

in attack: ngs have nearly no attack stats and with out the 50% bonus they are of no good but motorized can help a bit.
      recons being the best giving u radar detection to support your moves . but obviously they all are not worth it as u can get the airborne inf and marines.
      In my start I thought airborne to be good but now I don't I will talk about that later.

obviously u want to attack with airborne, marines or mechanized not any of the starting 3 units.
      but u may need a cheap buffer ngs are much much better.
      I might be biased as I don't care for radar of combat recons I think that winning the game usually is a combination of tactical wins which need huge radar
      capabilities like air units so I might go for mass uav sacrificing some in the process as money spent on intelligence have high roi on battle results.
      so ngs better buffers and have more speed.
      more on attacking usually I might go for some fancy play in the attack to get better chances like sending many 1 unit troop for multiple directions capturing some land first
      to make sure he can't see my army without full radar capability. move my attacking stack behind 1 or two of those if he doesn't have radar he might defend in the wrong place
      to find himself facing 1 unit and my real stacks getting other parts.
      Now this tactic is only possible with ngs being so cheap that I can rush them. also After they capture a provinces the rest of the movement in it will be so fast.
      Also if he has radar he will wate some time on finding my real army stack or even some sf shots exposing his airport to give me better air defense.

III - in late game
      obviously ng out perform any of those having very fast production without the need for high lvl recruitment center. as tanks are less valuable with every one having
      strong air units.

IV- what did't I consider
      ur infantry unit choices affect other aspects
      ng research so cheap that u can afford another infantry research which is pretty hard with motorized (at least for me).
      building recruiting offices helps ur cities with fast production when u build other units while army bases are useless.
      the 70% health in the first day is a huge draw back for ngs but those low health ngs I can later use as buffers or for any other reason/

Iv - best unit
      the unit I didn't mention is special forces and yes they are obviously the best units
      they can do pretty much every think u can dream of except capture.
      obviously u can't get the capture and stealth at a time this would be so op
      still why would I go for airborne inf while I can use special forces.
      better attack and stealth with high ground speed and better modifiers. I can go for lvl 1 airborne to do the capture thing but not likely.
      still ngs are cheap that u can research special forces without problems and they can do the capture.
      one thing I'm certain about I'm never using motorized inf.

at last I have seen some players use ultra inf play with high investment in motorized early on conquering like most of their neighbors
      but they usually are destroyed when new neighbors attack with their tank divisions.But may be all I have seen doing so are just bad players idk.

What u tihnk of that?
    • try this when you research motorized infantry to two star general they get get mortars and act like artillery

and mechanized severly cuts into your component consumption so you end building less fighters,attack helicopters,tank destroyers, frigates, destroyers, tanks.

and as for national guard for get it even 3 star it useless i had a guy use 3 star national guard recently it was a blood bath for him

plus i have had situations where i had level one motorized infantry against level one national guard my infantry kicked there butt
      • hello

The post was edited 4 times, last by ross222 ().

• i have gone up against guys who are warrant officers and first and second lieutenants and have never seen any of them use national guard and ive been playing this game 2 1/2 years and am now a level 74 major seargent. i am not the top best best player in anyway im just giving you advice from experience.

use motorized,naval, mechanized or airborne dont ever use national guard
      • hello
    • Lots of good observations - but often not based on real gameplay.
      I will leave details to our grognards, though may point out that a lot of choices are also dictated by the early game: who's attacking, who's defending, where are you located etc/
      Airborne specifically have a vicious air attack when performing landing operations and are generally the fastest way of capturing rough terrain, and in the back of the enemy.

In the end the truth is: there is no "best" unit. It depends on situation and personal preference.
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • Motorized infantry's main benefits are its price and ranged attack at maximum upgrade, as well as to a lesser extent its defensive bonuses. That's essentially what the entire thread of responses have been about.

What I see a lot of players, even some experienced ones (level 50+), forget about it is that it is defensive, and that mainly in cities. As Alexander the Great knew and frequently exploited, a unit's greatest strength can be its greatest weakness. With mot inf, this manifests as a lack of offensive capability. Therefore, I frequently see enormous stacks of motorized headed into a region only to get steamrolled by hard counters, especially helicopter gunships. The only times the mot inf spam works is if a strong combined arms force with heavy armor and a powerful air force has cleared the way for it, which is basically the point: mot inf is supposed to just follow up a main advance and mop up any territory, then provide a quick reserve to drop into any territories that are threatened. This preserves the combined arms mechanic of the game. National Guard is pretty much worthless; it has no power and will fall to any decent stack and hard inf counters.

