TACTICAL INFANTRY UPDATE (200122)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• It's two thousand for the building and the other sum is from the actual province.
      Then there is the point that it's a province meaning 50% of the above.

And then once you conquer it another thing happens:

- the morale drops to 25 and builds up slowly (reducing the output)

@kurtvonstein if you build recruiting offices in conquered cities the "flat" is also subject to both the status of the province (eg. conquered) and also morale.

There you go. This said we obviously calculated this in when setting the "basis resource level". So it's neither unintentional nor surprising.
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • Well in this case..why do you make a 2000 unit building when even the owner only get 50%? Meaning me as a conquerer only gets 25%?

Nevertheless is probably only a language thing. But when a read static value I expect a constant static value independent of moral or other factors.

BTW: It never occurred to me to build a recruitment center in a conquered province...

test.png
      @Dorado If you Close the Forum and move everything to Discord you will lose my Feedback for sure.
    • Btw, I like Blood & Oil. 8)
      • Conflicts everywhere.
      • No option to get advanced infrastructure early without moving out of comfort zone.
      • Caliphate is serious. :D

Personally I would adjust:
      • -50% to resources at the cities.
      • +100% to resources generated at resource fields and more of them at the map.
      • 'Strategic points' not only restricted to oil, rares and cash.
      • Add extra medium units at start(single per type) and reach around -10 to fuel by that, so we could get more intense beginning.
      Display Spoiler

"We rarely recognize how wonderful it is that a person can traverse an entire lifetime without making a single really serious mistake — like putting a fork in one's eye or using a window instead of a door."
      - Marvin Lee Minsky

• @kurtvonstein it all has to do with us using the system we have.
      Victory sites are located on provinces. Provinces, unlike cities, do not get the 25% penalty after conquest. All provinces technically provide 50% no matter if conquered or homeland.
      Additonally on blood and oil none of the sites belongs to anyone in the beginning. Just saying.
      we would have to recode some core elements of the game to alleviate this issue and hence have decided to simply balance it via game design.
      "Going to war without France is like going hunting without an accordion." Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf
    • 1. More precisely - some serious part.

2. You know : Marines, MechInf, AirInf, Special Forces, Striker, Drone, ACV, TD, Tank, Gunship, Att heli, ASWHeli, MobRadar, MobArt, MobAA, Corvette, Frigate, Destroyer, AttSub... all x1
      Display Spoiler

"We rarely recognize how wonderful it is that a person can traverse an entire lifetime without making a single really serious mistake — like putting a fork in one's eye or using a window instead of a door."
      - Marvin Lee Minsky

• I don't get this one :

"Stealth Aircraft will in future have no radar signature at all (similar to Special Forces infantry). This means they cannot be detected by radar.
      • However, they can be revealed in sight-range by units that have the “Reveal Stealth” feature. These are typically high-level anti-air systems such as the Mobile SAM or Theater Defence System."
      Does this mean, in the future, a maxed level SAM will not be able to engage stealth using his air attack range (100) but only in his reduced sight range? And the same for TDS and frigates
    • ovy7825 wrote:

I don't get this one :

"Stealth Aircraft will in future have no radar signature at all (similar to Special Forces infantry). This means they cannot be detected by radar.
      • However, they can be revealed in sight-range by units that have the “Reveal Stealth” feature. These are typically high-level anti-air systems such as the Mobile SAM or Theater Defence System."
      Does this mean, in the future, a maxed level SAM will not be able to engage stealth using his air attack range (100) but only in his reduced sight range? And the same for TDS and frigates
      it means exactly what it says there; stealth aircraft will no longer be detected on any radar, however when a unit in sam range is attacked by stealth aircraft the sam will still retaliate
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • So to summarize. The SAM will no longer display the radar spot and it will no longer engage the stealth before he gets to his target
      Will the retaliation happen before or after the stealth make his strike?

I am asking because this change has the potential to make stealth bombers and strikers way overpowered. If they can deliver the strike to a full built city before being engaged by anti-stealth units, which do require quite an investment, and level the city then any losses to them will come second to benefits
    • ovy7825 wrote:

So to summarize. The SAM will no longer display the radar spot and it will no longer engage the stealth before he gets to his target
      Will the retaliation happen before or after the stealth make his strike?

