TACTICAL INFANTRY UPDATE (200122)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• TACTICAL INFANTRY UPDATE (200122)

+ + + + GENERAL UPDATE + + + +
      Commanders,

Everything is fresh in the new decade – so today’s update brings you both a significant change to the game meta, as well as a fresh new map!

Radar detection and radar signatures have received a complete overhaul. Previously, the topic of radar was easily confused with sight-range. In order to minimize this confusion, we have streamlined in-game terminology, implemented new tool-tips for radar signatures, updated tool-tips for radar detection, and completely updated the wiki sections about Radar and Sight-Range.

The wiki sections about Sight-Range and Radar have been updated. We highly recommend you take the time to read through them.

The most important change to note about the radar signature is that almost every unit now has either a HIGH or LOW signature size. If a unit has a LOW signature size, it is harder to detect by weak radar, and requires an advanced radar system capable of detecting LOW radar signatures. Logically it follows that a radar that can detect LOW radar signatures of a given type can also detect HIGH signatures of the same type.
      • E.g. if a unit's radar can detect LOW Fixed Wing Aircraft signatures, it can also detect HIGH Fixed Wing Aircraft signatures.
      With the feedback of several alliances and their leaders we have re-balanced the radar signatures of several units, and the radar detection capabilities of others. Here are some noteworthy cases:
      • All infantry units no longer appear on regular radar. Only Mobile Radar from level 3 onward can now detect the low radar signatures of infantry units.
      • All helicopters now have a low radar signature as well, so they can only be picked up by AWACS advanced radar systems from level 4 onward.
      • End -Tier/High-Level Fixed Wing Aircraft have also become hard to detect on radar and are now have low radar signatures.
      • Stealth Aircraft will in future have no radar signature at all (similar to Special Forces infantry). This means they cannot be detected by radar.
        • However, they can be revealed in sight-range by units that have the “Reveal Stealth” feature. These are typically high-level anti-air systems such as the Mobile SAM or Theater Defence System.

With real life events sometimes overtaking our game, we feel it is time to present you with our newest combat theater called “Blood And Oil”. It is a 50-Player map focused on tensions in the Middle East, Europe, North Africa and the Hindukush. On it we have added new strategic sites granting resources and Victory Points – focusing the gameplay on capturing and holding these important territories. Making a comeback are the newly equipped more dangerous and stealthy “New Caliphate” Guerilla - the most threatening insurgents in the game so far, with a tenacity the likes never seen before. Make sure to control your territory and not give them any room… at your peril.

Additionally, on Blood and Oil we have implemented the idea of new “shared” homeland provinces and cities, specifically: the cities controlled by US forces in Iraq, Afghanistan, Russian controlled cities in Syria and the Crimea, Turkish controlled cities in Libya, Chinese controlled cities in Djibouti, and lastly British controlled Belfast in North Ireland. These territories can be reconquered by their “de Jure” owners and immediately will be Homeland cities for said nation (basically these provinces and cities have two core / homeland owners – the occupying nation as well as the original owner nation).

SIGHTING BALANCING CHANGES

(Only applies to new games that started after this update)

Ground Units
      • All Infantry (except Spec. Forces)
        • All Infantry now have LOW radar signature (with the exemption of Special Forces, who have no radar signature due to their Stealth)
        • Infantry will now become radar detected only if entering a radar capable of detecting “low-radar-signatures” of ground units (Level 3 Mobile Radar Units)
      Please note: This changes nothing about the visibility of infantry in sight-range! Just as before this update, hostile, non-stealth units such as regular infantry will be 100% visible to you in your territory. Nothing has changed in this regard.