Summarily, in order to defeat mot inf spam, the main advantages of mot inf simply must be negated. Since these advantages are primarily price, ranged attack, and defensive capability, all that is necessary to defeat them is:

1. A hard counter to destroy the mot inf while taking minimal damage (generally heli gunships especially for European and Eastern)
      2. Real artillery, either towed or mlrs, to level any mot inf stacks from far outside their range to defeat their range
      3. Infantry strong on the attack to defeat their defensive bonuses (sf and marines, especially for eastern and western respectively.)
    • ross222 wrote:

try this when you research motorized infantry to two star general they get get mortars and act like artillery

and mechanized severly cuts into your component consumption so you end building less fighters,attack helicopters,tank destroyers, frigates, destroyers, tanks.

and as for national guard for get it even 3 star it useless i had a guy use 3 star national guard recently it was a blood bath for him

plus i have had situations where i had level one motorized infantry against level one national guard my infantry kicked there butt
      1- yes I'm nit really aware of the power of its range small range I believe best use to provoke them and be on the defense but how much does it offer till tier 2
      2- I didn't say mechanized is the best I say he seems better
      3- yes he is only good while setting on a city and of course and he is cheaper faster to produce I'm talking about value per unit material spent
      4- only 1 infantry? I think this is hard for me to play and of course he will be air mobile having most features I need
      5-free research space? usually in the first day I have r\re material problems not time even tho I always buy all rares off the market and put some buy offers and so . I also like high production large countries so I don't see how will time be important early, ng help a lot being cheap to research
    • Germanico wrote:

Lots of good observations - but often not based on real gameplay.
      I will leave details to our grognards, though may point out that a lot of choices are also dictated by the early game: who's attacking, who's defending, where are you located etc/
      Airborne specifically have a vicious air attack when performing landing operations and are generally the fastest way of capturing rough terrain, and in the back of the enemy.

In the end the truth is: there is no "best" unit. It depends on situation and personal preference.
      thanx and yes no ultimate unit that's a reason I like the nerf on season choppers as they made asf a u must have unit. and yes every unit has its context.
      I meant with the air mobile why lvl them up while u can stack lvl 1 air mobile with special forces make him follow them as the out perform him and have more versatility in applications. They are more expensive of course but they will do other jobs than simple airborne allowing u to skip other units to research
    • Stratieon wrote:

Motorized infantry's main benefits are its price and ranged attack at maximum upgrade, as well as to a lesser extent its defensive bonuses. That's essentially what the entire thread of responses have been about.

What I see a lot of players, even some experienced ones (level 50+), forget about it is that it is defensive, and that mainly in cities. As Alexander the Great knew and frequently exploited, a unit's greatest strength can be its greatest weakness. With mot inf, this manifests as a lack of offensive capability. Therefore, I frequently see enormous stacks of motorized headed into a region only to get steamrolled by hard counters, especially helicopter gunships. The only times the mot inf spam works is if a strong combined arms force with heavy armor and a powerful air force has cleared the way for it, which is basically the point: mot inf is supposed to just follow up a main advance and mop up any territory, then provide a quick reserve to drop into any territories that are threatened. This preserves the combined arms mechanic of the game. National Guard is pretty much worthless; it has no power and will fall to any decent stack and hard inf counters.

Summarily, in order to defeat mot inf spam, the main advantages of mot inf simply must be negated. Since these advantages are primarily price, ranged attack, and defensive capability, all that is necessary to defeat them is:

1. A hard counter to destroy the mot inf while taking minimal damage (generally heli gunships especially for European and Eastern)
      2. Real artillery, either towed or mlrs, to level any mot inf stacks from far outside their range to defeat their range
      3. Infantry strong on the attack to defeat their defensive bonuses (sf and marines, especially for eastern and western respectively.)

thamx but I was talking the opposite them being too weak and that spamming them would never work
    • MrBookShelf wrote:

Infanty: yup best unit when you are sleeping.

Wake up with your whole defense tank are gone because 20 enemy infanty just sit right next to my cities and range attack them.