I am asking because this change has the potential to make stealth bombers and strikers way overpowered. If they can deliver the strike to a full built city before being engaged by anti-stealth units, which do require quite an investment, and level the city then any losses to them will come second to benefits
      yes, and you can still put AA in that city and it works ^^; stealth units now finally are no longer useless after day 23
      I am The Baseline for opinions
    • 'stealth bombers and strikers way overpowered.'

Nah... Compare the prices. Before the update, stealth fighers was a crap(and now we can see this clearly). Anything could detect them and scrap them, before single one goes out from a factory. Now they seem deadly when correctly used and a bit lucky - and that's fine. Wall breachers.

For my taste, I would add only some little adjustments:
      • doubled sight view to SAM(T3) and TDS at the mountains (special forces will be happy)
      • +25 sight view to sASF (best air tracker)
      Display Spoiler

- Marvin Lee Minsky

• Some mid/late game thoughts:

1. Blood & Oil : I completely ignored new strategical points, and focused on 'standard expansion' instead, and it was a good choice.
      2. I feel new radar mechanics didn't changed much in my decision making, there were only moments in games, but I can't remember now. Got around 5-8 Tier2 mobile radars, but It was a standard before the update.
      3. I'm afraid of Special Forces much. Focusing on using them instead of defending against them. If I'm not wrong their helicopters are stealth(not sure after update), so they have both land and air stealth and can get to most homelands =O I don't see a reason why to defend against, if SF doom stack will airstrike and kill almost any small group. Currently looking for cheap city protection strategy 1x recon per city... Nah; 1x Drone and 1x MobAA per city... Nah.
      4. Blood & Oil : Insurgents are moving like snails so they can wait, but Command Centers was a challenge to clear earlier, there was around 25 Enforcers in 7 Command Centers on small area. After few days of boom&heal Naval Infantry doom stack and Strikers did the job well (didn't have artillery then due to savings for MRL).
      And some solutions to problems above:

1. Decrease fuel generation rates at cities, maybe -25%, maybe -50% not sure, and maybe some two additional refineries. So aquiring more and more cities doesn't make player forgets about fuel.
      2. I still believe that radar mechanic should depend on radar level - radar T2 should not spot T3 units until it will up to Tier3 etc. Otherwise it touches only small fragments of the game - to build T2 radar makes us happy again. Also Mobile Radar don't need to be so cheap in research now. I would make them around 500 rares and supplies more expensive.
      3. Special Forces should have stealth heli on Tier3, before that, they must 'walk' if want to be unnoticed.
      4. Everything fun about Insurgents was, that they spread like disease and consuming the weaklings, and you can use them as allies by slowing down your opponents. Not fun in a part where you need to waste tons of resources to clear someones very old mess. I think they should have stats dropped down by half, but increased aggressiveness and create one insurgent daily per city. So we could get a feeling that 'we need to stop them fast', without 'I must send there the whole army' effect.
      Display Spoiler

- Marvin Lee Minsky

The post was edited 6 times, last by Efreet: more precision ().

• 2. Would not make sense, why higher tiers would be less detectable. A bigger tank is easier to spot that a smaller one. I find it logical pleasing, that how the new radar works, though still wish for towed to get low profile too (and to regain their ability to shoot while disembarking). They are soft targets after all and would regain some meaning that way.

3. Absolutely against it, would make them pretty much useless in the early stages similar to drones.

4. I miss the buildings too, though the New Caliphate won to many maps it seems.
    • 2. It's not about armored units generally. Agree with low profile to TowArt, but it think it won't change much. Better to make TowArt2, TowArt3 faster to reasearch than MobRadar2, MobRadar3, so they could airstrike unnoticed by radar - if detection depend on level.

3. Well, that's only my opinion. No way to spot them in the air in times they are available until day 25(If I'm not wrong). So gates are open... too easy on my taste. Leaving tank and ACV per city only to survive that is pointless.
      Display Spoiler

- Marvin Lee Minsky