Rotary Wing Aircraft
      • All Helicopters
        • Removed Scout feature (revealing enemy force composition) from all helicopters - they will now only reveal unit presence without exact details
        • All Helicopters now have LOW radar signature (they fly NOE - nap of earth and avoid radar like the plague, using valleys, hiding behind structures, tree-lines, ridges etc.)
      • Helicopter Gunship
        • Increased sight-range of all Gunships from 32 to 40
        • Added Stealth Detection of ground units to Helicopter Gunships levels 6 - 7 (upgraded sensor suites allowing them to detect special forces)
        • Removed radar capability (they don’t have radar in real life either)
      • Attack Helicopter
        • Removed air-to-air radar capability as their radar in real life is ground searching radar aimed against hard targets (eg. Longbow radar)
      • Rotary Wing Officer
        • Removed radar capabilities vs Rotary Wing Aircraft in line with above unit changes
        • Changed radar capability vs Naval Units from LOW to HIGH (we don’t have any Low radar signature naval units presently)
      Fixed Wing Aircraft
      • All Conventional Fixed Wing Fighter Aircraft of Tier 3 (usually level 6+)
        • Air Sup Fighters, Strikes, and their naval counterparts now have LOW radar signature from the last model onward, symbolizing the effort in modern aircraft to reduce the radar cross-sections of said aircraft.
        • Can only be radar detected by radar units picking up low radar signatures vs air (eg. late game AWACS, TDs, SAMs etc)
      • All Stealth Aircraft
        • Have NO radar signature whatsoever, effectively are invisible and are only detectable within sight range if the sighting unit has Reveal-Stealth capabilities
        • Have no radar capabilities themselves (would give away position)
      • UAV (Drone)
        • Now has a LOW radar signature, and NO radar signature in the last tier (level 6) as that is where it adds Stealth (invisibility)
      • AWACS & Naval AWACS
        • Are HIGH radar signature themselves (quite obviously)
        • Added radar capability vs low helicopter radar signatures starting on Tier 2 (Level 4)
        • Removed low ground radar capability (that’s for Mobile Radar now)
      Naval Units
      • All Units
        • Increased sight-range for all naval units and levels from 35 to 40
      • Corvette
        • Level 6/7 now have a HIGH radar signature as all other naval units and can be spotted by any radar able to detect ships (this was a leftover actually)
      • Frigate
        • Removed radar capability vs Rotary Aircraft for levels 1 - 5 (but the slow movement of helis in conjunction with 40 sight range will lead to helis probably being AA attacked while en-route)
      • Cruiser
        • Changed radar detection signature of Naval Units from LOW to HIGH (another leftover in the list originally meant to spot the Corvettes)
      Info: Corvettes are slated for some new features in one of the coming updates because we are aware they lack a specific role in late game...

General Changes
      • Wiki sections on Sight-Range and Radar have been reworked for clarity
      • Added tooltips and icons to radar and aircraft to make the new radar signature feature understandable
      • Updated unit mobilization timer to properly consider building factors and morale penalties
      • Slightly adjusted Rising Tides VP due to games ending prematurely
      • Updated patrol targets for Fixed Wing Officers
        • Now only automatically engages aircraft during patrol
        • If grouped with Strike Fighters, will still automatically engage ground and sea units during patrol
      • Updated the First Day Gameplay tutorial video linked in the Advisor
      • Adjusted scale of unit fuel upkeep to fit changes introduced in this update, as well as future updates
      • Enabled building info dialog for buildings in neutral/hostile provinces (yes, now you can actually read what it is)
      • Updated graphics and names for US Helicopter Gunships tier 1 and 3 to Kiowa and Armed Black Hawk
      • Updated EU Special Forces graphics to be easier to tell apart from Airborne infantry

Fixes

• Fixed issue where aircraft Ferry range did not consider Carriers

NEW Event Maps

Blood and Oil:
      In the 21st century fueling the fire of war requires two things above all else: Blood and Oil. Secure your nation's access to the last reserves of fossil fuel, or settle for a place on the scrapyard of history.
      A brand new expanded Middle East Map makes its debut, featuring overhauled resource changes, multiple homeland owners, and much more.
      • 50 Players across Europe, Middle East, North Africa and parts of Asia
      • Coalition Sizes of 3
      • 10 Strategic Sites which provide VP and extra resource production
      • Specific occupied cities claimed as homeland by two opposing nations (NEW)
      • Loads of ex-territorial bases and Territories (US in the Middle East, China in Africa, Russia in Syria, Turkey in Libya).
      • Regular speed and 4x Speed
      WWZ 64 Players map 4x
      The WWZ 64 Player has received the 4x treatment, yes, this includes the zombie movements! You best keep your wits about you. The Undead know no remorse.
      Dorado Games
      Conflict Of Nations

The post was edited 4 times, last by Dorado ().