But lol my bad I don't have artillery or aircraft guarding them
      that's why I can't sleep more than 4 hours if I'm in games (especially highly active ones). and X4 is impossible to play. at least with my army compositions. This game HIGHLY appreciate activity.
    • Teburu wrote:

motorized are better at "burning" excess supplies than NG, they also tend to have an easier time fighting off insurgents, but which inf you pick to conquer pretty much comes down to preference in the end
      that's a good point that I will consider when I'm not going for gunships. that with excess supplies I'm nearly paying the component cost only giving better stats than ng for some component
    • thamx but I was talking the opposite them being too weak and that spamming them would never work, while not spam infantry so idont nasty surprises ive done it and it works to a certain extent and the higher research the more attack points you get. and national is the weakest unit on the list. but i think youre going to have to learn this from trial and error, i wish the best of luck with national guard though
      • hello
    • ross222 wrote:

thamx but I was talking the opposite them being too weak and that spamming them would never work, while not spam infantry so idont nasty surprises ive done it and it works to a certain extent and the higher research the more attack points you get. and national is the weakest unit on the list. but i think youre going to have to learn this from trial and error, i wish the best of luck with national guard thou
      I already tried in many games in and guess what ng is the best value per unit material.
      Okay the spam may work on one neighbor but leave u exposed to tank division rolls from other neighbors which is usually happens for over extension.
    • Ah. Well, as far motorized infantry spam is effective, it is for those same reasons that were earlier stated, and the fact that it actually has a surprisingly decent amount of combat power while ngs are going to get destroyed by pretty much any stack of anything. The main difference in choosing between mot inf and ngs is whether or not you want your units to do any fighting; ngs are worthless in combat. If you put them in a stack, they aren’t really adding any combat power value, except maybe as a very literal form of cheap cannon fodder, which is not going to do anything against an opponent with anything resembling decent recon. If you’re attacking, the ngs have essentially lost their time value against almost any defender. In one game in particular, I was Poland and France was in the same coalition, spamming ngs. With the help of UK, they managed to take over Spain, but after that they decided to attack Africa. The worthlessness of ngs in any situation is obvious here, but especially attacking. The landing forces were destroyed and only fragments were left to pull back after barely getting a foothold on the continent.

From my analysis, motorized infantry is decently strong at its job of defending cities. It has a ranged attack, isn’t too expensive, and can actually fight. Ngs on the other hand are just barely able to do defense; they’re really there to throw up a wall of weak units intended to act like armor: cut the enemy’s momentum long enough to get actually good units to do their job. Or, throw them all at the enemy home cities in a bid to cut off his supply, but hope they lack hard counters or ground defense of any sort.

Summarily, like Teburu said, it’s a matter of preference: do you want Infantry that fights, or just captures territory and dies to almost anything? Personally, I like my infantry to be able to capture territory and do some defensive and offensive fighting. Motorized is really good for that. As for researching multiple types of infantry, there’s not really much need to. The main exception to this is Western doctrine; airborne, naval, and spec ops are all prime units, especially in Southeast Asia. It also depends a lot on just how your specific game is going, as unit choice is designed to revolve around that and geography.
    • Stratieon wrote:

Ah. Well, as far motorized infantry spam is effective, it is for those same reasons that were earlier stated, and the fact that it actually has a surprisingly decent amount of combat power while ngs are going to get destroyed by pretty much any stack of anything. The main difference in choosing between mot inf and ngs is whether or not you want your units to do any fighting; ngs are worthless in combat. If you put them in a stack, they aren’t really adding any combat power value, except maybe as a very literal form of cheap cannon fodder, which is not going to do anything against an opponent with anything resembling decent recon. If you’re attacking, the ngs have essentially lost their time value against almost any defender. In one game in particular, I was Poland and France was in the same coalition, spamming ngs. With the help of UK, they managed to take over Spain, but after that they decided to attack Africa. The worthlessness of ngs in any situation is obvious here, but especially attacking. The landing forces were destroyed and only fragments were left to pull back after barely getting a foothold on the continent.

From my analysis, motorized infantry is decently strong at its job of defending cities. It has a ranged attack, isn’t too expensive, and can actually fight. Ngs on the other hand are just barely able to do defense; they’re really there to throw up a wall of weak units intended to act like armor: cut the enemy’s momentum long enough to get actually good units to do their job. Or, throw them all at the enemy home cities in a bid to cut off his supply, but hope they lack hard counters or ground defense of any sort.

Summarily, like Teburu said, it’s a matter of preference: do you want Infantry that fights, or just captures territory and dies to almost anything? Personally, I like my infantry to be able to capture territory and do some defensive and offensive fighting. Motorized is really good for that. As for researching multiple types of infantry, there’s not really much need to. The main exception to this is Western doctrine; airborne, naval, and spec ops are all prime units, especially in Southeast Asia. It also depends a lot on just how your specific game is going, as unit choice is designed to revolve around that and geography.
      Well infantry in genrell tends to kinda suck in combat except maybe mech and marines
      motorized inf and NG both share pretty much the same job: defending cities from insurgents and being fodder for missiles
      having any "real" combat unit instead of infantry will already dramaticly increase that stacks power
      I am The Baseline for opinions