• Uff... That is quite a bunch of changes, I feel sorry for new players, but for veterans surely interesting :D

I really like the change to Fixed Wing Officer patrol.

Edit: By the way what is with towed artillery? Shouldn't they be considered low signature as well?
      Would give them a new feature and a necessary buff.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Kalrakh ().

• Making a comeback are the newly equipped more dangerous and stealthy “New Caliphate” Guerilla - the most threatening insurgents in the game so far, with a tenacity the likes never seen before. Make sure to control your territory and not give them any room… at your peril

are you referencing the chosen here from rising tides or something worse then them and if so god help us aagghhh
      • hello
    • Germanico wrote:

In fact when you try to compensate all details it will melt your brain - but if you simply play along from the start it's much easier.
      To late...you should put this warning first sentence in the news section....

I am also impressed how fast this made its way from dev diary to production
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.

The post was edited 1 time, last by kurtvonstein ().

• Hmm. Interesting. As scouting and real life go, don’t helicopters have powerful observation systems? Also, fighter radars should be probably be able to detect helicopters at some point, although the NOE does sometimes loose them in the ground scatter. As to the infantry low observability, I would suppose mechanized and naval aren’t really that much harder to detect than regular armor, while motorized infantry seem to make up for any low observability of individual vehicles with the sheer number, in contrast to special forces, which is already the stealthy infantry. It seems somewhat that this update might make mot inf spam more viable, although it seems good overall. The balancing for the radar is quite delicate. I’ve been wondering about different layers of detection like detection bands, which seems to exist somewhat in the sight range mechanic.
    • Zozo001 wrote:

>Everything is fresh in the new decade
      We're still in decade 2011-20; the next one will start in its year 1, not 0, just as all preceding ones have... ;(

Yeti wrote:

We're both right according to Wikipedia:
      en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decade
      I beg to differ: @Zozo001 is incorrect.

By both measures, this is the BEGINNING of the 202nd decade, i.e. the START of year 0. Therefore, this is indeed the START of a new decade, not next year :P

:D
      "Any of you *uckin' pricks move, and I'll execute every mother*uckin' last one of ya!" - Honey Bunny
    • I see there more than I expected. I think that stealth objects are now worth their price, coz, if I'm not wrong, they can't be spotted on the radar at all. And something tells me that it makes whole stealth design exactly as it should be.
      Display Spoiler

"We rarely recognize how wonderful it is that a person can traverse an entire lifetime without making a single really serious mistake — like putting a fork in one's eye or using a window instead of a door."
      - Marvin Lee Minsky

• Hunting Subs isn't done via radar but by using sonar. And yes - destroyers, like all other surface naval vessels are HIGH signature. They truly are - impressively large, and built of lots of reflecting metal.

Subs in contrast have NO radar signature (being stealth units). They do appear on sonar though - meaning the destroyer can see them if in range.
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • Sima wrote:

Zozo001 wrote:

We're still in decade 2011-20; the next one will start in its year 1, not 0, just as all preceding ones have... ;(

Yeti wrote:

By both measures, this is the BEGINNING of the 202nd decade, i.e. the START of year 0. Therefore, this is indeed the START of a new decade, not next year :P

It is not funny to say correct answer would be incorrect one...
    • Sima wrote:

Zozo001 wrote:

Yeti wrote:

talking about it 24 days into 2020 :joy: lolol
    • About Blood & Oil Scenario

The description tells me that Oil refinery has flat resource bonus +2k, but at the province the value of fuel income show me around 1k. How to interpret that? Will local industry boost the amount or it's redundant to refinery?

map.jpgrefinery.jpg
      Display Spoiler

"We rarely recognize how wonderful it is that a person can traverse an entire lifetime without making a single really serious mistake — like putting a fork in one's eye or using a window instead of a door."
      - Marvin Lee Minsky